[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buy my wardrobe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: jcrew-henley1.jpg (27KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
jcrew-henley1.jpg
27KB, 418x418px
I have 1000 bucks to spend

I need atleast an outfit for everyday of the week + sleepwear and shoes (1 or 2 pairs)

I like what Jcrew has to offer, I need high prep /fa/gs

I'm 6' 3" and about the same build as dude in pic related
>>
I like dress casual
>>
No help going my way? Damn, I thought you guys where /fa/shion gods
>>
/fa/ is a slow board you dickbutt.
This is not /b/ here you wait and in the course of the day/week get answers.
>>
>>10915807
Do you have to buy everything in one sitting, right now, in bulk?
That's a good way to get shit you won't like, that won't fit quite right, and that you won't enjoy.

2 questions:
>what are you dressing for? what are your usual activities?
>colors. which ones look best on you?
>>
>>10915847

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I was a /b/ tard for awhile and then went to /fit/ and now I'm bouncing between /fa/ and /fit/, I've abandoned /b/.

I look good in greys and reds. Also Brown leathers etc. Ill post pics of me
>>
>>
I don't have snakebites anymore, and I usually keep to a skin fade haircut up to top length
>>
Another one of me, high contrast and gay as fuck with a gay t-shirt. I want to look affluent damnit,

Also, got rid of all blonde and I keep to my natural hair color
>>
swag/fa/g past
>>
Another

Not necessarily looking for a personal shopping army, more of a good opinion on what I would look good w/ style wise, and what I can afford under 1000 USD that will fill my wardrobe.

If you have time to critique, I appreciate it.
>>
>>10915847

I would prefer to get it all at once because I would rather not look like a scrub for months on end trying to do this.

I have no clothes, all of them are tacky....
>>
>>10915881
Greys are much better on you than reds.

You still haven't said wtf you're dressing for, do you need sweats or jeans are ok? You're always in short sleeves in the pics, what climate are we talking about? Do you need a good warm coat?
>>
>>10915938

I live in Utah, we have the best of both worlds. Preferably something like light long sleeves and light sweatshirts/hoodies/insert designer name here <<< Maybe one thick coat? I like the fur around the edges on the hood. Jeans are great, as well as chinos and 770 fit. I can do anything from loafers to crocks, just classy, no nike or swagfag tier shit.
>>
if I were you I'd spend around 500-600 on uniqlo for jeans, chinos, shirts, t-shirts and sweaters
then with the remaining stuff buy 2 pair of shoes and a nice jacket
>>
>>10915944
Google says your temperatures range from 30 C to barely under freezing, with high humidity.
It looks like what we have here where I live, but with more rain.

Sorry, but just say no to the fur on the coat, that's for cold/arid climates, with high humidity it will clump. OTOH, you can grab a meme woolen coat. Just don't fall for the brands or the memes.

You want to look affluent, and have 30 degrees in summer - how do you feel about linen? do you suffer the summer heat, or it's not that bad?

Anyway, start from the shoes. Some good boots (you have rainy winters) and lighter summer shoes (sneakers? you get rainy summers, maybe lighter leather shoes?)
>>
>>10915988

Makes sense about the fur, and can you compare linen to another fabric? I'm sorry, I've been cotton and polyester my whole life. And I'm okay in the summers, I adjust to temperature very well. I like the leather shoe idea, I'm not a sneakers fan.

>>10915984

Uniqlo? I'll check it out.
>>
>>10916002
No. I'll compare linen to ice cream. It's fluffy, delicious soft serve, that will keep you cool in the hotter months. It wrinkles so fast it's usually worn wrinkled, and it's less dressy, more expensive, and less common than cotton. It's great to make button ups less stuffy, and I'm biased because I get hot as fuck, it's a personal favorite.

For shoes and boots, first find out what's available where you live. Maybe you can find some nice production seconds, some local shoemaker, or ebay deals.
Like the coat, real leather shoes are built to last, so try to keep them boring and versatile, lace up dress boots, and maybe suede for the summer? but that won't last as long as leather, nowhere near.
>>
>>10916059

Any good linen dealers? I'm fiending for dat linen
>>
>>10916059

Are there cobblers still? Would it be easier to find a person online who does this? Or locally..
>>
File: 22.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>10916059

And with linen, does that only apply to shirts (short-sleeve/long-sleeve) and light jackets? Or should I buy all linen. What about pants fabrics? I really enjoy chino 770 fit that jcrew offers. Is this a good buy? Also, what goes good with linen fabrics, I'm thinking of going with the simple linen styles such as henly's or Oxford Jackets. Heavy coats suggestions anon??
>>
>>10916155

So far, from this... I have gathered

Tailored Leather Shoes that are authentic
Linen fabrics based on my location
I should get greys and faded colors

What else?
>>
>>10915984

Uniqlo doesn't have that wide of a chino selection and most of the items seem tacky.
>>
>>10915845
not at all
>>
>>10916163
Read the sticky and find out about the basics. Trust me, you'll be just as uninformed on clothing but wearing things you know nothing about. Secondly, you should get your measurements done, it'll save you a lot of pain in the future if you're ordering online as many brands have varying sizes.
>>
>>10916674
The sticky isn't working
>>
>>10916117
>>10916144
IDK, I live in Italy, here we still have shirt and shoe makers. No idea how the American market works, but you are bound to have better options than importing from Europe.

>>10916155
Pants are better in a linen mix (cotton/linen), unless we're talking about tropical summers, wrinkly pants aren't for everyone.
In shirts, you can go for long sleeves, the fabric will keep you cooler than short sleeves. If you can find linen henleys, cool, but it's not a very common fabric, you'll find mostly button-ups.
For heavy coats, personally I go for milsurp with good materials, but again - Europe, we have a dozen different milsurps to choose from on our doorstep.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.