[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a general consensus on good skin care? One thing I noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: men-skin-care1.jpg (42KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
men-skin-care1.jpg
42KB, 425x282px
Is there a general consensus on good skin care? One thing I noticed with the gay kids in my town is that they have really nice skin. Is there some secret like I have to suck dick or something? The sticky is down so that's why I made this thread. I'm genuinely clueless.
>>
nobody?
>>
>>10909507
im a gay boy and i have acne :<<<
>>
how to not get razor bumps? get that shit seriously every time.. razor + electric shaver
>>
>>10909533

use shaving cream, shave slowly and carefully

also it can help to do it right before you go to bed if after you shave you wash your face with acne wash on all the areas where you shaved including the neck
>>
>>10909507
Depends on your skin. Sensitive skin: use a gentle cleanser and throw some moisturiser on after. If your skin is a bit more resilient you can use a hardier cleanser. Use a mask occasionally because they're awesome.

Also don't be a teenager
>>
>>10909564
What's an example of a good moisturizer? Or is it something you can't really go wrong with?
>>
File: sku_116281_1[1].jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sku_116281_1[1].jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>10909533

Got $30?

Good. Get yourself one of these
>pic related
and about five good blades from eBay.
add a Palmolive shave stick and a cheap lather brush.

Go read up/watch videos on how to shave with a DE (art of manliness has a really good, if corny, one)

most importantly, SHAVE WITH THE GRAIN. Don't shave against the grain/at a 45 degree angle to the grain until you have MASTERED shaving WITH THE GRAIN. I know it will be a little stubbly, but trust me, you don't know how to shave if you're getting razor bumps.
>>
>>10909507
Its all about the moisturizer mayne.

Clean your face with good face washes

use chemical exfoliants instead of physical ones (AHA/BHA/etc)

Drink lots of water and cut the soda out

swap your pillow case out (I dont even know if this works)

drink water

if your skin is still shit go to a derm thats what I did. As much as you clean your face, genetics can still play a huge roll in all of it.

also drink more water u fuck
>>
Does dairy make you guys break out? I'm bulking so I'm drinking like 1/2 gallon of milk everyday and I think it's making my acne more noticeable
>>
>>10909722
it does. I kicked all dairy except cheese
>>
>>10909751

Even cheese can fuck you up. I know it did for me.
>>
>>10909591
avene but its pricy
>>
>>10909591
sebamed is on the cheaper side but is also very good
>>
>>10909528
>acne
disgusting but lucky for you im gonna fuck you from behind
>>
>not wash face
>oily
>wash face
>oily
>apply moisturizer after washing face
>still oily

Holy shit i've spent hundreds of dollars trying not to get my face so oily as fuck. You can probably oil up a pan and fry an egg with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 227x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 227x300px
>>10911189
>hey anon are you a diamond
>no why
>your face is shining like one
>>
>>10909507
It's possible that they're wearing foundation / other make up.
>>
>>10909507
Semen makes the skin smoother.

I'm not making this up, it really is true. Specific acne detergent are a lot better though, of course.
>>
Wash face with water morning and night
Use cetaphil oil-control foam morning and night (cheap + lasts forever)

Use cetaphil dermacontrol moisturizing lotion SPF 30 in the morning after washing with water + foam.

At night moisturize face with jojoba oil (u can use on whole body / hair too)

IF ACNE: Go to your doctor or a dermatologist and get a prescription for something. I use Epiduo. It was 100 bucks, but you only need a tiny ass amount (pea size) for every use so it lasts forever. it made my skin dry as fuck and hurt for the first week, but with lotion + oil its fine.

The proactive shit you order on TV is garbage, and so is everything else non prescription. Also fuck people saying dairy or any other foods cause acne, they're full of shit.
>>
>>10909591
cerave or cetaphil (cetaphil tends to be greasy looking imo)
>>
Whats your guys opinion on accutane? thinking about giving it a shot
>>
Blackheads fucked up my pores.
Any way I can fix it? It's making me really anxious.
>>
Any recommendations for bacne? My face has always been clear, yet my back has always been bad.
>>
>>10912589
Stop using lotion, on your back at least.
Also stop wearing tight-fitting clothes, change your bed sheets every 7 days, try not wearing tops when going to bed.
>>
My skin is pretty clear currently, prior I used to have frequent zit/pimple breakouts (never got real acne).
My routine was
>After coming home, wash face with Noxzema
>Sit for 10-20 minutes with Noxzema on face
>Exfoliate Face with a sponge puff
>Let dry for an hour, make a light aspirin mask with 1-2 creamed tablets combo'd with another acne acid cream (to help stick on your face)
>go to bed with acne mask on, wake up, shower, use light noxema, go throughout day, repeat.
>>
>>10913312
forgot to mention to dap face with hot (as hot as you can stand it) prior to putting on Noxzema, and wash it off after exfoliating with cold water.
>>
>>10911872
I've been on it for 4 days now. 30 mg to start, for 6 months. they could increase my dosage.
no headaches or super dry mouth yet, feel a little more alert actually.
Drinking a lot more water than I usually do though, 4 glasses a day, which is a lot for me because I normally drink soda and Arizona Ice Tea frequently.

