[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ces (skincare makeup beauty)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: :fa:ces.jpg (46KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
:fa:ces.jpg
46KB, 500x660px
love talking about skincare and i feel much more /fa/ after getting rid of my acne. i'd be happy to share what i've learned

also let's talk about makeup and beauty shit because it makes such a huge difference in being /fa/ esp as a girl
>>
File: chrishell stubbs.jpg (71KB, 736x996px) Image search: [Google]
chrishell stubbs.jpg
71KB, 736x996px
dumping some editorial beauty looks as well
>>
File: sick lip stain.jpg (198KB, 736x1099px) Image search: [Google]
sick lip stain.jpg
198KB, 736x1099px
anyone else match their lipstick to their outfits?
>>
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>10843265
Rarely. Usually it'll be in a similar tone family but going too match can look a bit naff I reckon.

>>10843426
Why though t b h
>>
>>10843265
only match it if I'm wearing some kind of red, thus red lipstick.
>>
I never had any acne but this summer I had one single cystic acne bump and it left an hyperpigmented spot. Anyone knows how to get rid of it? I think it'll go away eventually but how much time will it take?
It's annoying, though it's near my temple so it's not really noticeable but my skin's really pale so it still stands out
>>
>>10844511
same... apparently (AHA? BHA?) acids should help, I'm now using a cleansing foam with salicyd (?) acid but I can't use anything too strong since it irritates my allergic/atopic skin

BTW, any tips for enlargened pores?
>>
List of beauty products I can absolutely recommend:

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
Estee Lauder double wear mascara (doesn't give a ~spectacula effect but it's literally the only mascara I ever used that doesn't leave black traces under my eyes even after many hours of wearing and washes off very easily)
Shiseido under eye concealer (again, no spectacular effect but good enough and looks extremely natural, not too dry, not too wet, good choice of colours for pale skin - the lightest colour in other brands is usually too dark for me but with this concealer, I actually needed the 02)

any recommendations for eyeliners? (I would like something easy to apply, durable, easy to wash off; from a brand available in Europe)
>>
>>10844524
Salicylic.
Which is a BHA. They work further into the pores and are better for blemishes.
AHAs work more on surface skin levels and are better for flaky build ups and surface dullness.

Just letting you know because you seemed unsure of which is which!

And if your skin is dry try to stay away from foams! They can make it much worse.
>>
>>10844524
Yeah I heard about that so I bought some stridex pads but I don't really notice a difference on the spot so I stopped using them daily, they are good for my nose though.
Have you always had enlarged pores? If so I don't think you'll be able to reduce them permanently but there's a technique (look for how to shrink pores fifty shades of snail on google) to shrink them temporarily.
>>
>>10844535
Gemey Maybeline's lasting drama gel eyeliner desu, it's one of the best out there and cheap too.
>>
>>10843246
>starts skincare thread
>doesn't post the pasta
>>
Can anyone recommend a warm brown toned eyebrow gel.

My natural hair colour is very neutral, ash brown and my eyebrows the exact same colour, but I have it coloured auburn and my current eyebrow products aren't cutting it and look too heavy when applied to try to warm them up.
I've got thick brows naturally so I don't want to fill in with a powder or a pencil I just want to warm up the actual hairs.
Not in the US so I can't get ahold of the anastasia fotm stuff without a lot of difficulty.
>>
>>10844571
>complains the pasta hasn't been posted
>still doesn't post it

Be the change you want to see m8y
>>
>>10844577
http://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/dipbrow-pomade-waterproof-color-brow-sculp.html

but use sparingly whatever you do
>>
>>10844602
Are you doing this on purpose.
>>
>>10844558
thank you :) I don't usually talk about make up in English, hence the confusion. I think I'll keep using the foam, as I don't have dry skin, it could be best described as mixed and pretty oily on the forehead, nose and chin

>>10844559
will look into it! My pores get better from time to time but I never noticed what really helps. It's my biggest problem with my skin, so I'm looking for a routine which would help
maybe try to get some sort of a stronger serum for your discolouration?

>>10844566
thank you! will try it out, although for a gel eyeliner I probably need a separate brush (?)

>>10844577
don't know where you live but in the Netherlands they have the Anastasia cosmetics in Douglas. I also have thick brows and dislike using coloured gels for them as they put colour even on the light small hair above the brows and make them even bushier... but I assume you already tried using "brow shadows" (idk how they are called in English)? I have a friend who can do a stunning eyebrow makeup with ordinary eyeshadows. Then you can use some colurless styling gel/wax
>>
>>10844577
I think you can also dye your eyebrows with special henna. Careful with that though as non-grayish brows tend to look unnatural even with a warm hairtone
>>
>>10844629
Yeah but the brush's included in the package. It's a tiny one though
>>
>>10843246
>/fe/ces
>>
>>10844636
I considered dying them but I've got quite fast growing brows and the idea of eyebrow roots makes me shudder! And don't worry, I know the warmer tones work well with my hair because I've been switching between a pencil and a cream eyeshadow(!) at the moment to adjust the tone since August, and the colour looks fine if it's the right shade. It's just the textures and longevity and ease of use that are annoying me currently and making me search for something new. It's much more jarring when I leave them natural.

>>10844629
Ah thanks but I'm not in the Netherlands. I'm guessing by brow shadows you mean like brow powders? I've used some and they're preferable to pencil but I used to have a cooler toned brow gel/mascara that I really liked but is no longer the right colour, so I really want to find a correct toned one of those. But thank you for your suggestions!
>>
>>10844511
is the spot a kind of darker brownish on your skin or a pinkish red?

if it's a darker spot, then you can use chemical peels (check out muac's mandelic/glycolic acid peels, or the alpha hydrox aha hydrox souffle) or vitamin c serums

for vitamin c, i use ost c21.5 which is great for general radiance, and nufountain has a vit c with ferulic acid added (which helps in stabilizing it). you need to store vit c in the fridge because it degrades with exposure to light/air and stops being useful when it does

but i also have a ton of hyperpigmented spots and if you have just the one you can probably wait 6 months or so. remember to wear sunscreen
>>
>>10844319
i do tone family too! usually darker deeper reds, cool-toned, if i'm wearing a navy blue or something.

i do lipstick by seasons, so in the summer i'll be wearing lighter/breezier clothes and more coral tones (that kind of just-bitten flushed lip look usually) instead of actual reds
>>
>>10844577
not a product tip but an application tip

i'm not sure if you already do this, but a makeup artist told me to just use a pencil/powder to line the upper edge of my eyebrow and then color down a bit, but not bring the color right up to the bottom of my eyebrow

bc most hairs point up a bit, it looks super heavy/unnatural if the bottom of the brow is as dark as the top of the brow, and at the top of the brow you can pencil in some additional color and it matches better with your eyebrow hair pattern
>>
File: red eyeshadow.jpg (39KB, 736x489px) Image search: [Google]
red eyeshadow.jpg
39KB, 736x489px
really into the idea of red eyeshadow now

whenever i try it for myself i look a little sickly but it seems fun to have such an intense effect
>>
>>10845173
I used to wear pink eyeshadow but people kept asking if I'm sick...
>>
>>10843246
isn't her the chinese girl that roasted cookie in ned declassified
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.