[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw my acne is finally starting to clear up Yes! Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: large.jpg (49KB, 268x263px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
49KB, 268x263px
>mfw my acne is finally starting to clear up
Yes! Now maybe I can be a 7 or 8
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>10897325
>>
>>10897322
I totaly feel you... but dont worry in my case it came back after 2 weeks :)
>>
File: Tea-Tree-Packaging1.jpg (2MB, 2607x1862px) Image search: [Google]
Tea-Tree-Packaging1.jpg
2MB, 2607x1862px
>>10897337
About the same time it began clearing up for me. enjoy it. Also, Idk if you already have something, but the first two products in pic related helps me keep my face pretty clear and smooth. And it just feels nice and tingly to apply, too.
>>
>tfw 19
>acne slowly going away
will i make it /fa/?
>>
>>10897349
i still dont get how toner works
>>
>>10897357
Me neither, from like a scientific standpoint, but it did make my skin more smooth and it seemed to be less oily too.
>>
>>10897346
Stop eating dairy
>>
>>10897337
>>10897322
Ugh, this gives me hope. I feel like I've had to deal with Acne far longer than everyone else and like no one else on my campus has it. I'm actually a pretty good looking kid but even a few blemishes can completely change the look of a person.

I've been going to see a derm since I was 16 and have been on every medication just short of acutane. My skin will clear up completely, get used to the medication, and then flare up again.

I just want it to be over.
>>
>>10897415
>lactose intolerant
>Drink water everyday and do the other broscience garbage/
>still get bad acne
>>
Is the "never pop a zit" meme actaully true, cause when ever i have one, popping it makes it get red but it heals quicker.
>>
>>10897322
>acne
>after 16
????????
>>
>>10897476
Yeah I never believed it either. Kind of gross story, but my friend had a small zit on his nose and he refused to pop it, it continued to grow until it was almost the size of penny. He finally popped it over a weekend but it had become so huge it took weeks to heal, and it still left a faint scar. I always popped mine the instant I saw one forming, and they healed and went away in roughly a week. long story short, I would pop them ASAP, and I use noxzema to clean my face atleast once a day.
>>
>>10897476
I never really get PIH unless I don't pop the pimple.
>>
>tfw never had acne and very rarely a pimple
I don't want to brag but its one of the few things I got going for me.
>>
>>10897483
>what is cystic acne
>>
>>10897322
Get your ass some Cetaphil, stat
>>
>>10897854
>using meme products
accutane>everrything else>proactiv
>>
>>10897476
It's true, but I can't say it is for every skin type. I don't have bad acne by any means, my face is clear most of the time, but if it gets oily and I have a breakout its not just one pore, it'll be more than a few small breakouts that if I picked at would only cause more oil exposure (fingers) and potential permanent damage to the pores if I picked. In my case and probably many others its much better to use product to clear it up, whether or not it gives the instant satisfcation.
>>
>>10897357
>>10897366
hello. Toner does all sorts of different things depending on the toner you buy (different ingredients, different outcomes). A good toner should tighten the skin and remove excess oil, but in moderation. It's literally just rubbing stuff on your face to help it be less shitty, same sort of "scientific idea" as a cleanser or a moisturizer, only a slightly different product with a slightly different outcome. Getting a toner with an alcohol base can do the opposite, and fuck up your skin's pH balance, so be careful what you're purchasing. Don't go for the ones labeled "Astringent" cause those are usually alcohol based.

How to apply toner:
>wash face with cleanser
>PAT dry with CLEAN towel
>put toner on a cotton pad and wipe it all over your face
>LET DRY
>moisturize
>let that sink in & moisturize again if you have dry skin, or if you're going to sleep, or its winter, or you just have extra time and feel like doing it twice
>>
File: cer.gif (478KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
cer.gif
478KB, 300x169px
>>10897857
>cetaphil is a meme

It's your skin. You use whatever goddamn fucking works. Fucking idiot
>>
> tfw moderate acne in high school
> freshman year of college acne starts to clear up
> good hair, good skin, pulling bitches for couple months
> tfw male pattern baldness kicks in
> crushing depression

Been on finasteride for 5 months never looking back
>>
My acne actually started when I was 20. My skin was spotless before.
>>
>>10897437
iktffm

cut dairy out and acne cleared up for a good month, almost two then it just came back for no reason. Nothing changed, but its back. Only thing I can think of now is hormones and I'm just gonna have to ride it out.

