[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do a lot of thrift store/clothing exchange/consignment store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: thriftstore.jpg (625KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
thriftstore.jpg
625KB, 2048x1536px
I do a lot of thrift store/clothing exchange/consignment store shopping, because I save my money to buy investment wardrobe pieces.
Now, I've been told by random people (friends, acquaintances, and even few strangers) that I have great fashion sense. HOWEVER, I don't necessarily feel that myself. Basically, I just buy clothes based on 1. how they look and fit on me, and 2. what appeals to me. I always second guess myself when I get dressed, but IDK if it's just me being OCD or what.
So, for you more experienced sartorial hounds, how do you know if the second hand clothes you're buying and wearing are /fa/ and not making you look dated and/or weird? Know what I mean?
>>
Oh my god stop talking
>>
File: am i fa.jpg (400KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
am i fa.jpg
400KB, 2448x3264px
REDDIT
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>10940764
You sound like a girl.

>>10940767
Never been there, thank god.
>>
>>10940754
thats a good question man, and im not sure theres really an answer. i dont think style and fashion sense is really something that can be taught. i guess on a basic level it can be, but some ppl just have a knack for going into a thrift store, and they can throw together an outfit that look great. other ppl just end up looking like shit. it hard to put your finger on. when i was in high school, ppl pointed at me and laughed, and said "look, he bought all of his clothes from thrift stores! hes poor! " it was true, i did buy all my clothes from thrift stores. but thats not the desired result. you dont want to look like you just walked out of a thrift store. its hard to explain.
>>
>>10940784
Yeah, I guess that's why I asked.
Like I said, I've had a lot of people tell me the love my outfits/fashion sense/whatever, but I personally have self doubt about it, but then again, I'm pretty OCD.
I had to have surgery a few months ago, and even the nurses were telling me the loved the outfit I wore to the fucking SURGERY CENTER, which was.....weird. But probably 75% of my wardrobe is second-hand, with the exception of jeans, some shoes, and more "investment" pieces.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.