[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

50s - greasers or beatniks 60s - hippies 70s - disco 80s - punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1448503555708.jpg (156KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
1448503555708.jpg
156KB, 600x426px
50s - greasers or beatniks
60s - hippies
70s - disco
80s - punk
90s - grunge or goth
00s - emo/scene/hot topic
10s - ?

what is the "counterculture" of today's fashion? the whole "hipster"/thrift/mac demarco thing and street wear seem sort of mainstream and ironic stuff like vaporwave or seapunk seem way too small.

has it i all branched out in too many directions for there to be one specific movement?

i dont know anything about fashion, really, im just curious about this. also if there's anything incorrect in my list please correct me
>>
Lunarcore
>>
I'd go with hipsters. The most influential thing when it comes to 10s fashion

So you mean hippies, disco and the others wheren't mainstream those days?
>>
Hipster is mainstream enough to be a counterculture. Thats the whole point. Counterculture is a vague attempt at having a tantrum against society (parents/older than you) by joining the next new society, or at least what you think it should be.
>>
>>10873259
>>10873258
Is hipster even a real word anymore?
>>
>>10873273
no. its just a word high schoolers in the suburbs throw around because they desperately want to be hipsters
>>
>>10873199
This is a really stupid post
>>
>>10873199
Disco was mainstream, it was Punk through the 70s into the 80s.
>>
>>10873276
Only for those who not really into /fa i guess. I'm from post-soviet country where guys wearing rolled-up pants are called hipsters. I suppose in the Western World this stereotype it's not so clear, but still exist.
>>
>>10873315
isn't so clear*
my bad
>>
>>10873199
>has it i all branched out in too many directions for there to be one specific movement?
Yes. Most people adapt past counter cultures and imitate or modernize them.
>>
File: tumblr_ng51iwSyaX1qmwxkio1_500.jpg (60KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng51iwSyaX1qmwxkio1_500.jpg
60KB, 500x516px
>>10873199
Vaporwave is the way
>>
>>10873239
Have you ever fucking stepped outside
>>
>>10873199
You're a fucking moron who doesn't understand the way the mainstream classifies trends.
Even using decades as your arbitrary set term is retarded

The counter culture is hipsters.
The mainstream is bros.
Hipsters are the culturally affluent who have been aided by the internet. Bros are the steadfast and consistent who strive to not do anything exotic and get most of their culture from the television.

Just because youre familiar with it doesnt make it mainstream. Just because somethings in the common eye, doesn't mean it's not counter culture. You can't tell me that hippies weren't visible and marketed to openly.

If you want to know who the subversives are, you are looking for anyone who steals money and gets away with it.
>>
>>10874941
>stepping outside on the surface without a proper space suit
the absolute madmen I tell you
>>
>>10873199
>the whole "hipster"/thrift/mac demarco thing and street wear seem sort of mainstream and ironic stuff like vaporwave or seapunk seem way too small.

an "outsider" or normal person would classify all these people as hispters
>>
>>10873280
>>10874958
These.

OP is a fucking tumblr idiot.
>>
>>10875139
I laughed
>>
>>10873239
when is lunarcore going mainstream, i have my fits and everything i'm just waiting till i can go outside and not look like an absolute faggottttttt
>>
>>10875220
When there's another moon landing

Waiting for China desu
>>
>>10873199
I think most of it depends where you live senpai.

I live in southern california and there's pretty much just dudebros/basic bitches as the mainstream and Tumblrite burger records-type kids as the counterculture
>>
No need for a counterculture with all the possibilites the internet has to offer.

Some people choose to be lunarfags, some furries, some hipstops and others just go fucking whatever I don't care you piece of shit.

^
>>
>>10873280
just because its mainstream doesn't mean its not counterculture.

+punk was very mainstream by the early 80s
>>
>>10873199
the counterculture is hipster/tumblr/feminist/SJWs

p lame
>>
>>10873199
rick
>>
>>10876994
>tumblr/feminist/SJWs
>counterculture
>hmm
>>
>>10874865
I would ironically wear this
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.