[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this whole board is about buying shit. Where do I start actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So this whole board is about buying shit. Where do I start actually learning about fashion and getting a better picture of what this art form is about?
>>
>He expects more from a fucking 4chan board

I dunno, look into Steve McQueen's work? That Savage Beauty exhibit was bretty gud
>>
File: 1408655939915.jpg (315KB, 929x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1408655939915.jpg
315KB, 929x1781px
>>10916138
Inspiration threads.
If you can't find one, make one.
Post what you think looks good and we'll post what we think looks good and we'll judge each other harshly for it.

I'd suggest trying to find a favourite item of clothing (shoes, a jacket, a coat) and then Google'ing that style. For instance, you could like Guidi 988's and so you'd Google Guidi Inspo and go from there.

Also, look at random things on Grailed.
>>
>>10916165
Furthermore, where do you live, OP?
>>
>>10916160
/g/ kinda strikes a good balance between the craft itself and buying shit. I'd just like to see more of that from /fa/. A lot of people here are pretty much negative nihilists that don't care about anything besides getting compliments. Fashion can be more than an alternative to collecting amiibos.
>>
>>10916179
The deep south. It's not easy.
>>
i made a thread asking for books that give histories/analysis of fashion but nobody really cares too much
>>
>>10916205
/fa/ is just /b/ with clothing. I found the Hypebeast forums more educational.
>>
You dont need to go to fashion school, you go to clothes.
>>
>>10916165
This has been my experience, plus >>10916160. Goddamn I love him. Try CCP, Yohji for the ultimate in moving silhouette, etc.

Basically, just watch fashion shows and designer interviews on YouTube. Pick and choose through blogs. Same way you learn anything in the age of the Internet.

>>10916205
I saw that thread. I wish I knew some, man, I'm sorry.

There have been a few good threads recently. The suit/formalwear was good, as was the lunarcore.
>>
>>10916138
If you're interested in fashion, go somewhere else. I would have posted the forum list but all the archives have been decimated. Short version: sufu, sz, c-t, rdt, nwvn.

>>10916260
... hey, I know that phrasing
>>
>>10916345
gonna keep lurking around anyway. find lots of general tips and brands/stores/styles I've no idea about, and I even find it interesting when people talk about stuff I don't like. Will still keep an eye out for more educational stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.