Honestly I dont have it that bad compared to a lot of people, but I'm getting too old for this shit now and whats frustrating is the fact that it can go away but once its back its back to square one. Like it doesnt matter how much 'progress' you make because one bad sleep can fuck you up again. Shits depressing and people dont realising how crushing it can be.

That being said, I've got a nice face otherwise and still manage to score a lot so its not impossible - sober and drunk. If you still act with confidence people are forgiving of a few imperfections.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 308x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 308x513px
>had spotless skin for my entire life
>starting to get acne right now, 18 years old

Mfw
Any advice? Only using pic related atm
>>
>acne finally starts to clear up
>start the inexorable balding process
what is this torture
>>
>>10897357
what's not to get? its rubbing alcohol cleaning the bacteria and oil off your face
>>
as soon as mine clears i'm heading straight to modelling agencies

if it wasn't for acne i could have been modelling for like 3 years by now
>>
>>10897322

I know this feel friend!

It only took 3 months of accutane and now my skin looks like it has fucking dandruff despite constant moisturization. Also I now have the lips of a chenobyl disaster victim and my self-confidence and social life is so fucked I shouldn't even bother.
>>
>>10897432
Why haven't you just tried accutane?
>>
>>10897349
Doesn't this line actually not work that well because it doesn't have enough concentrate of tea tree oil in it to make a difference?
>>
>Tfw I've had the same closed comedones/blackheads on my face since I was 10

N O T H I N G gets rid of them. With the medication my derm put me on they have gone down yes, but they are still not gone completely. Any BHA/AHA recs that aren't Stridex or Paula's Choice?
>>
>>10897322
>inb4 photo or fake
>>
>tfw you get sick of cleaning your face with harsh products so you switch to just using water and your severe acne goes away in a week
>>
>>10899478
Not him, but I thought about that for my weird cystic acne. Ended up with a prescription for Clindamycin phosphate and that's done very well for me
>>
File: after 9 years.jpg (18KB, 450x198px) Image search: [Google]
after 9 years.jpg
18KB, 450x198px
This is what i thought when Accutane finally cleared some of my shit.

Turns out it didn't changed jack fucking shit except a considerable gain in my quality of life. But from an external standpoint ? Fucking nothing.
>>
>>10898882
Se problem here... skin is really dry + lips and my forehead and my nose get oily really fast... so annoying
>>
>>10898841
Look at your diet, changes in it and such. Shoot for eating healthier and drinking more water. Moving has things to do with it, slight differences in the water between two cities can cause irritations to your skin. Stress is a big factor, your skin produces more oil. Wash your hands before you wash your face, and use a gentle moisturizer after your cleanser. Toner (see>>10897864) is optional
>>10898869
Go for it anyways. Get started now. There is makeup and photoshop until it clears up.
>>10899530
Yeah this has been known to work for a lot of people, especially because sometimes your acne is just a result of you using the wrong products for your face. Happy for you that you cleared up though.
>>
>look skinny
>still have disgusting chinfat made worse by acne scars
>>
On accutane and its works d p well. Another 2 or 3 months to go with no issues so far, though my back is disgusting from old acne scars and I'd hoped the accutane would somehow fix that.

Is there any options for getting rid of old scars, or do I need to cover it up with a bunch of back tattoos? They aren't deep, its more like spots on my skin than actual indented scars.
>>
>>10897857
accutane is a meme you faggot

also enjoy your crohne's disease and shedding face, nerd
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.