[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do beards always look so ridiculous and tryhard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 22

File: image.jpg (48KB, 369x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 369x365px
Why do beards always look so ridiculous and tryhard?
>>
they have to be the worst trend of the 10s so far

i just can't help but think of vaping, tattooed redditors whenever i see some dumbass with a beard like that
>>
Because you can't grow one yourself and this is just your bitterness speaking?
>>
because you need to be an actual sailor or marine to not look like a meme
>>
>>10875616
>pretend lumberjack spotted
>>
File: fuegofits.jpg (2MB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
fuegofits.jpg
2MB, 1365x2048px
>>
>>10875706
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSHHHHHH

how to look like a tool
>>
It's not about the beard. It's the beard + undercut (earplugs and tattoos to make it ridiciculous) meme that makes me puke
>>
>>10875608
Because most people who wear them are skinny hipster faggots who also have shitty tattoos, peircings and stupid meme lives.

The only way to have a cool beard in 2016 is to go wisardmode- grow it thick, minimal grooming, with a hairstyle less tryhard than the hy, and dress either like traditional intellectualcore or in acctual robes.
>>
This is what the board has come to. Shitty 16 years old kids circlejerking about kanye and streetwear, while all the serious posts about fashionweek gets saged. :(
>>
>>10875842
"or in actual robes"
I hope I live to the day scholars go full wizard mode
>>
>>10875608
bc u still have acne and can't grow any?
>>
File: kKQnRBv.jpg (22KB, 482x438px) Image search: [Google]
kKQnRBv.jpg
22KB, 482x438px
fuck beards
nothing is more aesthetically pleasing than a clean shaven face to show the world your cheekbones and jawline
>>
>>10875842
Because most people who wear them are insecure faggots with no talent, personality, taste or character

fixed
>>
File: kamio_shotaro.jpg (73KB, 335x285px) Image search: [Google]
kamio_shotaro.jpg
73KB, 335x285px
is it just me, or are wispy bearded, unshaven asians the most effay in terms of facial hair?
>>
>>10875706
Ignoring everything from the neck up, why does this seem off to me? Is there something wrong with his belt or silhouette? I can't put my finger on it...
>>
>>10875982
might be because his left knee is hyperextended backwards
>>
>>10875951

It's just you.
Any facial hair that can be described as wispy is pretty gross.
>>
>Can't grow a beard
>Grow an afro

Much more popular
>>
>>10875919
unless u fat and have no jawline LOL
>>
>>10875608
>>10875615
>>10875919
t. beardlets
>>
>>10875608
Generally beards are OK, but I believe there's a few reasons they've become a meme.

1. People who grow out the mustaches like in OPs pic.
2. People with insanely long beards like in OPs pic.
3. people with unkempt beards that have uneven patches
4. The whole manosphere trend

Short beards and well trimmed beards are generally OK, but people who actually know how to take care of them are pretty rare
>>
>>10876015
>weak jawline detected
>>
>>10875929
True
>>
>>10875618
>marine
>beard

....... ok
>>
I think beards are a lot like long hair in that if you look good/cool/interesting it accentuates that and can be done really well. However, it looks like utter shit if you're just some chubby no-jaw-having, flash-tattoo-getting shitter
>>
>>10876015
t. jawlet
>>
>>10875608
>be me
>lazy
>beard grows out
>too lazy to shave

I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>10875608
>Why do beards always look so ridiculous and tryhard
This guy actually looks good though
>>
>>10875608
op can you grow one?

you do realize most guys that grow beards just kinda said fuck it. That shit just keeps growing back. Most guys can't grow anything.
so why the fuck not?

I agree the mustach twirl shit is dumb. a big ass beard looks dumb.

but damn do you come off as butthurt as fuck
>>
>>10875982
Belt and shoes don't look good with the fit to me
>>
They look good on some guys but I feel like too really pull off a beard you have to have the voice and personality to match it. Nothing more disappointing than hearing a boyish voice come out of a decent looking beard.
>>
>>10875982
he's a manlet
>>
>>10875982
It's his proportions.. He's probably not too tall to begin with and he's wearing low-rise pants that end too far up.. It fucks up his proportions and ends up looking weird
>>
File: beards.jpg (128KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
beards.jpg
128KB, 620x387px
Why does everyone have a beard these days wtf
>>
>>10875982
fat, poor posture, low muscle mass, awkward pose, ill-fitting clothes (too tight in chest, accentuating its sunken-ness, but loose in stomach area, accentuating its fatness, too tight in seat of pants and too loose at the leg opening)

looks like a tube of lipstick with the top off
>>
File: 56418312.jpg (697KB, 1912x3000px) Image search: [Google]
56418312.jpg
697KB, 1912x3000px
>>
I like clean shaven as well, I do think both can look good
>>
File: NxuinPJ.jpg (87KB, 395x594px) Image search: [Google]
NxuinPJ.jpg
87KB, 395x594px
Beards can be ok as long as it's just an accessory. If you base your whole lifestyle on your facial hair than you're a cuck
>>
>>10875929
yes, especially if they have shit on their facebook talking about how their beard is awesome leaking out of their face
>>
>>10878484
>fat
????
>>
>beards are bad
>dressing like a ninja is cool
oh /fa/, you so teenager
>>
Beards are badass. You can't grow one and you are upset.
>>
>>10879540
>getting food stuck on your face is cool and hip

>looking like a lower class person that doesn't take care of themselves is cool and hip

>looking like hipster trash EVER

>Not plucking because you have intense trichtillomania
>>
>>10875951
I'm white and I have facial hair exactly like this. It's all I can manage.

