[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats /fa/'s opinion on gauges? Disregard the emo/scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 52331a7c5322c.image.jpg (53KB, 489x638px) Image search: [Google]
52331a7c5322c.image.jpg
53KB, 489x638px
whats /fa/'s opinion on gauges? Disregard the emo/scene mentality around them and such.
>>
I've never seen them looking good.
>>
Africa looking shit
>>
effective keychains
>>
>>10853861
perfect way too see who had terrible parents, poor or otherwise
>>
>>10853861
>gauges
a gauge is a measurement of thickness, not a term for stretched ears. come on /fa/ you're better than that

I'm neutral about them. They can look like shit, or decent depending on what size they are, what the person's wearing in them, and their over all style.
>>
Here where I live only braindead retards have them. Potheads and punk wannabes.

Personally I think it's horrible looking and ruins your ears forever if the gauge is big enough.
>>
>>10853928
It's branding ones self as lower class, same as tattoos.

How to tell if a white person is lower class:
do they have plugs and/or tattoos

if yes they are lower class aka white trash
>>
small ones are p cute
>>
>>10853954

I don't mind tattoos as long as they are well made, subtle and small enough to cover them with clothes.

I don't have any tho, probably never will.
>>
>>10853926
>a gauge is a measurement of thickness, not a term for stretched ears. come on /fa/ you're better than that
fuck off you enormous fag

but yeah thats a grimy look, just end it if you've ever put a massive hole in your lobe
>>
>>10853976
U r gay

r

g
a
y
>>
File: earing.jpg (125KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
earing.jpg
125KB, 750x1000px
>>
Arent gauges supposedly start to smell after some weeks of having them?

That sounds disfusting and not /fa/ at all
>>
>>10853976
doesn't matter if you like the look or not, you should still use the proper terminology (in general) to avoid sounding like a /b/-tier teen
>>
the bigger the gauge the lower the wage
looks fucking dumb, its like the ed hardy of accessories
>>
>>10854041
whats the proper term? whenever i hear these edgy uggos talking about them thats what they call it.
nobodies going to know what the fuck youre talking about
>>
File: gauges.jpg (40KB, 322x313px) Image search: [Google]
gauges.jpg
40KB, 322x313px
>>10854061
they're just stretched ears. it makes sense that they'd call them by the wrong name though, seeing as they're probably faggot teens themselves
>>
>>10854037
i had some friends with them when i was younger. depends what the jewellery's made of. Metal and plastic tend to stink, but wood bone or stone don't. Also you're supposed to clean them every couple days or so. I'd assume just whenever you shower or whatever.
>>
>>10853861
They're degenerate and so is anyone who wears one.
>>
>>10853861
If they aren't retardedly big it's not objectionable imo. Some people get this ear cheese shit though and that's disgusting
>>
>>10855732
its like ear smeg
>>
>>10853861

I thought /fa/ is for fashion and not /fa/ggotry.
>>
>>10853861
The bigger they get the less fashionable they become. Trust me, I had 33mms in high school and regret every fucking moment of it now.
>>
>>10855750
yeah it pretty much is
Shit is nasty
>>
>>10853861
They are easily my most hated fashion trend.

Consider the following:
- Near-permanent body modification
- Generally unattractive in every possible way
- Associated with the whole emo/scene types, especially those who make bad decisions - I've seen them on plenty of gas station attendants and never on someone with an actual job requiring their brain
- Tend to produce stink and problems that requires constant upkeep

It's just a cavalcade of stupidity.
>>
>>10855756
Did your ear holes close up
>>
>>10855717
wears them, rather
>>
>>10855764
not the poster, but im guessing no. Your ear doesn't pull a deadpool and reform, after it heals from the gauge its stuck like that, it might shrink a bit but you'll always have a donut flesh hole.
>>
>>10855824
If they're not stretched very much it can close up. It would really suck to have droopy floppy earlobes
>>
>>10853954

yep.

tattoos. Non earlobe piercings. Any 'body mods'. Smoking.

all signs of the lower class, or even possible serious mental disorders.

black sheep of the upper classes sometimes emulate lower class behaviors for street cred, and thus the middle class's yearning for 'individuality'.

these people should all kindly kill themselves.
>>
they are always disgusting and there is no hope to be effay if you do this shit
>>
Got these when i was in highschool. Now they won't close and i'm at a 3/4" but i wear nice dark wood ones in them. I make 6 figures so i don't think I'm white trash.
>>
At what point would you guys say ear piercings for a girl shade over from normal (single hole in each lobe) to degeneracy (bar through the upper ear, gauges, asymmetrical bullshit)?
>>
File: 1427182526525.jpg (62KB, 452x554px) Image search: [Google]
1427182526525.jpg
62KB, 452x554px
>>10855916

"muh lower class,muh mental disorders"

geez man have you ever seen a vagina
>>
i have one lobe stretched a little bit. i think it's fine.

mind you, i also have a couple other ear piercings and my septum pierced (which is easy to hide), and i usually wear a toque, so most people don't know i have them.

also, here (which is the west coast of canada-land), a lot of people have them simply because. it's pretty common, regardless of social class.
>>
>>10853861
Any permanent fashion is stupid, IMO, but at least tattoos can be hidden under clothing. Plugs and tunnels might be cool now, but what about in 10, 20 years? You're either going to look like some middle-aged loser stuck in early 2000s fashion, or a freak with stretched out flesh hoops hanging from your ears.
>>
>>10853861

>gauges

JUST
>>
File: Capture.jpg (82KB, 897x887px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
82KB, 897x887px
Imo they can look good. I have 6mm stretches, not planning to stretch any bigger
>>
>>10856201
this looks like shit
>>
>>10855935
you are
>>
>>10853861
>disregard
How can we? The associations that come with things are part of what they are and where they sit in a cultural context. as objects/a concept though, it's interesting but I really don't think they improve the human body.
>>
>>10853861
Sheer autism. Only acceptible guages are small ones, otherwise, extreme retardation "im into bodymods"
>>
>>10853926
Wow you are a gigantic faggot please please please kill yourself holy shit...
>gayjizz measures thickness disregard tgat everone calls stretched ear jewellry, i have aspergers so i will try to appear muh intelligent when really, i have megautism
>>
>>10856537
If i was you, id kill myself
>>
>>10853954
why should someone act something they're not? It's not like someone low-class will miraculously shoot up to millionaire/high-class luxurylife every single day.

I don't get what's so inherently bad about tattoos. If you're a hollywood-level superstar you can have dicks painted on your forehead and everyone worships you.
>>
I don't really see the point in stretching your ears, the cost of giving your lobes a permanent goatse versus the actual visual appeal what you're getting out of it is too high, in my opinion.
>>
File: DSCN0009.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0009.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
I've had stretched ears since I was 16 - 2006 during the scene era. I took them out shortly and they've looked like this ever since, feels bad

You are right about how it shows poor parenting, I wish my parents had never let me do it
>>
Gauges are silly looking and emo is a fantastic genre. Listen to American Football.
>>
>>10857229
get plastic surgery
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.