>>10898314 I've worked on some smaller-level campaigns, so consider the following:
1) Most of these guys are married men in their 50s who don't have an artistic bone in their body. It's like some random guy's dad - low-effort, baggy, vaguely American without much effort.
2) Campaigns are hard. Lots of candidates rapidly lose or gain weight, and few have the time to agonize over suit choices, especially since they tend to live on busses/planes/whatever. That leads to some "well, this works" sort of decisions.
3) Lots of (idiot) campaign advisers recommend outfits like that in the OP so that the candidate seems "down-to-earth" and "real." This is why a lot of candidates in '08 were wearing button-collared shirts (really).
4) Being overly groomed is sometimes seen to be a problem in Republican circles. Being too "slick" invites ridicule - think of Rubio's awful Florsheim boots. Admittedly, this is ironic considering that Reagan was pretty much nothing but presentation skills.
5) Most of America sucks at dressing, including their politicians.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.