[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys use pomade? I'm relatively new to pomade.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: pomades11.jpg (634KB, 1709x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pomades11.jpg
634KB, 1709x1080px
Any of you guys use pomade? I'm relatively new to pomade. I'm a guy who had his hair long past his shoulders for a little over two years and just decided to cut off my hair on a whim, tried to get a classic Pat Bateman slickback but it was badly executed in that regard but overall wasnt a bad cut. On my way out I picked up some Suavecito, the only pomade they sell there and have since been compelled to find more. After some research I learned oil is better than water based so I'm awaiting some Murray's Beeswax, Dax Wave & Groom, and Dax High & Tight in the mail, just to try out some types I've heard that are pretty good. Any tips for hairstyles or cuts or how to best use pomade? I figure /fa/ wouldnt be too bad a board for this topic, any help will be appreciated!
>>
>>10861643
Bump
>>
>>10861643
Suavecito is shite, go for Murray's.
>>
Can someone recommend me something with high hold and low shine? I have American Crew Fiber, but it doesn't hold my hair as well as I would like. My hair is pretty thick.
>>
Using Dax's Wave n Groom atm, have to loads a load for decent hold seeing as my hair is insanely thick. Pretty visible shine. A lot better than Black and White Genuine Pluko which doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>>10861895
Layrite Super Hold will probably do the trick. It has medium shine but you can lower it by applying to dry/blowdried hair.
>>
>>10861846
>>10861846
I did get Murray's Beeswax, will that suffice?
>>10861923
Thats suprising to hear! There were loads of people that say Black and White is some kind of magical unicorn pomade that is extremely hard to acquire in the US and has different properties than anything on the market. Talk about marketing hype.
>>
>>10861643
since when is oil better than water? it's nearly impossible to get it out of your hair when you wash and it'll be consistently dirty. water based pomades are the way to go. try proraso or imperial. both give you high shine and high hold that oil based pomades give. if you're that intent on using oil based pomades then put a dab on a fine tooth comb, run a hair dryer over it until it's warm and malleable then run that shit through your hair. ez.
>>
>>10861978
I have never tried Murray's Beewax but the original (Murray's Superior Pomade) is definitely one of the best out there imo
>>
>>10862047
Wow idk ive heard its pretty weak tho?
>>
>>10861895
American crew fiber is good at what it does, which is to add texture and very light hold, but it's nowhere near pomade status.

For thick hair, you want an oil based medium hold. Go try the Reuzel green, and if it's too weak bump up to the pink.
>>
i use grey gatsby moving rubber
>>
>>10862069
I am modelling for Reuzel when the 2 guys come from Holland to Denver on April 20th. My buddy owns the largest professional beauty product distribution company in CO, and he is putting on an expo that day, has the Reuzel duo coming and wants me to model for them (shampoo hair/beard cut, style) and get paid, plus a sick afterparty.
>>
>>10861895
Gatsby senpai
>>
Omg just got my Murray's beeswax and it is the shiiittt, leagues above Suavecito
>>
Brylecreme if you want to be a man.
>>
File: wackzu.jpg (158KB, 1794x442px) Image search: [Google]
wackzu.jpg
158KB, 1794x442px
>>10861643
those r shit m8
>>
File: 1412552330.jpg (69KB, 410x349px) Image search: [Google]
1412552330.jpg
69KB, 410x349px
Been using Murray's for half a year. My hair is straight and thick and this is the only product that I have used that will slick my hair back and hold it down all day. I can also re-style it with ease.

Only using a fingertip amount; anymore and your hair will feel really heavy and greasy.

I use American Crew forming cream to style my hair when it's damp then add Murray's a few minutes later. I read something online that applying something to the hair before applying Murray's makes it easier to wash off. With this method I only need to shampoo once and it's off. I use American Crew Power Cleanser Style Remover and the conditioner. I bought a couple bottles of each for $6 each at Marshalls.
>>
MURRAYS
U
R
R
A
Y
S
>>
murrays (the regular orange one not beeswax) or dax (the red one) or you can mix both
suavecito to clean your hair after it builds up for a few days
>>
>>10861643
im a dapper dan man dammit
>>
So for really thick hair low-med shine high hold, murray's is the best?
>>
>>10864679
I don't want Fop, goddamn it
>>
>>10864693
Te orange can gives high shine
>>
>Ducktail
Shit is actually pretty great, if the price tag wasn't so fucking bullshit.
>>
Dax wave and groom is okay. I use it as my daily pomade. My main problem with it is that it makes your hands extremely sticky for an hour. Pro is that it makes your hair the day after feel soft and still pliable
>>
>>10861978
Murrays Beeswax isnt pomade. Its just like leave in conditioner. Murray's is the way to go for pomade though. I use Murray's Super Lite. Im going to try Nu Nile next. I prefer shine than hold though
>>
>>10865130
It seems to work as a pomade lol but thanks for the info
>>
Is moving rubber good for black hair or is it just white boy shit?
>>
>>10861643
Pretty much all the reviews you could ask for are on youtube for a lot of products.