I have cetaphil and a 'hydrating coconut' jergens moisturizor easily accessible, as well as a basic oil-free face wash. I use them a lot I'm just noticing now, thinking about it.
>>
>>10911189
Do you drink enough water?
Is your hair naturally oily? It could be collecting in your scalp and going down from your face.
>>
>>10911189
Clay masks
>>
>>10909507
Oily skin all over.
Here's what I do

>exfoliate with mens Clinique face scrub
>wash with Mutenka
>Clinique clarifying lotion 3 toner
>spot treatment with bp(any bp will work, I use terminator 10)
>collagen face cloth for 15 minutes
>alpha hydrox lotion to fade scars (all over face)
>Biore Sarasara Watery Essence Sunscreen (all over face)

That's my regiment, sometimes I skip the collagen face cloth if I'm not going out. If it's bed time I'll skip the sunscreen and face cloth.
>>
Legit just eat healthily. Since I've cut out all shit food my skin is acne free. Exfoliating whilst showering also helps!
>>
>>10914009
This desu.

I use one of those pore tools about 5 minutes into a warm shower and lightly scrape the dead skin from my cheeks and nose. It's a good habit to build.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-01-00-29-08.png (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-01-00-29-08.png
447KB, 1080x1920px
What do you guys think about one of these? I've tried doctor recommended prescription shit and it always feels like I'm putting dangerous chemicals in my face. I'm not a huge fan and I never saw a real change in my acne.
>>
>>10913446
>drink enough water
Definitely no. I only drink whenever i ear, which is to say breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I'll start monitoring my water intake now.
>oily hair
LOLNO. I have a wavy af hair it'd be a god's gift to me if my hair was oily enough for a bit of shine.
>>
File: skin.jpg (16KB, 322x358px) Image search: [Google]
skin.jpg
16KB, 322x358px
>>10909507
I moisten my face and put Vaseline on at night. Exfoliate once in awhile and avoid excessive sun light. Pluck instead of shave every couple weeks.

Twenty-three and so far so good.

Oh and I rarely drink water. It fucks with my skin.
>>
>>10914009
Honestly I eat like crap a lot but so long as I get a lot of animal and plant fats ranging from ghee to palm oil (straight or nutella) I'm fine.
>>
>>10914224
>I rarely drink water. It fucks with my skin.

does not compute
>>
>>10914236
>>10914236
I can't say concretely why but drinking lots of water fucks with my skin a lot.

So instead I eat moisture rich foods like hummus, avocados, pastas, rice, etc... with large amounts of fat. But drinking more than a glass of water or two at the most is not great for my skin.

Never understood how people can drink a gallon or two a day and be fine.
>>
>>10909533
if you want to go all out, get yourself some pre-shave oil, good shaving cream (not foam or soap) and a safety razor like a merker. don't use electric and don't use gilette style razors, despite the fact that everyone else does. use your pre-shave oil and be careful, go with the grain and you should, SHOULD, end up without razor burn/

also if anyone is interested in skincare then go to the subreddit for it, can't go wrong wth it.

i think it's called r/skincareadvice and it gives recs on all products and how to use them properly.
>>
File: 25716011_0_640x640.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
25716011_0_640x640.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>10914262
homie you got it backwards. The first way that water cleanses your skin is it pushes all the fats and gross stuff out after about 1-2 weeks of excessive water intake. But in about a month of drinking a gallon or more a day your skin will be much much cleaner.
>>
>>10914297
Fat and oil is what keeps my skin in good condition.

Fat is not bad.

Tbh Africans generally have great akin when malnourishment isn't an issue, our skin is top tier.

Products that effect the pH of skin interrupts the acid mantle's processes as well as messes with the sebum of my skin. If it works for you than fine but for me exfoliation occasionally and Vaseline work well in conjunction with limited water drinking
>>10914224
>>
>>10914262

I guarantee your fucking liver is fucked.
>>
>>10914330
Nope! I get that checked regularly.

People lived and had beautiful son without drinking a gallon of water every day for thousands of years and the moisture I get from food is more than enough to support my bodies organs and natural processes.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.