[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was one of those retards that bought into the #menswear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: menswear.jpg (128KB, 671x1024px) Image search: [Google]
menswear.jpg
128KB, 671x1024px
So I was one of those retards that bought into the #menswear meme and totally regret it. Who the fuck needs to really wear $400 Allen Edmonds anyway? Those leather soles and cork base are absolute misery. Anyway, I'm sick of the whole thing and hell even the supposed "tailored" fits make me feel stuffy now so I threw out most of my styleforum autism uniforms.

Now I just want a simple, casual, minimalist look without being a slob. Essentially a respectable low-maintenance wardrobe without too much pretentiousness. Do you have infographics or inspo for what I'm talking about?

pic of a poor uncomfortable tryhard for your troubles
>>
>>10891113
Not pics, but I usually wear some kind of boot, slacks that taper a little but offer a lot of freedom of movement, plain T shirts and light sweaters as my first layer. Especially if you're yoked, this can look good with a little thought put into shoes, fit and colors, maybe even neat socks.

An example could be
Brother Vellies
George W. Bush signature socks (not kidding)
Mountain Khaki pants
Smathers and Branson or Murray Leather belt.
Dark Grey Patagonia merino sweater.
>>
>>10891113
good luck unlearning the menswear meme it really sticks to you
>>
File: Chet-Pensive.jpg (407KB, 1013x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Chet-Pensive.jpg
407KB, 1013x1140px
>>10891113

After 7+ years on this board I still do not understand why people on /fa/ feel the need to "buy in" to a style....

The whole menswear thing has a time and place, it doesn't mean once you have a few nice pieces you need to dress that way ALL the time.

Nothing is stopping you from wearing comfycore pieces one day, and menswear the next. Stop trying to think of fashion as defined categories, it's depressing.

Maybe you should slowly build your own idea of style, instead of relying on other people's infographics to tell you how to dress.

Otherwise you'll just end up another "dressed by the internet" dweeb.
>>
>>10891113
i did that recently as well

i just ran out and bought some casual shoes, chukkas, and a pair of black cobat looking boots, still wear selvedge, more black tees, different classic silouette jackets that are NOT a pea coat/p-coat

nothing is more normie tier than a black north face soft shell
>>
>>10891113
Very simple. Jeans, t shirts, basic sneakers (stans? Cp?), outerwear as needed but hoodies and shit. Maybe a flannel if you feel like it.

Just go to the mall, online, get what you like. Wear it when it's appropriate. If you want oversized fits sweatshirts and y-3/yohji style trousers or joggers might work.
>>
>>10891153
That was the most insightful fashion tip I've ever read.
>>
>>10891113
dude leather soles are the greatest, you can't even dance with rubber
>>
>>10891153
this desu
>>
>>10891153
eh you don't have to go full reddit drone

besides it's easier to refine a look with a group and how else will you discover something new
>>
>>10891153
Then all of sudden, out of nowhere, as if wrenched into existence solely due to the random chance of the universe, a piece of good advice was posted to the fashion board of a corsican pasta kneading website.

And then, just like that, it was already over, never to occur again.
>>
>>10891153
>>10891172
>>10891708
>>10891714
>>10891937
that shit is just common sense you retards. nothing insightful to praise about.

i really hope you underage faggots would leave this board
>>
>>10891113

CPs
Scandi brands
apc acne
black
monochrome
"comfy/cozy" sweaters

2013/14 rip
>>
>>10891153
You mean to tell me, there are people on this board who buy into one style never switch up their clothes? I cannot believe this; that would just be too autismo.
>>
OP, you want a minimalist look? Look up Raf Simons.
Not his company, look at the way he dresses.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>10891113
We all know that feel /fa/m.

#menswear was a mistake at that age. What a STUPID moron I was!
>>
File: sieg5.jpg (58KB, 665x932px) Image search: [Google]
sieg5.jpg
58KB, 665x932px
>>10891155
You should be dressing yourself in Yohji head to toe you moron richfuck.

Don't buy #menswear or minimalism if you got the bucks for the high tier stuff.

Holy shit you dressed ridiculous (me too).
>>
File: sieg4.jpg (82KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sieg4.jpg
82KB, 768x1024px
>>10891155
>>
File: 1342513176283.jpg (120KB, 875x691px) Image search: [Google]
1342513176283.jpg
120KB, 875x691px
Sieg seriously sell all that shit, you looked so out of place.
>>
>>10892934
i have friends who do it, only wear that sort of goofy thrift core look. i seem to change the way i dress every day. wore a polo neck today will probably wear thrift core tomorrow
>>
>>10893417
That's the way to do it, it's much more fun anyway to alternate the way you dress anyway

Having style is different from having 'a style'
>>
>>10891113
>trading a dead meme for a quickly dying meme
>>
>>10894250
Minimalism aka Raf Simmons Core is never going to die because of the simplicity of it.

I recommend an actual style over it through but well if you don't want to fcuk up or excel ever minimalism is for you.
>>
>>10892975
>>10892978
>>10892983
jesus christ
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.