Anyone know if this is low-T or can it just be genetics?
>>
the only guys i have a problem with is those who were always shaven until the last ~ 3 years. so basically anyone under 30 with a massive beard is a try hard faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 512x288px
>>10875887
>we will never live in a world where staves, crotch long beards, robes and droopy hats are effay
>>
File: beard.png (513KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
beard.png
513KB, 500x585px
is this beard (can't call it stubble) ok? turning 21 in 2 weeks, so i'm hoping all the parts connect in the next couple of years.
>>
>>10880321
Looking good Adam Jensen.
>>
>>10875608
>can't grow beard
>>
>>10880321
Looks fine, gj
>>
>>10878681
>>10875706
>>10875608

It's because pretty much every dude with a beard also has this shitty haircut and they're all obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>10875608
Because it's a face fedora
>>
Because you're a younger member of the board and have been negatively influenced by the complete oversaturation of beards, fades, and tattoos in contemporary American culture.
>>
>>10875842
I think you might be right on the clothing. I have a beard, long hair, and dress in military / 70s rock climber gear and I'm pretty sure I just look like a hobo.
>>
>>10876083
Except beard maintenance, in itself, has become a big damn meme.
>>
>>10879115
That guy in the pic is fat as fuck
>>
>>10880079
it can just be genetics. it can also be a combo.
>>
>>10875608
don't be mad that you can't grow one gook.
>>
I'm growing my mustache and sideburns out atm

Just from necessity because I'm fat with long hair and I look like the quaker oats guy
>>
They look retarded because you need a good looking face to a wear them. 99% of the people wear them because they have a shitty jaw line. Look at people like George Clooney. He looks impeccable with a beard because he look impeccable without one. Of Jared Leto.

Shit face = beard will look shit, plain and simple.
>>
>>10880895
that's like saying you shouldn't wear nice clothes if you're fat.

do handsome guys look better with beards than ugly dudes? yes. because they're handsome. doesn't mean ugly dudes will look worse with a beard necessarily.
>>
>>10880904
Its not about looking better. A bear isnt something that pulls attention away from an ugly mug, it does the exact opposite. If you have a shit face then a beard wont make it any more beautiful, it will just make it more obvious that you have a shit face (in 9/10 cases).

>that's like saying you shouldn't wear nice clothes if you're fat.
Depends what you consider fat, but generally speaking that is correct. The fat guy will never not look shit, even if he wears the finest clothes out there.
>>
>>10880922
yes but he will look better in nice clothes either way
i'm not sure we agree on the beard question, since i personally think the beard makes me look much better, and i don't consider my self too good-looking otherwise (not that it matters much for a dude, so long as you look decent and have a personality).
>>
>>10880313
They already are. Top tier/fa/.
>>
>>10880890
I did that for a while last month, with just a mustache and long-ass sideburns going all the way down my face. I'm skinny as fuck though. I looked like a roadie from late 70s London, would do again.
>>
>>10880922
>a fat guy will never not look like shit

are we talking bubba from southern mississipi here? or bear mode fat like rugby?
>>
>>10875608
Because you surround yourself with tryhards.
>>
>>10875615

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q9ugg9i0cQ
>>
>>
>>10875608
>>10875615
>>10875618
>>10875627
>>10875842
>>10875919
>>10875929
>>10878630
>>10879758
>>10880080
>>10880622
the jealousy is real
>>
>>10881362
me last night holy fuck
>>
>>10875608
because you can't grow one.
>>
Because you haven't hit puberty yet.
>>
>>10875608
attempt for young nihilistic males to hold onto a fleeting and increasingly alien concept of masculinity, causing them to look like total caricatures.
>>
File: o-CONCHITA-WURST-570.jpg (155KB, 570x856px) Image search: [Google]
o-CONCHITA-WURST-570.jpg
155KB, 570x856px
>>10875608
They don't. But when you groom them like that you look like a cross-dressing faggot
>>
File: Fgt.jpg (13KB, 297x325px) Image search: [Google]
Fgt.jpg
13KB, 297x325px
>>10876015
manlets grow beards, fact.
>>
>>10881369
spotted the fatty with a beard.
>>
>>10876083
>growing out the mustache
>a meme
thats an appropriate length mustache for that length of beard. people with no mustache/very very short mustaches and long beards look retarded as shit.
>>
File: shaving-11.jpg (128KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
shaving-11.jpg
128KB, 400x300px
Hey guys i was thinking of buying electric shaver. The thing is i was planing to shave every 3-4 weeks. Will shaver like in pic be able to shave 4 week beard?
>>
a beard is either supposed to
a- show how lazy you are in terms of maintaining appearance (read:hobo chic)
b- show that you have lived on this earth long enough to grow a massive beard.
(read: Zarathustra Chic)
c-its cold out and your too much of a man to wear a scarf
(read: lumberjacks, civil war reinactors, LARPers)

also the well groomed beard and hair is too much. Men with bears should like hats more or are balding.
Men with hair should enjoy whats on the top of their head. and if they want to go as it is above, so it goes below " should conisder a mustache.

