[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any other good fashion boards / forums out there that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

any other good fashion boards / forums out there that aren't /fa/?

i love it here but I'm looking for more

picture not related but totally bad ass
>>
come on you fucks
>>
reddit r/streetwear
reddit r/malefashionadvice
>>
>>10848267
See the pic in this post

Don't forget to say thanks
>>
Yeah, reddit r/malefashionadvice is pretty great place for actual discussions and advice, no arguments, and no memes; but a bad layout, because I haven't learned it.
>>10850814
that's a pretty good post, thanks man
>>
>>10850785
>>10851596

holy shit, this board truly has been taken over
>>
>>10851655
It's only further downhill from here brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 624x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 624x450px
>>10851655
I can't believe someone seriously recommended mfa. Were they memeing?

HOW DO WE FIX /FA/?!?!
>>
>>10851655
>>10851758
>>10851767
>falling for bait

kek
>>
fashionspot, esp for designer fashion stuff
>>
>>10851655
the fuck? why is Reddit r/malefashionadvice bad. cuz it's reddit? don't be a sheep fuck head.
>>
>>10851788
no MFA is not bad because it's reddit, MFA is bad because it's shit.
>>
>>10851798
nice... fuck head... c'mon man why is it shit?
>>
>>10851802
because it's reddit
>>
>>10851813
haha nice. fuck people on /fa/...
>>
>>10851826

Reddit is bad because everyone there is too PC

Fashion is snobbery because by being blunt and mocking one another's bad choices you force them to either reconsider or really embrace the "IDGAF" attitude needed to actually wear clothes that don't conform.

You either follow a "core" and stick to it or do your own thing and wave your middle finger at the critics, and Reddit is only good at the first one and they only know dadcore.
>>
>>10851826
haha sick burn man, fuck this site haha!
>>
>>10851837
I know man. I got chu
>>
>>10851834
and why are you so convinced that fashion means being a prick?
>>
>>10851872
That's not what he said at all but ok.
>>
>>10851834
Yeah, but I think there's more to that, actual discussions, recent cops, and reviews, it's more than people saying fuck off with no reason cuz they got a different opinion but Reddit will give you suggestions and other stuff. I mean I go on /fa/ and MFA post on both of them, really frequently, all of my cops are because of Reddit and RiFF RAFF. Whatever man you do what you do, be happy. Reddit is good for "dadcore" and /fa/ is good for I don't know. so MFA's posts are good.
>>
>>10851900

>I mean I go on /fa/ and MFA post on both of them, really frequently

In that we differ, I come to /fa/ occasionally for laughs and in hopes of a good/original thread. I was once an "ironic troll" tripfag but gave up on that when I realized I was too private and poor to have any influence on the board.

/fa/ taught me both to pay attention and not care. I first came on here asking about cargo pants, and got nothing but troll responses and snide comments. Went to /k/, they started discussing the patterns, came back, posted a different pair of 1970's tiger stripes and suddenly /fa/ wasn't totally against them. Thus I learned, /fa/ is a collective hive mind of whoever is on at the time.

Don't take /fa/ seriously, take into consideration the good fits you see here and pick them apart. Learn what works for you and develop your own style, and learn to carry it well. Don't lie to yourself (listen to that voice calling you a "fuckboi" for wearing that teal cardigan) but don't put too much weigh on what any one person or group tells you or thinks.

Admit it, /fa/ has better fits in different styles more often than MFA. It's still shit, but it has more nuggets of gold colored corn than reddit's boards
>>
id say for a novice, reddit is much better
they have a sticky that doesnt suck and you can get beginner advice
/fa/ is good once you get the hang of it or purely for memes and shitposting
>>
>>10851834
yeah....no, everyone here are just dicks because
>MUH BOARD CULTURE

you aren't actually helping anyone
>>
The styleforum is pretty good. Less "I'm tired of cargo shorts, now what" than MFA, more focused and less insecure than /fa/
>>
>>10852013

reddit's novice advice is always get button downs bro u wear ts? get a button down bro. sure they're versatile but they aren't the end of entry level fashion
>>
>>10850814
Thanks
>>
>>10852262
I don't fuck with reddit's fashion advice. If I wanted the advice they give I'd read gq after I furiously masturbated in the pages
>>
File: Loli.jpg (2MB, 1424x1904px) Image search: [Google]
Loli.jpg
2MB, 1424x1904px
Am i the only one who likes the dickish attitudes? It also promotes people to not lie with shit like "oh yeah i like that look on you" or "that's a unique sense of style"
>>
kanyetothe basically seems to be a better version of /r/streetwear but the site's broken and you can't sign up for it which is a shame
>>
File: 03aw9.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
03aw9.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
Reddit is garbage because they can only discuss the most surface aspects of fashion, what they can see and quantify. That can be seen almost everywhere on the site, on art or music subredditw almost always the emotion, concept, more abstract thoughts are completely forgotten. This simply does not work when actually discussing creative works, if you can you're basically missing half of the picture. Other sites (/fa/ is hardly good at this either) do this better, they can look at a show or piece understand why it looks the way it does but also begin to discuss how it became to look like that and the influences that shaped it. If all you want is that surface knowledge, you want your opinions to be coddled and never seriously challenged than yeah MFA is great. In my eyes and many others this isn't an environment that stimulates that growth of anything good.
>>
any good places to discuss women's fashion?
>>
>>10851773
this is no bait my amigo
>>
>>10853011
/fa/ isn't better at all. No one dares to venture outside of the "approved" /fa/ outfits with black on black, Rick Owens (that hardly ever fits the person who wears them) and the classic middle-school core with Vans and chinos that makes fashion look nothing like an expressionistic art form.
>>
>>10853522
im not talking about the fucking WAYWT

that isnt a good representation for either community. but reddits "discussions" are actual meaningless garbage
>>
>>10853522
/fa/ is like the rest of 4chin: some gold nuggets in a pile of shit. You have to understand and accept this in order to learn from this site. I also wished there would be more explaining instead of blasting simplistic opinions, but thats how it is.
It's pretty much this
>>10851991
It helped me to be more attentive and inspired me to not be as insecure about my task and opinions
>>
>>10854270
also into-mind helped me immensely to understand fits
>>
>>10854270
it's been a long time since I've seen any gold here
>>
>>10853399
It is Senpai. I did it myself tbqh. Redditphobia is overblown
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.