[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /fa/, I avoided purchasing a suit for 26 years because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: olga-kurylenko-nude-09.jpg (46KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
olga-kurylenko-nude-09.jpg
46KB, 351x500px
Dear /fa/,

I avoided purchasing a suit for 26 years because suits are expensive and high quality suits are outrageously expensive. I live by the saying, a poor man pays twice so I waited until my finances would allow for outrageously expensive. But time has run out, I must attend a wedding in 20 days. That's not much time, so I turn to you.

I can afford 500$ without going hungry, but for a piece of shit I refuse to spend more than 200. At most, I can move some funds around to come up with 1,500$ if for this price I can satisfy the poor man pays twice law. And I doubt any bespoke in NYC can be had for that much.

Save me /fa/,
Anon
>>
>>10901680
goodwill
>>
>>10901680
Cheapest tolerable-quality suits that are M2M right now are Modern Tailor. I fucking hate the company's shirts, but their suits are decent for whatever reason:

http://www.moderntailor.com/customsuits

$300 + shipping.

Get gray (VX42b) or navy (5058C), not their other ugly shit. Two-button, single-breasted, double-vented, no pleats, no pants cuffs, no fancy shit. GET A TAILOR TO MEASURE YOU - do not do it yourself, and emphasize the importance of accurate measurements. Hell, get them taken twice. Once you get the suit, get the tailor to look at it again and make small edits.

Get at least three dress shirts, but - I emphasize as much as I can - NOT FROM THERE. Cheap bullshit. If you can swing it, use the cash you saved to get good shit from Brooks Brothers and get it tailored.

Get ties from The Tie Bar. Cheap, decent, lots of variety.
>>
>>10901692
I'm more interested if anyone knows if I can get a bespoke suit in NYC for 1.5k. Otherwise, I'd purchase something off amazon prime and get it tailored for 15$ at a chinese dry cleaners -fair enough?
>>
You could rent a suit, y'know.
>>
>>10901680
>she will never dominate you
why even live
>>
>>10901680
Suitsupply is decent quality, okay prices.
>>
>>10901703
Your second option is best.
Even if you COULD find someone who could do it in NYC for that (and there's no chance), you're not going to get it done and get through multiple fittings in time for the wedding in 3 weeks.

A lot of "bespoke" tailors are now just fronts for some overseas shop that does all the work for them.

I use a guy here in Vancouver who uses an outfit in Hong Kong to make me shirts. Made to measure shirts are awesome, but I never expect to see them for at least 4-6 weeks.

You would do well to pick up something off the rack and get it properly altered/tailored.
>>
>>10902468
This.
>>
>>10901680
$100 should get you something slim at Zara. steam the fuck out of it and it should last the wedding man. will look better than some $500 mall shit at a department store made in china
>>
>>10902567
ah and assuming u arent a fat ass. if ur fat then nothing is going to look good anyway so just get something cheap and 2 button at good will
>>
Suitsupply nigga
>>
File: 96.png (132KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
96.png
132KB, 250x250px
>>10901680
>was in your case few months ago
>bought a h&m suit
>already had a dressy white shirt and formal shoes
>brought the suit to the tailor for adjustments
>bought a silk bow tie and handkerchief
>my fuckin face when everybody complimented a 100$ suit

tl;dr fit is key to a suit
>>
H&M and additional tailoring is your weapon of choice, also you won't spend more than 200
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.