[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heading to Los Angeles next week. Where to fa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: map_of_los-angeles.jpg (72KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
map_of_los-angeles.jpg
72KB, 466x350px
Heading to Los Angeles next week.
Where to fa?
>>
>>10930491
>Heading to Los Angeles next week.
Me too, could use tips.
>>
>Barneys New York, The Groove?
>Acne Studios?
>Opening Ceremony?
>Revolve?
>>
>>10930496
wanna meet up? ;-)
>>
File: CHARLIE DUN SURF.jpg (153KB, 1254x635px) Image search: [Google]
CHARLIE DUN SURF.jpg
153KB, 1254x635px
>>10930491
Start at Santa Monica on Wilshire Blvd.

Start heading east, and visit anything and everything that looks remotely interesting.

If you've ever watched pic related, you'll quickly relate to the boat ride. You'll see pretty much everything that LA has to offer.
>>
http://www.kinfolk.com/city_guides/all/los-angeles-2/
http://5everyday.com/

Those two links are a good start.

Also, go to Wurstkuche, eat the fries. Go to Pie Hole, eat a pie, go to MAMA Gallery. Go to Barcade 82, order a "Wizard Mode".
>>
It depends.

If you're just looking for stores to visit, there's a pretty huge variety. H. Lorenzo and Maxfield are both stockists for a lot of interesting brands like Thamanyah, Lost & Found, The Soloist, Paul Harnden, stuff that it's usually hard to find in person. The Rick Owens store that opened up on La Brea is a super fun place to visit; the staff is extremely friendly and as I was told the first time I went, they have fun dressing people up, so don't be afraid to try on whatever. Union is a pretty nice place with lots of Japanese designers and up-and-coming labels and it's a little bit south of the RO store. Lots of cool small places on La Brea, great food too.

Downtown is pretty up-and-coming. Lots of cool restaurants and some mid-level stores, like Acne and APC. Not really my scene, though. The arts district is pretty fun to visit though, Angel City brewery is there and I know a lot of people who like it.

If you want to see a mix of obvious tourists and new money fuccbois you can go to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. I go there to take photos because it's a super weird mix of people.

As far as general experiences go, Santa Monica and the pier are pretty fun and LACMA is a solid museum and free if you just want to check out the grounds and the tar pits. Some people seem to like The Grove which is a big outdoor shopping complex. If you want suggestions for food look at Jonathan Gold's recommendations around the city. It's fun to visit shops on trips, I picked up a CCP leather at the Archive in SF last week after going in just to check it out on a long lunch.
>>
>>10930491
>>10930496
UCLA here

You can skip Westwood Village.

I'd recommend the Third Street promenade in Santa Monica

Go to Disney Hall, it's cool.

UCLA is worth a visit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.