[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: London_at_night_2313720b.jpg (147KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
London_at_night_2313720b.jpg
147KB, 620x387px
This is a little off topic?

So I want to move to London, anyone has any recommendations of half decent areas to live that are cheap to buy. (230-250k)

Do I have to register with every agent in the city or something, 'cause it's really damn hard to find anything on zoopla/rightmove that isn't sold already. Any forums that are good for this kinda shit, or should I not even bother with that budget and just live outside the m25 ring.
>>
Is it essential that you live within london?
>>
Inner London for 250k? Not a fucking chance as far as I know. Outer London maybe a flat
>>
>>10861610

It would be nice, since that's where I work and I would rather not have to commute for longer than an hour +/- every day. I don't know much about the surrounding areas so I haven't looked at anything outside the m25 ring.
>>
>>10861585
ha... hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahh
>>
>>10861651
Where do you work m8? Where do you have to commute in from?

That'll somewhat dictate ideal locations.
>>
Just to clarify I don't care about central London, I know that my budget is laughable for most of London but I'm not really looking for luxury, more functionality and accessibility.

>>10861669

I will be working in Soho in a few months, living in Cardiff(Wales) atm. So as you can see the commute is impossible.

The reason I want to buy is because it's not my money and that's the budget that I was given.
>>
>>10861706
Look at Outer London boroughs, places like Sutton, Croydon etc. Croydon is sort of a shit hole but it has excellent connections to both Bridge and Victoria. Of course you're going to be paying out of your ass for tickets etc but no way around if it you're working in London.
>>
>>10861706
Take a look at Harrow.
>>
>>10861706
As anon >>10861724 said, outer London boroughs really.

Dunno where exactly you are in Soho, but you could also consider north-west, i.e. Brent, Harrow etc.

Merton, Sutton, Croydon is a possibility, but I have to do the commute on Southern trains erryday and fuck rush hour Underground service from Victoria (which you'd probably take to get into Soho).
>>
File: 1452858662594.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1452858662594.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>10861585
>London
>Half-decent
>230-250k
>>
inner london? you need at least 1 million
>>
>>10861754
>>10861724

I neglected Croydon since apparently it has bad rep. I've lived in some shitty areas in the past so it's not a big deal. Is it really as bad as people say?
>>
>>10861636
literally in utter barren lands (eg hackbridge) you can get a 1 bed for 200k£
>>
>>10861804
nah I work there east croydon is trying to be sterilised/nice. West croydon/thornton heath area is trash (gf lives there) all indian/carribean stuff but it's ok for cheap basics.

East Croydon is definitely a good choice because it's a 13min train to viccy.

Any questions just ask :^)
>>
>>10861585
living in Wimbledon atm which is in Merton. 25 mins to soho on a good day. im sure you could find a flat for your budget around here. Nice and clean with northern line, district line, tram and national rail connections.
>>
>>10861804
croydon is up and coming. your commute will be around an hour and 1k per year.
>>
>>10861585
>London
wallet ded
>>
>>10861866

nigga how in the world is croydon to soho an hour? more like 20-30 min
>>
Can't you just rent a place?
>>
Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys. Plenty of areas I haven't looked at before.

>>10862004

Sure but atm I don't have a steady income, so my senpai offered to buy me a place. I'm not gonna decline some extra financial security, especially since they can just sell it back in a couple of years and make a profit. (Hopefully)
>>
>>10861804
Pretty decent, even walked around a few times around 3-4 AM while I was there. Just don't be a chav .
>>
>>10861940
>est 5 minutes waiting for train
>est 25 minutes east croydon to victoria
>est 5 minutes transferring trains
>est 5 minutes on tube
>est 5 minutes walking to office

that's around 45 minutes, not including the time to get to east croydon station. if he lives very close to the station then you'd have to leave an hour before the time you start to give yourself room for delays.

i used to have to commute between norwood junction and wapping. literally one train that took about half an hour, but it took me 15 minutes to walk to NJ (my nearest station) and 10 minutes more to get between my work and wapping station (the nearest station to it). buses cost extra money and are no quicker because you have to wait for them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.