[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair loss thread? Hair loss thread. Pic related. Been on Finasteride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: propecia .jpg (31KB, 620x662px) Image search: [Google]
propecia .jpg
31KB, 620x662px
Hair loss thread?
Hair loss thread.

Pic related. Been on Finasteride (Propecia) for about 2 months now. Noticing a lot less shedding and possible regrowth on my hairline.
>>
I used rogaine + nizoral shampoo.

I can't tell if its still receding further or if it stopped. My hair definitely grows a lot faster overall though.
>>
Any sides?

By the way how severe is shedding when a guy is balding? I'm losing some hair here and there but not sure if it's because I'm balding or not. Like do you lose chunks of hair when showering or only a few?
>>
>>10929176
So far, I MAYBE feel a little less horny than I used to but it might just be in my head. I have no problems getting boners or whatever.

It depends really. About a year ago I notice that I would find my hair like everywhere (on my MacBook after doing work, textbooks, etc). Then a few months back my roommate put a hair catcher in our shower, and one time after shower I saw a shit load of my hair there (Like 60+ strands of hair). I got on Finasteride like 2 weeks later. But it's also important to remember that the average person loses like 50-100 hairs a day.

So I guess the main thing you should look out for is:

Finding lots of hair in the shower (like up to 15 hairs is normal, more than that should be concerning)
Lots of hair on your pillow after waking up (like 5+)
Hair all over places you are frequently (car, desk, etc)
>>
Been on fin for 5 months and hair is back to about 70% of what it was. Crown still a bit thin but hoping for more regrowth there in the future. My hairline which was pushing nw2 is almost back to nw1. No sides.

Fin is essential imo for men who want to age gracefully.
>>
>>10929208
Awesome dude! Happy to hear about your success. When did you first start seeing results? Did you shed a lot? If not how much are you shedding a day?
>>
Is it safe to buy from online "pharmacies" that don't require prescription?
>>
>>10929240
Went through a hugeee shed for the first month and a half, like I'm talking every time I ran a comb through my hair it was like 20-30 hairs. Its worth noting I started minoxidil at the same time which also has a shed. Started seeing visual results about 3.5 months in but the shedding slowed down around month 2. I still shed a bit maybe 5-10 hairs in the shower and 5-6 when I comb my hair at night but honestly thats pretty normal.

My advice is that these things take a while to work so you have to be reallllly patient, and things will get worse before they get better its just the nature of the treatments.
>>
>>10929288
Personally I don't have any experience with it, but it's always better to get a prescription, especially if you live in the US. Finasteride is apart of Target/Walmart's "Cheap Generics List" so you can get 30 5 mg Fin tabs for $9.
>>10929474
Thanks for replying! I can't even tell if I'm still "shedding." I lose like 10 hairs in the shower, like 3 hairs on my pillow, and maybe 50 hairs or so during the day.
>>
I've always had a shitty hairline and thin hair, but havnt really started thinning at the back yet (23).

Looking to get on Finasteride (aware of possible side effects and have been considering for almost a year now.)

There seems to be a lot of talk of 'shedding' in this thread. Is this something that got worse after initially starting on Fin? or is it just continuation of what was happening before. I would not say that I am 'shedding', yeah, I notice hairs around, but not in any massive way. Should I expect it to be an initial side effect of Fin?
>>
>>10930152
Some people shed on Fin while some don't. I think a lot of times what happens is people start Fin and Rogaine at the same time (Rogaine causes a shed) and blame it on Fin. I personally shedded the same I was pre Fin once I started Fin for about a month and a half. But now the last few weeks I have been shedding a lot less.
>>
>>10929127
>>10929208

Are you taking other meds with it because propecia isnt meant to actually cause regrowth but just causes loss.

Also when do you planning on going off it? Was thinking around mid 30s although it kind of seems like the male equivilent of women who just go slack and get fat.
>>
My doc just prescribed me propecia and said that my insurance would cover the full price of it.

Went to the pharmacist and she said that it's classified as a drug, and my insurance doesn't cover drugs.

Is proscar technically a drug? Maybe my doctor could prescribe me that since it is for a real health problem, so maybe it's not technically a drug?

Anyone have any advice? thanks!
>>
Stop being in denial. You're balding and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Shave your head. Wear a beanie. Become known as The Guy Who Wears Beanies. That's your only hope. Accept your fate.
>>
>>10930756
Asprin is a drug as is paracetamol does drug have a special definition in your country?
>>
>>10930763
>Stop being in denial.

