[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posted about this in /adv/ but it 404d. Maybe not the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: nasty.jpg (605KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
nasty.jpg
605KB, 1000x667px
Posted about this in /adv/ but it 404d.

Maybe not the right board but are braces that big of a turnoff to most people? I had them twice as a kid for an underbite and I wasn't done growing so they shifted back. If I want it fixed I have to get them again, but I really fucking don't wanna do that. Braces are an instant turnoff for me but I want my teeth fixed.

So is it that big of a deal? I'm 18 btw
>>
>>10904199
get invisaligns if youre self conscious. But braces are my fetish t b h
>>
in 2-3 years you'll probably look back on yourself and think you don't look good anyway, at least you will have good teeth
>>
>>10904234
This, just start asap or you'll wish you had started 2 years from now. Most people don't care if you have braces.
>>10904223
Works in limited cases, can only fix smaller issues.
>>
>>10904223
they can't fix under/over bites they're more for straightening crooked teeth

>>10904234
>>10904254
That's sorta what I was thinking. I'd rather get it over with asap but it still fucking sucks that I'll have them for a third time
>>
Look at it like this. You can become slightly more ugly for two years and years and play life on hard mode (at least when it comes to women). Then when you take them off you'll look so much better it will feel amazing.
>>
>>10904283
I'm kinda scrawny right now too so I guess I could use the time to get in better shape and grow my hair out and stuff
>>
Nobody judges people for wearing braces , i had them and now have great smile , sure you will feel insecure for like two weeks at most , but you have to be retarded to forever have fucked up teeth
>>
make sure you wear your retainers after, i would honestly recommend asking for a permanent bottom retainer

my orthodontist made a terrible mold for my retainers and they never really fit well, so i stopped wearing them, and my bottoms are fucked again

i'll get invisalign in a few years
>>
>>10904683
Tip, wear them all the time. They're so easy to take off and put back on that I got lazy with it (would take off and put back on a few hours later when going out to eat/movies etc) and it extended my time in needing to wear them for quite a bit, don't really regret it but it's better to get it over as soon as possible. And I say take out because it's uncomfortable to eat with them, some people do but most don't, you're supposed to take them off eat then brush your teeth and put them back on a ASAP
>>
>>10904271
They actually can fix underbite, it just involves breaking your jaw and doing the healing process with braces
>>
>>10904271
>they can't fix under/over bites
Yes they can, they attach rubber bands to the braces.
>>
>>10906336
>>10906344
my dentist said they cant so I was just basing it off that
>>
>>10906336
>>10906344
isn't this for traditional, metal braces?
i had this done for my braces

i think this anon >>10906538 was speaking about invisalign
>>
Braces was a big turnon for me. Until i got them myself...
>>
21 yo here. I'm gettin braces next week for 6 months, i wish i had done that before :(
>>
>>10906560
Yeah I meant invisalign. I really wish they could fix it but oh well. About three years ago my ortho said that if my teeth shift back from me growing it'd only take about six months to fix.

>>10906759
I'm a skinny white dude I'll just look like a fucking neet lol
>>
I don't understand how braces can be turn off. Someone is doing something to improve themselves and it's turn off? How superficial are you?
>>
Who gives a shit dumb fuck, are you 12 ? Who the fuck would hesitate ? Having good and aligned teeths or looking slightly less better for one or two years, if not less (and again, it's implying that you're around very insecure and judgmental people that give a shit about what's inside your mouth).

Grow the fuck up. Jesus christ.
>>
i got mine about 7 months ago and people that i speak to on a daily basis sometimes even now ask me "holy shit you have braces?"

after a while people just don't notice them man
>>
>>10907999
Well I'm not disgusted by them I just don't like how they look. And did you expect people to not be superficial on 4chan?

>>10908005
Ok
>>
>>10908025
It's mostly that it'll be the third fucking time having them in ten years, and I don't know how long I'll need them this time. I'll still probably get them, I'm just bitching about it
>>
>>10904271
My sister has over bite and uses invisligns
>>
>>10908075
You're a little fucking pussy ass bitch. Accept that fact.
>>
>>10908101
Never said I'm not ya fucking twat

You seem like an arrogant little cunt
>>
>>10908005
>>10908101
Also
>slightly less better
And IM the dumb fuck? Lmfao
>>
>>10904199
They might be a turn off for some people, but not as much of a turnoff as terrible teeth.
>>
>>10904199
19 turnede 20 here, OP. I just got braces again because they shifted back again as well, but lemme tell you: man the fuck up and get them again. they're not bad if you're not bad -- they do nothing for or against you, and they're visual proof that you're trying to improve yourself. if anyone judges you for braces, they're dicks. in addition, they make you seem a bit younger, which is never a bad thing. and wear your fucking retainers this time around once you finish with the braces, I regret not doing it and so should you.
>>
I'm 21 and need braces really bad, got all my wisdom teeth removed just need the braces but stopped going to the dentist because he fucked up removing one tooth and I had to pay $800 to get it surgically removed, I'll probably go to another for the braces.

It's pretty shitty because I'm actually a pretty happy guy but rarely smile because I'm insecure as shit about my teeth. People think I'm angry all the time but in reality I'm just insecure, fuck I really need to fix this shit.
>>
>>10908415
forgot to mention -- if you live near the border with Mexico, I absolutely advise crossing over for literally anything medical/dental/etc.
They'll do the same quality job and for much, MUCH cheaper. they also accept most insurances.
>>
>>10904199
suck it up, wear them, fix the underbite and enjpy life with a proper jawline. its not like you're gonna wear them for the rest of your life. if anything, people and girls will assume you take care of yourself by wearing them.
>>
>>10904199
I got braces few moths ago and Im 18 too. Feels like the two years of braces is not a huge investment for beautiful smile. Also there are white braces, so people won probably even notice
>>
>>10908415
I'm definitely gonna wear my retainers this time.

>>10908484
Yeah, good point. If I get them it'll only be for a little while and if I don't I'll have shitty teeth for the rest of my life
>>
>>10908433
oh my god that is exactly me
>>
>>10908433
>going to the dentist for braces
its called orthodontist you fucking plen
>>
>>10904199
I was just considering this.I'm 19 and had braces when i was 12 for an overbite,which is coming back, and my teeth close in such an awkward position now, that when i bite down my bottom teeth keep chipping the edges of my front teeth off and now my front two teeth are cracked and have uneven edges.

having an underbite can really fuck your teeth up. can't you get invisalign?
>>
>>10904199
do it meng, having straight, well aligned teeth is a far bigger plus than having braces is a minus
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.