[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /fa/'s opinion on desert boots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 26110058_A.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
26110058_A.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
What is /fa/'s opinion on desert boots?
>>
>>10859400
Yeah man, a nice ocbd, some raw denim and throw on a fedora and you are point
>>
>>10859407
clutching my fedora rn, preparing
>>
>>10859400
They go all right. Reddit seems to like them, so everyone here starts crying if someone has a pair.
>>
>>10859400
staple basic shoe
nothing necessarily wrong with them
>>
>>10859400
P good shoe lasts a bit
>>
>>10859400
I don't like rubber soles, but if there was a leather soled desert boot at a reasonable price I would be ON THAT SHIT
>>
>>10859400

/fa/ was all over them back in 2011

Surprised this didn't become a meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORi4xwSwWlM
>>
>>10859400
Pretty nice shoe, can't really think of anything wrong with them other than the fact that some people on Reddit like them.
>>
They have become a common staple as a casual alternative to trainers and can work additionally as a dress shoe for non-formal occasions.

A bit overplayed since they left meme-tier and are now just a shoe worn by everyone but you can't go wrong/won't get noticed for wearing them.
>>
they're ugly
>>
Had mine since 2012

V comfy and simple
>>
What brands sell higher quality ones? Like $200+? All I've ever really seen around are Clarks, and most of their other stuff is complete shit
>>
>>10860136
May not be cheap, but check out Vellies. They're the forerunner to the desert boot, basically the same thing with a leather sole. When I went to Namibia my guide wore them all day every day without socks. Smelled rank af.
>>
>>10862358
Alden makes nice chukkas.
>>
>>10862358
panama jack
>>
>>10862358
Sanders has a chukka with a nice profile to it.
>>
>>10862394
Did you go to there when it was still controlled by Germany?
>>
>>10859400
pick a pair if you don't already, they last a while, you won't regret it

they don't do well in rain tho
>>
Why do people like these?

They are so boring and overplayed and if I see someone wearing them I immediately thing they are some sanders-loving lefty

literally the nu-male shoe
>>
>>10862475
I like boots in general and these are light and comfortable. When it's hot, the trick is to wear them with an athletic sock that doesn't show above the top. They protect your feet better than loafers or low topped shoes and can work with a bunch of different outfits. I don't think they've had any political affiliation since the 60s. Are you a boomer?
>>
Best/Most Versatile Colorway? Planning on buying these also what's your opinion on the rubber sole. It put me off, idk if it'll wear away easy or not.
>>
>>10859400
theyre the "im starting to care about what i wear" shoes
>>
File: 54363475.jpg (298KB, 1035x1035px) Image search: [Google]
54363475.jpg
298KB, 1035x1035px
I have these and love them.
6-8in lace-up boots are just too hot to wear all the time in FL.
>>
there comfy and look good for a shoe that I can still to work
>>
Remember when the home page of the sticky thefaggotstore, had like 2 gifs of rotating desert boots. I heh'd
>>
>>10862733
OP pic or bushacres in sand
>>
>>10861799
the earth is a wonderful place to live on
>>
yea im into fashion starter pack
>>
File: j&m mcguffey chukka.jpg (23KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
j&m mcguffey chukka.jpg
23KB, 450x250px
>>10859400
Chukka boots are much better. Their offer the same texture and color, overall a similar look, but without the faggy heel that makes you look like a tryhard fedora. Pic related is what I wear. Considering buying a backup pare in case the salt from the street permanently stains the fabric.
>>
>>10863466
You've never worn anything else nicer than sneakers, have you?
>>
File: 81wOFXOoB6L._UX575_.jpg (26KB, 575x364px) Image search: [Google]
81wOFXOoB6L._UX575_.jpg
26KB, 575x364px
Say what you will, but I like mine as (SoCal) winter everyday shoes. They're comfy, look decent with pretty much everything, and they're goretex so I can wear them in the rain without worrying about them.

Chukkas are good everyday shoes in LA in particular because they suit our weather and they're not too tall or stiff to drive in.
>>
>>10863478
Mommy and daddy never bought me all the trendiest $300 faggot boots, so sadly I'm not keen on fashion. Why, did I miss the memo? Is my opinion fundamentally wrong, or simply invalidated by my low status?
>>
>>10863488
if you think any shoe with a heel is "faggy", then you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>10863499
It is faggy and uncomfortable.
>>
>>10863488
>>10863466
you're a master ruseman
>>
>>10859407
raw denim is aesthetic though...
>>
>>10863466
Those are fucking awful. Get a job and buy some real shoes or continue to stroll around the basement in no-heel "shoes"
>>
>>10863501
Put on some real shoes nigger
>>
>>10863624
Ok Reddit guy. I have a pair of unbranded 401's they're pretty good. Real tight but they stretch.
>>
>>10863658
damn i don't have the legs for those, but they look good

raw denim as a meme, being hated on, is insane
raw denim is the only good denim, and denim can be aesthetic
>>
>>10863678
I agree. Weird to wear regular Levi's or whatever after wearing raws
>>
>>10859400
I have the exact same pair from , I love them. If you like , wear them. Don't let nobody tell you no how.
>>
>>10862521
No I'm a millennial
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.