There is no denial, otherwise no one would use the meds in the first place.

>You're balding and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Propecia literally stops it.
>>
>>10929600
When I started loosing my hair at 19 fin was slightly more expensive than $100 for 30 pills (live in Sweden). Couldn't afford it, so now I'm bald (24 yo atm). I envy your cheap fin...
>>
>>10930766
weird she literally said "drugs are not covered"

i just found a pdf that says that proscar 5mg is covered by my insurance

so I will call my doc tomorrow and ask her to switch it to proscar and ill just get a pill cutter.

I am so anxious to start finasteride, like im only 18 and my hair is getting pretty bad and it's really fucking with my self esteem and self image. My hair is like the most important thing for my looks because I have a big forehead, so without hair I am fucked, I'd probably kill myself.
>>
>>10930785
It doesn't stop it. It just slows it a little bit for certain people. It's not a miracle drug and I feel sorry for you if you still believe these quick fixes. If all you had to do to stop baldness is pop a pill everyone would be doing it.
>>
File: propecia-02.jpg (30KB, 489x373px) Image search: [Google]
propecia-02.jpg
30KB, 489x373px
>>10930904
>It doesn't stop it. It just slows it a little bit for certain people

>t 12 months, 58% of men in the placebo group had further hair loss (defined as any decrease in hair count from baseline), compared with 14% of men treated with Propecia. In men treated for up to 2 years, 72% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 17% of men treated with Propecia. At 5 years, 100% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 35% of men treated with Propecia.

Far from a a little bit it slows it down substantially in about 70-80% of people

>It's not a miracle drug and I feel sorry for you if you still believe these quick fixes.

Its not a quick fix or a miracle drug its something that only prevents further loss and not only that what loss it did prevent will come back the moment you stop taking it.

>If all you had to do to stop baldness is pop a pill everyone would be doing it.

Daily aspirin prevents heart problems yet people dont do that. Combine that with reluctance to seek meds as well as the general myths going around its not that suprising.

>I feel sorry for you

Feel sorry for all the young people who went bald unnecessarily
>>
guys who are taking propecia
are you on 1mg or 5mg broken into fifths?
the 5mg are so fucking tiny breaking them up is so awkward
>>
>>10931600
1 mg
>>
If im not really experiencing hair loss will rogaine Fuck me up? I want my hair to grow faster and castor oil didn't work
>>
>>10931600
I use 5 mg and break them up into 4ths. Just get a pill cutter they're like $3 lol.
>>10931701
Do you actually have hair loss or have no hair loss and want your hair to grow faster?
>>
>>10931701

rogaine will eventually make your follicles reliant on rogaine to survive... also look up rogaine and collagen loss. why the fuck would you want to take something that can potentially rapidly age you just so your hair can grow a tiny bit faster?
>>
File: 1454041712996.jpg (333KB, 1711x893px) Image search: [Google]
1454041712996.jpg
333KB, 1711x893px
I've been on fin for 11 months. Hard to really tell if its helping since i didn't take before pics. At worst, it has slowed the loss down.

Sides: occasional muscle twitches that can last all day long, getting constantly jolted awake when i try to fall asleep, possible mental fog and fatigue

I kind of want to just shave it off and forget about it, but my hair is a big part of my aesthetics :(
>>
>>10931836
Did you notice a decrease in shedding at all?
>>
Just got my prescription, should I any cream or special shampoo to help it?
>>
>>10932144
Use Nizoral twice a week
>>
>>10930735
>propecia isnt meant to actually cause regrowth but just causes loss

Literally what?
>>
>>10931836
>I kind of want to just shave it off and forget about it, but my hair is a big part of my aesthetics :(

I feel for you, maybe try and write down all the pro's and cons and then decide. Ultimately it is important that you feel satisfied. With or without hair.
>>
Should I get a tight haircut before starting this so that my shedding phase isn't so noticeable?
>>
>>10930735
>propecia isnt meant to actually cause regrowth but just causes loss.

