[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is fashion freeing or authoritarian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_lvz774iDom1qkbtnzo1_540.jpg (62KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvz774iDom1qkbtnzo1_540.jpg
62KB, 540x719px
is fashion freeing or authoritarian?
>>
>>10850231
Depends on what you make it out to be

Do you dress how you like, or blindly follow trends`?
>>
Depends on the context
If you go to a private school with a uniform, perhaps you see your fashion as authoritarian
If you wear whatever you want and see it as key to expressing yourself, then it's clearly freeing
>>
ファッション

ファッショ
>>
fashion is art and art can be both, one or neither
>>
I think there are tastemakers (read: big fashion houses, Bowie, Yeezy) to whom fashion is freeing, and to them it's their art or whatever. also included is that one weird kid you knew in college who sews his own clothes and wore weird prints that no one else seemed to get.

but for most of us, it's authoritarian, it's buying the trends. for us, fa doesn't personally matter to us. maybe we have aesthetic choices that follow the trend of the day, but it's not freeing for us. it's getting us to the baseline of what we think we should be toward the authoritarians project. is it really freeing to buy Hermes (or Kanye/APC)'s white t-shirt with a pocket, or buying slubby denim? or is it authoritarian?

the thing is I'm mostly okay with it being authoritarian..

http://usa.hermes.com/man/ready-to-wear/t-shirts/classic-cotton/rtw-men-tshirt-24327.html
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.