[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For facial cleaning purposes to help get rid of acne and prevent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-391857493596777691.jpg (213KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-391857493596777691.jpg
213KB, 720x1280px
For facial cleaning purposes to help get rid of acne and prevent more from coming. Which of these would work better? Or are their better ones? I just bought cerave moisturiser too I'm trying to get a great facial routine going that won't make it worse. Thoughts?
>>
If you have mild acne then use the Neutrogena Acne wash

If you have terrible acne like me then start Accutane
>>
>>10900515
So the neutragena I posted is probably better? It has a lot more ingredients. Any idea why?
>>
>>10901090
Seriously if you're this new go somewhere else for advice.

/fa/ is terrible for skincare.

/r/skincareaddiction, however, is excellent for someone new to it all who wants to learn. They have a lot of guides related to ingredients and different parts of your routine and troubleshooting. You'll get far more from a cursory browse there than any number of specific questions here.
>>
>>10901156
Thanks
>>
>>10900311
I had adult acne until I figured out how to care for my skin. Exfoliate and moisturize really well. Neutrogena sucks.

Use a wash with AHA for gentle exfoliation. Try one from Cerave.
http://www.cerave.com/our-products/cleansers/renewing-sa-cleanser

It might dry out your skin but you don't know until you try.

Use acne daily cleanser and mask from Clearasil for trouble areas to help clear blackheads. I only use it on my nose from time to time. Barely use it now but it helps unclog pores.
http://www.clearasil.us/product-lines/ultra/washes/ultra-acne-plus-marks-wash-and-mask/

My actual routine is different done I'm more worried about wrinkles since I'm a grill and we age faster.

I clean with Shu Uemura cleansing oil. It dissolves makeup and sunscreen easily. Sometimes I follow with the Cerave cleanser but usually I'm fine with just the oil cleanser since it won't strip my skin of oils. Stripping your skin will just make you skin over produce oil to compensate.

I follow with a jurlique moisturizer or a moisturizer with AHA (using one from philosophy). Don't abuse the AHA. Only use if you can feel the dead skin building up.

I spend more on higher quality face products because you only got one face. I like keeping it fresh.
>>
>>10901657
Tyvm for advice. ATM I am using the blue thing I posted in the op while in the shower. Keep it on for 30 seconds then rinse. Then I use the cereve lotion on it and I'm done. But the one u listed I should use to replace the blue wallgreens one? Isn't that an exfoliator with salystic acid or whatever?
>>
>>10901786
Bump
>>
>>10901786
Depends if it's working for you.

Salicylic acid is great for exfoliation but I'm not a fan of the exfoliating beads that seem to be in every drug store brand exfoliating scrub these days. They didn't do anything for my skin when I used them. I've tried Neutrogena, clean and clear, aveeno and those mini pebbles did nothing for my skin even when formulated with salicylic acid.

It could be that the formulas were just too harsh for my skin. I didn't clear up completely until I started choosing gentler products.

I'm acne free but I have old scars. I'm also old like early thirties old. I just lurk fa to see what's up. I had bad skin and I'm only posting because it's something I wished I had more help with when I was younger.

If you're breaking out, your skin is irritated and reacting to irritants. It doesn't help to throw bombs at it and freak it out more. Drug store brands tend to use filler chemicals. If you've ever checked a drug store brand against the ingredients in a higher end product, you'll see that there's usually a few similar base chemicals and then sine that never cross over. The drug store version will use cheaper but more harmful (carcinogenic/harsher/wetting ph balance for skin) chemicals that have a similar effect as the more expensive chemical in the higher end product.

I know it's a scrap shot usually because some people have great skin without trying. But for those of us plagued with sensitive skin, it's his to find out how to be a nice to your skin as possible.
>>
>>10902125
Yeah I have very similar skin to you I think Its really sensative. I was using the neutragena spf 15 moisturizer for the longest time until a few weeks back when i thought that might be causing acne, so i switched to the cerave lotion moisturizer and It might have helped a small amount, but i also started using the blue bottle in the OP to clean my face with. I just needed to know if this was a potential bad decision. Im not sure what ingredients are harmful if any to sensitive irritable skin like mine. If I have anything shit on me its shit skin, i'm 21 almost 22 and still have these acne issues
>>
>>10901657
>Use a wash with AHA for gentle exfoliation
what?
>Use acne daily cleanser and mask from Clearasil for trouble areas to help clear blackheads. I only use it on my nose from time to time. Barely use it now but it helps unclog pores.
So put this on breakouts?
>>
>>10902140
Also the SA cleanser you use, would that be equivalent to the shit I posted in the OP but probably way better without harsh chemicals that will fuck my shit up basically?
>>
>>10902152
Alpha hydroxy acids.

I use this on my nose every three months. My skin has gotten to a point where it's really not broken out at all but I still have large pores on my nose that can get clogged a bit. Not to the point where there's an actual pimple but I use this for a quick deep cleanse as a mask on my nose. I might use it twice in a week and not touch the product again for two to three months.
>>
>>10902152
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_hydroxy_acid

Yah you can use it on breakouts. It should help. Just don't use physical exfoliants, ie. the rough scrubs on breakouts. You'll tear the skin and possibly cause more scarring.
>>
>>10902140
>>10902155

I'm not familiar with the blue bottle wash. I've never used it. It's from Walgreens and from what I've seen they basically copy the ingredients in mainstream products which can be ok. Some products are copied more closely than others.

Generic brands are ok for some things but if you have sensitive skin I would suggest avoiding cheaper facial products unless you're familiar with the brand.

I like cerave, eucerine, la roche posay and the Clearasil was an amazing find. But I've tried so many drug store means that killed my skin that I'd say it's better not to fuck with it.

Once your skin is scarred, you're scarred for life. Srsly could have modeled if I didn't have this crap skin. Asian, 5'10", never more than 124lbs. But that was only my heavy weight from depression. Usually 110 when I'm healthy and active. I tested with photographers and while I worked well with them because I posed well and had a good attitude. The one thing that killed it was my skin. So yah take care of it.
>>
File: DasKomitte_002.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DasKomitte_002.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
>>10902277
Airbrushed skin. Test shoot years ago.
>>
File: IMG_20160131_030424.jpg (39KB, 440x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_030424.jpg
39KB, 440x593px
>>10902320
Actual skin with acne scars. Yep. It's no fun.
>>
>>10902323
looks fine to me
>>
>>10901156
>/fa/ is terrible for skincare

Since sthlm stopped posting.
>>
>>10902277
The cereve one you posted up above for exfoliating/cleansing? So youd put that on in the shower right? and then moisturize after?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.