I'll assume thats a typo. Yeah its not meant to cause regrowth alone. When combined though, finasteride and minoxidil have a synergistic effect. Fin stops DHT from destroying follicles while min regrows and strengthens follicles. These follicles would otherwise be 'swimming against the current' so to speak, with just min. I'm using it with kirkland minoxidil 5% and nizoral occasionally.
>>
PSA
S
A

If your insurance won't cover 1mg finasteride get your doctor to prescribe 5mg generic proscar, and cut it into quarters. You don't need insurance for this and it will be $10-20 every three months.

Not shilling but you can go to goodrx.com and they list and have coupons for finasteride at a pharmacy near you (sorry if that sounds like an advertisement, the coupons are free though).
>>
>>10933630
If you can pull off the look, sure.
>>
how does a 3 way anti-hair loss regimin of finasteride, rogaine, and nizoral shampoo sound?
>>
>>10933853
That honestly the best stuff available that is FDA approved for hair loss. Although I recommend if your hair loss is still fairly minor (aka like a Norwood 2 with slight crown thinning) to just try Finasteride and Nizoral for a year before adding Rogaine. Since you might be able to get the results you want with just those.
>>
>>10930904
yep. check archives for zachipster. he was always going on and on abot how great fin was. then he lost all his hair anyway hahah
>>
>>10933986
what about dutasteride? shouldn't I just go to the strongest there is?
>>
Do you guys think that Brad shut down harajuju because he was balding hard and couldn't come to terms with wearing a wig anymore?

None of these medicines work!
>>
>>10934017
It's not FDA approved for hair loss, costs a shit load, and the sides are way more severe than Fin if you get them. Like I said, Fin might be able to do everything you need. Save Dut for when your hair loss gets more aggressive.
>>
>>10934016
Link?
>>
>>10934099
dutasteride is way more effective though
>>
bump. anyone else have a widows peak that's starting to thin? I don't care about the sides so much but the front is really getting to me. Would fin help?
>>
How difficult is it to get a fin script? I'm kind of concerned because I'm only 20 and I'm on my university's health insurance (USA)
>>
>>10934570

I buy mine online without a script, but it should be pretty easy if you go to an actual dermatologist.

GP's are hit and miss. Mine literally had to google finasteride when i brought it up to her, and she didn't even end up prescribing it to me because she skimmed over some studies and suggesting it increases prostate cancer risk (it doesnt)
>>
>>10931836
yeah same. I quit because I was tired constantly and couldnt sleep. I also just looked a lot worse (stored a lot of fat in my hips and chest and had no muscle definition). The worst was teh brain fog. I couldnt remember what I had for breakfast some days or study at all. One day I had trouble getting a boner and I NOPED the fuck out and stopped taking it. The ED was the only thing I knew about back then I didnt know any of the other things were sides until after I quit so I wasnt imagining them I genuinely felt a lot worse. Now I just do rogaine and I feel it does fine.
>>
>tfw widows peak and receding hairline made me look like vegeta
>>
>>10934570
Ez pz, tell them it's affecting your self confidence. "I don't want to go out with friends", "when i do go out i see myself in the shop windows and seeing how my hair looks makes me wanna go back home", "it's the only thing i notice when I'm hetting ready to go out". Don't come across as depressed though, cause therapy/anti-depressants
>>
Anybody tried not masturbating for a long time?
>>
>>10930831
I'm from the UK, so I don't really know what the situation is regarding health insurance and drugs, etc I'm guessing in America?

But if you can't get it for free, I recommend ordering it online. You can get generic finasteride dirt cheap from places like inhousepharmacy. Think I got 400 tablets for something like £150.

I hope everything goes alright and good luck!
>>
>>10931836
Savannah is the ultimate cutie
>>
>>10929127
how much mgrams per day?
>>
>>10935554
Been on it for two weeks and for the last week I've been tired as fuck the whole day.

Could be a million reasons for this so I'm not sure i can blame it on the finasteride yet. Pretty sure I'd end up depressed as fuck if i were to quit now and have to worry about my hair falling out again instead of waiting for it to get better
>>
>>10930831
That's for another disorder proscar won't be covered for hair loss
>>
proscar 5mg cut into 5 pieces: do not recommend. this gave me minor gyno.

taking generic finasteride 1mg cut into half now every other day and it's working. i recommend everyone doing the same to start out to prevent gyno development.

in my 2 years of taking it i haven't gotten one symptom of ED. i can get hard on demand and still jerk off every other day.