A beard: is unsanitary for cooking others food
unsanitary for operating on people
gets in the way of eating, breathing (makes it more audible if you have whiskers that go over the mouth).

the insecurites women have over boobs we now have over facial hair.
>>
>>10884456
No it won't.

I had one of those and you pretty much needed to use it twice a day
>>
>>10875608
beards are fuck ugly.
>>
>>10875608
Because they are.
>>
>>10875919
This. So much this.
>>
>>10880922
>A bear isnt something that pulls attention away from an ugly mug
In my experience bears are a pretty good distraction
>>
>>10875608
I don't really give a crap about beards except for people who have huge, bushy beards in Summer. Everyone ends up looking like some crazy island survivor. Match your facial hair to the season, fuck me...
>>
>>10875919
easy to show your jawline, when you're a skeleton like in your pic. if that dude worked out and had a normal neck i reckon that jawline would be less impressive
>>
>>10875608
Beards are made to hide how ugly and unaesthethic you are.

That's why I shave myself. If I'm ugly as hell i'm going to embrace it. That's who I am. People with beards all start to look the same, literaly hard for me to remember a face if it's covered with hair
>>
>>10880079
I would imagine that hair growth brought on by testosterone is epigenetic, however if you are lacking the gene entirely then testosterone has nothing to do with it. I have little facial hair, no chest hair, thin arm hair, but a strong jaw, broad shoulders, deep voice. I would think that I lack the genes entirely and would not grow more body and facial hair even if I started injecting testosterone or any other steroid. Epigenetic switches require the gene be there in the first place- and a catalyst. Age, hormones, enviroment, diet, physical activity, all have an effect on epigenetic switches.
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1043x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1043x1600px
>>10879062
This. It can work with your style if you don't overthink it, just like everything else in fashion. Don't make it such a big deal, if you don't like to shave and your facial hair doesn't look like shit that's all you need. Basing your whole life around it and buying fucking styling products to curl your mustache makes you look like a douchebag.

>inb4 beardless jealousy comments
Femanon, so yeah you're right. Wish I could cover up half of MY face.
>>
My beard's nothing to write home about, but it's decent enough and makes me feel manly. I'd like it more if it grew in a little thicker on the sideburns and cheeks.

A lot of guys I know can only grow wispy little "puberty beards" so I'm grateful I've got as much as I do.
>>
>>10875608
Full beards becoming "trendy" is predictably brief and go to shit quickly. Beard hides your jawline and most of your facial feature so it also cover up your identity. As beards get trendy, everyone with a beard look exactly the same. The only way that tell people apart are slightly different beard style, but something so temporary can't be used as an identity. Therefore, as soon people near you start jumping on the beard train, you will want to jump off as soon as possible since they would look exactly the same as the others. Trendy hairstyles have more lasting power since different facial structure complement the same hairstyle differently.
>>
>>
LE CLASSY GENTLEMEN XD
>>
>>10875608
Jelly of that hair tb.h
>>
>>10887323
You can post a fat faggot with a beard but it doesnt really prove beards look shit
>>
>>10887376
Your image of a spectacularly bad haircut, buzzcut, mullet and low growing chin curtain certainly helps the matter on "beards suck" though. Unless you're lazy, a dumbass loser is wearing one.
>>
>>10875919
Accurate
>>
I grew a beard coz I was 95kg at 5'10, now 81 and still have a beard coz I'm scared my jawline will be weak until I lose 5 - 7kg more.
>>
File: johan.jpg (112KB, 388x584px) Image search: [Google]
johan.jpg
112KB, 388x584px
>>10875608
Johan hegg rocks it pretty well.
>>
File: wizard.png (199KB, 413x374px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
199KB, 413x374px
>>10875887
Wizards are pretty effay.
>>
Butthurt teens.
Butthurt teens everywhere.
>>
No problem with beards
Beard culture "uhh so manly, look at my sailor tattoos, original american!" is the problem

t. bearded man
>>
>>10887821
quality reddit
>>
>>10887240
>if someone has a beard they become indistinguishable from other men
What a pile of bullshit
>>
I'm no expert but beards probably were fashionable until it became a trend, now most men have beards, to full beards from low groomed facial hair, and now with everyone doing something, I think it becomes unfashionable.
I mean media might say that it is fashionable "because" everyone is doing it but I always think something is really fashionable when not many people are doing it.
>>
>>10887876
Where I live about 80% of men can't grow a beard or moustache. I don't know where you guys live but can you honestly say that bearded men outnumber clean shaven men?
>>
>>10875608
Beards aren't the problem. It's the pretentious, candy-ass haircuts that tend to go with them on skinny hipsters nowadays.
>>
>>10875608
Because you're a cuck who can't grow one. So you've become salty and jealous.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.