[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a newbie to /fa/ and a poor student who's moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1448291720868[2].png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1448291720868[2].png
13KB, 418x359px
I'm a newbie to /fa/ and a poor student who's moving to a different city to study this fall. Every month, I will have 100-200 dollars to spend on clothes. What should I buy?

I'm well aware that there are "guides", but tuxbell is down and I need to buy clothes in an order of priority, since I won't be able to afford buying everything at once.
>>
What do you have right now? Obviously you're not naked.
>>
>>10908193
Just go to uniqlo (or h&m second choice) for all the basics. Dont buy stuff with prints.
>>
>>10908237

Three t-shirts; blue, black and white, jeans with a hole beneath the zipper, a good red parka for winter, a hideous unisex burgundy Hilfiger knit cap, two flannel shirts, two hoodies.
>>
thouroughly check your thrift shops regularly and look for high quality brand items.
>>
>>10908193
how are you a poor student and still have 100-200 dollars to spend on clothes every month??
>>
>>10908193
>Every month, I will have 100-200 dollars to spend on clothes. What should I buy?
Basic shit
If you have a wardrobe of basic stuff you like already save it for more expensive/interesting stuff you might like. If you have no idea what you like just lurk and save up until you have some idea or spend it to something else entirely.
>>
You already have a "basic" set. Get yourself some chinos, dump the jeans. If you still wanna buy jeans, buy some dark ones. Buy a bomber jocket or a cheap coat of some sort for fall/spring. Don't buy hoodies.
>>
>>10908193
good pants are the best thing to start with. I have no idea what kinda clothes you like tho so I cant really recommend a brand...
>>
>>10908458

Fancy clothes. I've been streetwear all my life and I want to dress to impress.
>>
>>10908297

I work part-time
>>
File: 1445121912325.png (69KB, 734x793px) Image search: [Google]
1445121912325.png
69KB, 734x793px
I'm assuming you also don't know what kind of look you want. You just have to keep looking for or collecting inspo you like and constantly reviewing your style by really thinking if you can pull it off or not.

I know I post this image all the time but it actually really does help. In your case, you have to know what you want exactly before you spend considering you don't have the money to experiment on what pieces go with what or if they even suit your shape. Also don't trend hop streetwear, hipster etc because you will soon realise how much money you waste.
>>
buy second hand high fashion from grailed so you can resell it and keep your money pooled in clothing

high fashion doesnt lose value unless you buy it brand new
>>
jesus ignore most of this "advice". if you are new to fashion then "brands" and "quality" don't mean shit. just buy clothes that arent hideous and that fit properly. save the rest for when you know what style you are after. dont buy second hand or internet shit until you know what you are doing
>>
>>10909670
This guy gets it
>>
>>10908193

Slazenger is very fa and affordable
>>
>>10908472
Jomers is a good budget option for trousers, but buying a pair is approaching Supreme difficulty.

Really, worry less about where you get your basics from, and be more concerned with getting them in the first place. By basics I mean jeans, button-downs, other trousers, etc. The only areas where you really should shell out some $$ are for coats, shoes, and suits.
>>
>>10909670
this
I'd tell you to lurk to get an idea of what kinds of clothes don't look horrifyingly bad but /fa/ hasn't been great as of late

just remember that fit is important, and try to match how dressy your tops and bottoms are. peacoat + runners = no
>>
Just buy all your basic shit at H&M (or equivalent).
95% of the people won't know the difference anyway.
Don't scrimp on shoes, though.
They are important, so invest your saved money in shoes.
>>
>>10908193
when the fuck are people going to realize /fa/ is not a self improvement or advice board like /fit/. this is for insecure teenager shitposting. nobody here wants to give you advice, and whatever they do give is going to be shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.