>>10934570
get it from inhouse pharmacy. you can get a 6 month supply for like $50 usd.
>>
>>10935881
Yeah I mean give it a bit more time. I couldn't take it. I needed my brain I'm in grad school and i love my body I put a lot of work into it and seeing it become all soft was just too much. I'd rather be a hard dude losing his hair. But its not for everyone I wish I could have kept it with no sides Id just rather not go back on the stuff but good luck dude
>>
>>10935988
Yeah thanks, it's gonna take a lot for me to decide to get off it, but today i've not felt awake for a single moment and I've slept for 8 hours so it's pretty weird.

Fuck I'm 19 and already dealing with this bullshit, been on accutane as well.. Shit genes i guess
>>
Anyone have experience with taking daily biotin? I know it doesn't regrow hair but I've heard it strengthens what you have. (Also helps your nails) it's also extremely cheap and easy to take
>>
>>10935920

How have our results been? I'm thinning on the sides and my widows peak is getting thing. Almost at a nw 2.
>>
>>10936447
im going to start on it snce I have metal hair and I want it longer. I have no baldness at all I just want length.
>>
Used finasteride for 4 days but got scared of sides. Currently on nizoral and topical spironoloctone. Topical spiro actually works surprisingly good, not any regrowth, but after using it for a year with nizoral I dont see any change in my hair, it has kind of stabilized.
>>
>>10936447
I've tried it and it gave me more acne
>>
Tried Proscar. Easy to get, doctor in the family. Took it for two weeks. Insta boner killer. Fucked my shit up for months after. Luckily it wasn't permanent. Not worth it imo.
>>
what is the doctor i should see for this treatment?

endochrinologyst?

I'm 31 btw, long hair
>>
>>10939104
dermatologist

Are you balding? At what age did you start balding?
>>
>>10935808
where can I find more of her?
>>
File: 806790-jinn6.jpg (21KB, 448x418px) Image search: [Google]
806790-jinn6.jpg
21KB, 448x418px
>>10939125
I've gone to a dermatologist and he said that he couldn't prescribe hormonal drugs

my mother family is, but father isn't

I can say I'm pretty good for 31

hairline not like the guy in the picture yet
>>
File: CZsP8fmWYAMfAXb.jpg (37KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
CZsP8fmWYAMfAXb.jpg
37KB, 600x593px
THANKS
RATO
>>
>>10939212
>guy
That's qui gon gin mother fucker. And he has a very particular set of skills.
>>
>>10938673
this
>>
File: 20160210_170148.jpg (567KB, 1080x1462px) Image search: [Google]
20160210_170148.jpg
567KB, 1080x1462px
>>10936203
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
Should finasteride grow back my hairline? Or mixodil? I am just 20 and I don't wanna have to deal with pills and shit and I am contemplating suicide
>>
>>10941012
fin will let you keep what you have and permit growth too, seldom does it regrow lost hair.
>>
>>10941012
might be too late...
>>
Does Finasteride regrow your hair or simply keep what you have left?
>>
I'm 24 and I'll probably be bald by 26 or 27. This is going to fucking suck.
>>
File: tom brady.png (111KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
tom brady.png
111KB, 350x254px
>>10941012
>>10941496
look into a transplant.
brady got one and it looks good
>>
>>10941534
how sure are you of this?
>>
File: 2002tombrady.jpg (80KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2002tombrady.jpg
80KB, 960x540px
>>10941565
pretty big rumor.
>>
File: elon-musk-hair-transplant.jpg (46KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-hair-transplant.jpg
46KB, 600x351px
I just need dat money
>>
File: image.jpg (1006KB, 2627x1496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1006KB, 2627x1496px
My hair thinned completely in less than 3 months after my brother passed away, I've heard emotional shock can cause the hair to thin but I doubt it's that since my hairline is kinda receding too. I just buzz it now but thinking of letting it grow to see how bad it got. It grows fast as fuck though, I buzzed it 2 weeks ago and it's like this now. Getting bloodwork done this weekend to see if anything is wrong with my thyroids since my mom takes meds for that too.
>>
File: bully fa.jpg (70KB, 620x402px) Image search: [Google]
bully fa.jpg
70KB, 620x402px
Anyone has the Zach Hipster progress pics?
>>
>>10942650
You just have TE, chill
>>
File: 1358067232707 (1).gif (570KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1358067232707 (1).gif
570KB, 500x300px
>>10942658
mfw i recently copped this game
>>
>>10939149
https://www.youtube.com/user/savanamazing
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.