[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some more brands like carhartt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

what are some more brands like carhartt?
>>
Dickies Wrangler Levis
>>
Supreme
>>
Duluth Trading Company
Woolrich
Filson
Barbour
>>
>>10932980
I wouldn't know since I'm not much of a Walmart shopper.
>>
>>10933144
your Walmart sells Carhartt? that's pretty cool; I have to go to Bass Pro Shops to even see their clothes in-store
>>
>>10933206
I mean, Bass Pro is so upscale that I can see how you'd think that's totally different.

Now I'm really curious how many hundreds of miles you are from the nearest Saks.
>>
>>10932980
good stuff man
>>
Pointer Brand
>>
>>10933221
Saks has shit selection
but about 200 miles
>>
>>10933221
hey now, bass pro shops is the only store where you can test shoot a wall of guns and look at cat fish while picking out polyester camo socks
>>
>>10933256
and go bowling
>>
>>10933266
and see if the tractor you want to buy can tow a power boat on the otherside of the store
>i actually like that store
>mostly because it's in rancho cucamonga
>>
>>10933290
can't go there more often than once every 6 months
but it kills an afternoon
honestly, why would I pay retail for a leatherman when I can buy one on eBay, ruin it, send it in, and get a new one for free
>>
File: Pike_Brothers_0105_ID_850.jpg (478KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pike_Brothers_0105_ID_850.jpg
478KB, 720x720px
>>10932980
Pike Brothers
their stuff is a bit high priced though
>>
>>10933296
no idea, idk how they even stay in business to be honest.

everything they sell hasa fucking lifetime warranty on it

guns included
>>
pointer brand
>>
i have a few pointer brand items. theyre ok, not great. what bothers me about pointer brand is that a few short years ago, their canvas chore jackets were like $85. made in the usa. pretty good value. the website was pretty basic, very ma-and-pa looking, catering to midwestern type folks and farmers.

then, suddenly, when the american workwear meme took off, they totally re-designed their website, made it super hipster friendly with young guys in beards, raw denim and red wings and tats everywhere. and those same jackets went from $85 to $130. shameful.
>>
>>10933430
dude if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing
they deserve their year in the spotlight cuz when it's over, it's over
>>
>>10933430
> hipster friendly with young guys in beards, raw denim and red wings and tats everywhere

that's how you market to millennials literally every brand ever is doing this

the brand of cheese that has hipsters in their commercials
>>
>>10933430
that and manufacturing things in America does get more expensive year in and year out; I've even seen public apologies from brands saying "we have to raise prices or we can't stay in business. we won't compromise on our integrity by moving jobs overseas, and if you want to shop elsewhere, go right ahead"
I doubt their prices are gonna go down even if they lose popularity
>>
>>10933443
Timberland made a HUGE advertising change when the "heritage" shit started up
I bet Folgers is gonna do the same thing this year.....if they don't they're stupid; it obviously fucking sells
>>
>>10933454
this generation is the dumbest yet, you're having "crowd funding websites" basically investing for no return

people buying literally anything covered in chalkboard paint and labeled artisinal

like they don't even think, they just consume and pay whatever bill they're sent.

seriously craft beer is the new cocaine to these idiots
>>
>>10933464
Have you read this article? I think you'd like it. Kinda pretentious but makes some good points

http://carles.buzz/the-contemporary-conformist/

>The Contemporary Conformist wants to distance themselves from a ‘suburban existence.’ This requires investing in ‘nicer’ clothes than the Old Navy/Ross shit meant to cover the tummies of fatties.
Plaid. Gingham. Denim. ‘Chambray.’ Shirts with subtle stripes.
Contemporary Conformists wear loud neutrals to try to shock you with their naturalism.
The contemporary conformist ‘pays’ to look like they are not trying. Their look attempts to cloak dependence on technology, low-paid service industries, and sweatshoppes to make things affordable
>>
>>10933870
you need to read this New Yorker article about men's fashion
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/its-raining-menswear
>>
>>10933889
>For many men, it was more appealing to dress like Steve McQueen than to dress like a frat guy. That wasn’t just because McQueen looked better. It was because the culture of the frat guy was so clearly the product of marketing; he was, ultimately, a creature of the mall.

Seems like the main idea of these articles is the same: suburban middle class kids try to dress urban/rural/traditional as a reaction against the obviously unfashionable mainstream suburban style. Same idea applies for kids who dress in thrift store Mac Demarco slacker shit, kids who dress in "avante-garde" rick owens futuristic shit, as well as the metrosexual #menswear fags
>>
>>10934028
wasn't mac demarco broke as fuck when he got picked up by captured tracks? thus the laidback outfit selections?
I started following him before he broke out (cuz I've been obsessed with Captured Tracks since 2010) so I never really understood his trajectory to the top of the indie festival circuit or the makeup of his fans
when I saw him at p4k last year the crowd knew every song; but they all seemed like typical suburban jack johnson / dmb fans....I still don't fully understand his appeal
that and it's weird to hear his music at HEB
>>
>>10934075
You gotta live in DUDE WEED LMAO land aka california's coast to understand it. His music is boring as shit but he's "chill" so its all good. Plus he looks like a bum which is very un-suburban; his fan base is 100% white suburban kids.
>>
>>10934094
that sucks it was better when they major hip hop nerds
>>
>>10934075
HEB plays mac?
wtf????
>>
>>10934629
Sharyland HEB plus did a few days ago
>>
>>10934094
>100% white suburban kids
I live in the UK and the people I know who listen to demarco don't fit this useless and overused demographical term

im usually no fan of this goofy/careless/safe indie but his music is fun
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 384x384px
Need help. Should I get Carhartt j141 or j140? Leaning more toward j141, pic related (I want mine in dark brown though). All opinions welcome
>>
File: 1446058871023.jpg (72KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446058871023.jpg
72KB, 700x700px
>>10935852
get it its good, Cargartt isnt as fashioanbel as 5 years ago but still my favorite brand. it has a fantastic looking industrial/clean cut look to it, it suity my persosnaly ver good its like a coco channel for men
>>
>>10936497
clash parka is a fucking cozy ass jacket man
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.