[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the fuller, more traditional suits of the 1990s ever become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Will the fuller, more traditional suits of the 1990s ever become popular again /fa/?
>>
>>10889842
Hopefully not
>>
I hope there's a compromise reached between the current stupidly slim/skinny shit and the fuller ones. I don't really want the pendulum swinging back fully though.
>>
I hope so. Suits are supposed to be work uniform.

Getting tired that this world is too focused on looking the part and being a poser emulative twat
>>
>>10889842
Holy hell I hope not
>>
>>10891074
>Suits are supposed to be work uniform.

Since when? Wearing a suit used to be the norm until fairly recently.
>>
hopefully not like that picture.

though i wouldn't mind today's suits being a little more filled out.
>>
>>10889842
can we just have a happy medium where people wear the kind of suit that fits their body type the best instead of memes? full chest, hips, and leg but narrow waist and shoulders works best for my build but everything's cut so tightly now that anything that fits my shoulders properly will bow outwards at the chest and flare out at the hip
>>
Report of the weekcore
>>
>>10892082
review that mt dew
>>
Bump for curiosity.
>>
no.... it makes anyone look terrible and like a turtle
>>
I think the trend will be somewhat in that direction but not an across-the-board fill out. More like selective loosness to maximize the comfort while maintain a clean silhouette.
>>
>>10889842
There's resistance to the skinny suit and skinny pants in particular, I work for a luxury contemporary tailor and we've been fitting fuller legged trousers (slightly) and higher waisted rises on the trouser, slightly short hemline, no belt loops. Skinny pants look dated and pleb tier now, I predict an incoming death in the next few years because menswear moves so slowly.

Tailoring mixed with sportswear and technical stretch fabrics, minimal lightweight unlined constructions are sub trends at the moment underpinning a movement towards a masculine but relaxed shape - something that isn't achieved with a skinny suit. Comfort is becoming king but silhouettes will not become boxy again anytime soon, just a little fuller, suiting a more muscular physique too which is nice for adult men
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (41KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
41KB, 400x350px
>>10889842
Not sure what you mean since most people don't care and where something which they feel is roomy and comfortable to wear for an entire day. Usually on younger kids who didn't have anyone who told them how a suit should fit. They by something off the rack and never tailor it. Some make it well into their 30s and 40s like that and by then they just wouldn't care anymore anyway.

Fashion is cyclical though. It's not so farfetched that in a few years we will look at the cuts we wear and think that thinks look a little "too fitted" and see it as a marker for out-of-fashiion older people the way we saw ventless and 3-button jackets in the 2000s. We could see a return of looser fits and it could be a slippery slope from there.
>>
>>10895098
I'm seeing more of this already, people shying away from the extremely tight-fitting cuts or asking where to find something that fits in the shoulders and waist but doesn't squeeze them like a sausage
>>
i hope suits keep getting slimmers so all the fatties can just off themselves.
>>
>>10891036
this
>>
File: 24wve6b.jpg (286KB, 1188x1599px) Image search: [Google]
24wve6b.jpg
286KB, 1188x1599px
let's go
>>
>>10891036
i bet you wear skinny yeans too
>get a load of this guy
>>
>>10895996
this looks honestly better than most of the skinny shit i usually see
>>
>>10896089
yeah, but I'd raise the button stance to where the waist suppression is so the jacket doesn't bow open when you move - other than that it's p. good yo
>>
>>10895996
That's actually a pretty good fit.
>>
>>10896746
The 80s drape suit was a good idea in theory, but what pop culture's collective memory captured is the shitty exaggerated knockoffs of Armani's already exaggerated silhouettes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.