I like to watch The Pomp's videos on youtube, he reviews a lot of stuff and mostly smaller, lesser known brands (well sometimes) who innovate and make products that are water based but give the same results as oil based pomades for instance.

Looking at video reviews by several people will give you a better idea of what the results will be like, asking /fa/ won't. What's good about /fa/ is that, in the 0.01% of cases where someone posts something useful, you can interact with them easier than you could with a youtuber who gets a lot of views.
>>
Did anyone save the thread where the guy used Murray's, fucked his hair up and couldn't wash it out? Shit was hilarious
>>
>>10865246
All you need is a good degreasing soap right? I've even heard that a little olive oil in the shampoo will do the trick.
>>
>>10865240
Haha for sure man, Ive read all the reviews online and watched as many videos as I could on the subject, pomade is one of those hair products I had never thought of trying and now I realize it's literally the best for the hairstyles I've wanted, and tried to do with everything from hairspray to mousse to no real avail, needless to say I'm fascinated with the variety of products and what can give me exactly the hair I'm looking for, but wanted to come to /fa/ to fill any gaps in knowledge.
>>
>>10862000
Nice trips. Also this. There is literally no point of using oil based pomade when there are plenty of water based pomades that give the same effect. The ONLY reason why you'd pick oil based over water based is if you're extremely stingy and wouldn't like to use as much product. Oil based shit will stay in your hair, and you'll use less the next day because of the leftover product. But shit family, that's gross as fuck. Just use water based. You'll grow tired of using olive oil or whatever the fuck every night to get that shit out of your hair. And even if you don't, that shit will get all over your pillowcase and give you some nasty ass acne.
>>
>>10865309
Trust me, it takes a lot more than just a little olive oil. Even with degreasing shampoo you'll be scrubbing the shit out of every inch of your hair for a good 10 minutes to get it completely clean.
>>
>>10865355
Tbh you got me there, I love the product saving, and the ability to restyle throughout the day without needing water or hardening/losing hold.
>>
Can I still use pomade if my hair are thick as fuck? My hairdresser said that I should use gel instead because pomade will make my hair even thicker.
>>
>>10861968
this desu
>>
>>10862278
So?
>>
>>10865355

I've never had trouble getting Murray's Superior pomade out of my hair. Maybe you guys are using shite shampoo
>>
>>10865608
My hair is thick and straight and I use Murray's Superior (orange can) and swear by this stuff.

It costs less than $4 and is sold at most drugstores in the U.S., so you should have no trouble getting it. And if you don't like then you only lost pocket change.
>>
>>10865230

Murray's has two black people on the lid. My barber (who is black) was surprised when I told him that I use it. He said usually black folks are the ones who use it.
>>
>>10865633
#shill
>>
>>10865689
I am not from that side of the pond so I cannot really cop it. Just wanted to know if it is true that you shouldn't apply pomade to extremely thick hair.
>>
Should I be using this at all with curly hair to help with volume and hold?
>>
>>10865793
Nah, OP here, I have pretty thick hair that just grows like a weed and pomade is my favorite product I've ever used, tames it better than anything else
>>
File: 4902806290738.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
4902806290738.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
Lucido Men's Hair Creme is what you want...

no smell, nice hold, great for curly hair (ironically)
>>
>>10865829
What's in it? How easy is it to get out of my hair? Does it harden my hair at all or does it leave it natural feeling?
>>
>>10865871
it does not harden
it has a very natural feeling
i put it on when my hair is wet
by the time its dry, the hair has a nice, full-bodied, clean & soft look

if I didn't use it, my hair would be frizzy

the only problem is getting it.
it comes from Japan
>>
What dyou guys think of uppercut deluxe?
Been using that for a while.

Also been losing my hair, fun times
>>
>>10867486
I'm using that at the moment, very satisfied
>>
>>10861643
>just to try out some types I've heard that are pretty good
This entire thread is like all the dandruff threads. Poor high school kids will tell you that H&S is a product you should use, while in reality its the worst garbage you could ever clean you scalp with. Same pretty much applies for the pomades you listed.

They arent 'pretty good'. They arent even good or average. They are some of the wort pomades you can get. Its not a coincidence that they are the most popular, and cheapest pomades available, pal. If you want good, non splitting pomades then you will have to pay more than that.
>>
>>10865230
It actually works best for asian hair, but basically what >>10865697 said. Use Murray's my niggersenpai
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.