[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This may be a stretch, but do you think a better Grailed could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: desire to know more.jpg (246KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desire to know more.jpg
246KB, 627x502px
This may be a stretch, but do you think a better Grailed could be made? What bothers you about the site/what features do you wish it had? Could the UI be better?

I'm strongly considering developing a competitor as a project, but I need to do some research into what people want first. Also I feel like Reddit would be swarming with Grailed shills, so.
>>
For the most part I'm fine with how Grailed works at the moment. The only real complain I have is the filtering system, but nothing major. I think generally most people want security when using a site like Grailed.
>>
the more followers your item has, the lower the price reduction threshold should be
or it should lower the bump cooldown
>>
>>10937606
Right, I definitely understand the need for security.

>>10937613
Noted.

An interesting thing I think about with this idea is that I could launch the site with commission as Grailed did and just undercut them by only taking say, 4% instead of the 6% they do. People are surprisingly fickle as long as the quality of the site is >= Grailed.
>>
Personally I'd want item measurements to be mandatory. Searching for measurements of some 4 year old piece is impossible.
>>
>>10937643
Good idea. I'd definitely want better data/descriptions for items.

Perhaps stricter account requirements as well.
>>
Also, I do intend to keep /fa/ in the loop with this project should I start it.
>>
>>10937689
you won't. you're just fantasizing because grailed came out of beta the other day
thanks for the thought though
>>
mobile app that isn't garbage
Grailed mobile app has no filtering options, even for size or label
I'm guessing they will add features like that later, but don't roll out your fucking app if it's not practical and useable yet.
>>
>>10937716
You don't know that. I've thought of the idea ever since I've started using the site. If I can gather enough opinions and feedback to justify working on this: I will do it.
>>
>>10937728
This and the fact that the site wasn't even really responsive until a couple of weeks ago is a big motivator for me as well.
>>
women's clothing
>>
>>10937742
the vc funding probably only kicked in a few months ago and they finally had the means to do real development
>>
>>10937758
The app I can understand, but making a responsive design is not difficult and is one of the most important parts of UI design and front end dev.
>>
>>10937667
Adding onto this, my biggest pet peeve online shopping is no sort of scale. Make it mandatory for a picture on the wearer with their height/weight. Also make them give a few set pictures. (i.e. for a winter coat, they need to show the inside, zipped up, hood on/off, etc)
>>
>>10937782
Problem with that is it can become very difficult to moderate.

>>10937755
Oh yeah, I'd definitely want to feature women's items too.
>>
>>10937596
a few things I thought about

1) possibly allowing people to follow each others accounts. (keep up with the items they are favoriting and putting up for sale)
2) Making giving reviews actually meaningful. The whole giving reviews bs is pretty useless right now other than to show how much shit you've bought.
3) Do what grailed did. The whole grailed100 event was pretty damn great. Keep it consistent . (do it twice per year) *FW & SS*
>>
>>10938144
I like the idea of following people, and I'd definitely like to have profiles mean more to users.

Something like Grailed100 won't really be feasible until after the project is established and is funded/making money like Grailed is. After all, I'm just a single full stack dev/designer atm.
>>
>>10939622
yeah, I completely understand that ,but its a cool thing to keep in mind if your site takes off! :)
>>
>>10937755
this

but would women even want to use it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.