[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Deo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: nodeo.png (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nodeo.png
63KB, 500x500px
Alright /fa/, we've all heard of 'No Poo', but what about 'No Deo'?

Been considering this for a while now, and I think I've worked up the courage to try it for a week.

Thoughts?
>>
>>10839854
refugee core
>>
>>10839855
I'll still shower, dingus
>>
why
>>
>>10839854
DON'T DO IT. Everybody around you will hate you.

Get a stick of "Natural" or "Crystal" deoderant. It's a big hunk of alum crystal. Kills the stink-bacteria, without all the added shit of the normal stuff.
>>
File: 1335399651316.jpg (57KB, 586x438px) Image search: [Google]
1335399651316.jpg
57KB, 586x438px
>>
VERY few people can pull this off. Even if you live in temperate weather, most people, 99.9% have BO most of the time it's not detectable but you never want it to be detectable.

Smelling bad isn't good

Smelling bad isn't /fa/

Smelling bad is for poor and mormans
>>
I don't see how this could possibly work.
>>
>>10839854
i don't wear any, but i do shower every day.
people have even told me i smell nice, and for most, can't even tell.
some people can pull it off, it just depends on how bad your bo is.
>>
>>10839945
Awesome, pls give more information.

What's your age? Occupation? Body type and diet?

Are you a young, feminine boy like most of /fa/ or what?
>>
>>10839949
i work retail and manual labor (i have 2 jobs)
6 foot, lean
>>
>>10839854
Never use deo, but I've had many people tell me I smell good. I shower everyday and use Dove bodywash as well as Tresemme shampoo.
>>
>>10839959
whoops
my diet is mosty vegetables,fruit, things like hummus, bread, eggs, meat every now and then - i basically eat like a normal person.
>>
just mix baking soda with some oil.. deodorants is a scam
>>
Your body isn't going to magically stop sweating.
Anyway if your BO is fucking rank just eat better
>>
atleast nopoo gives actual benefits, this doesnt
>>
I just wear deodorant without aluminum in it. Used to sweat buckets and I kept stepping up the percentage of aluminum and then one day I just got straight deodorant without antiperspirant and I sweat much less
>>
>>10839999

Checked them quads but humans are mammals so a lot of our biochemistry is based on smell. BO can tell you things like who you should and shouldn't mate with. Obviously you don't want the social consequences of smelling like ass, but if you are healthy and stay clean you shouldn't smell that bad in the first place.
>>
I don't use deodorant. I'm vegan and exercise and shower daily. I use light cologne

5'10" 147 pretty low bf%
>>
>>10839892
I looked it up expecting a cool looking crystal rock you can carry around and just rub under pits whenever you feel like but I got disappointment instead
>>
Only works if youre Asian. Pingers haha
>>
>>10840046
>vegan
>no deodorant
>exercise

guaranteed you smell like shit but nobody will bother saying anything because if you smelled better people still wouldn't like you
>>
I don't think I "sweat" because I'm constantly cold
I guess just since I live in abvery humid climate the moisture trapped in my pits causes the body odor?

So I guess I don't actually need an antiperspirant but idk what other kind of deodorant exists

but whatsver I guess it doesnt really matter
>>
>>10840224
its not the moisture, its the bacteria that live in your pits and feed on the moisture.
hypothetically if you just splashed a shot of strong vodka on your pits every morning youd be fine, albeit you might smell a little vodka-y.
vodka with lemon is supposedly a pretty good cleaning agent too
>>
>>10840234
>vodka with lemon is supposedly a pretty good cleaning agent
can vouch for this, i work at a liquor store, we use cheap vodka to clean messes.
>>
i've used doedorant perhaps twice in my life.. shower max 2 times a week and never use cologne or anything perfumed or anything with soap either for that matter.
>not a neckbeard
>well functioning social life and i get grills
>>
>>10840234
maybe i'll just try hand sanitizer on my pits but the kind that's not supposed to dry your skin as much

mostly 'cause i'm really into using unscented things (i like to smell like just my shampoo + my natural smell without pit stank) and i can never find deodorant unscented without antiperspirant and i don't care enough to look it up but i did hear something about antiperspirant being bad for you

idk, i'll make a thread in a few weeks if it works
>>
No deo is absolutely fine as long as your diet and general health are good enough to mean your sweat isn't full of toxins.

I have sensitive skin issues and haven't worn deo since I was in my early teens. I don't smell bad at all when I do sweat, despite what autists and jealous, naturally stinky people on here will try to claim.
>>
I use a pinch of baking soda and dip my fingers in water and rub my hands together, then rub that underneath my armpits. Been doing this for about a year and it seems to work
>>
File: 450.jpg (62KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
62KB, 450x450px
>no metals and shit.
>Works amazing.
>Unscented
>free of Aluminum, gluten, artificial and animal ingredients

I bought one of these and it actually works amazing if you dont wanna smell like shitty deo mixed with nice cologne

Pretty much like not wearing deo but also you dont have to smell like shit!
>>
>>10839970
>>10839959
Thanks for the response, mate! Apologies on the slow reply.

>>10839975
This guy gets it.

>>10839986
I don't sweat that much on an average day unless I'm training so that's not a concern.

>>10839999
Nice quads. I disagree, I dig chicks' natural stench - I figure they might dig mine.
>>
>>10839854
I started using Potassium alum instead of deodorants to avoid chemical stenchs and irritations. It works really well (on feet too) and it's totally natural.
>>
>>10839854
if all i do is go on the computer should i still use deo?
>>
>>10840381
>I dig chicks' natural stench - I figure they might dig mine.
>>>/autism/
>>
>>10840415
Virgin detected
>>
>>10840373
how is it for pit stains? I have Tom's, but it's in green packaging and leaves residue like a motherfucker.
>>
>>10840440
the blue unscented leaves nothing
>>
>>10840554
Why even make the green one? Goddammmmmmmmmmmmit!

Anyways, thanks anon. Now I don't have to go no-deo like some third-worldsman.
>>
>Mfw I didnt know not using deodorant was a big deal
>do people think I smell?
>tfw another insecurity to add to my list
Also no poo
>>
>>10840002
rec something pls im in the same boat and this aluminum bullshit is laying dick in my light tops
>>
>>10839854

From someone that has spent long portions of my life without wearing any kind of deodorant or anti-perspirant, based solely on my experience and no scientific knowledge, I can tell you that you should try it.

Longest I ever went was maybe 3 months without using deodorant (showering at least once, in the morning). The first few days/week is the hardest.You will smell when you sweat, even showering daily.

I have very hairy armpits, so I trimmed these down. I showered and scrubbed myself thoroughly at least once a day, in the morning. After a while it ends up smelling just like any other part of you.

Your diet (what you put in your body) absolutely affects how badly your armpits smell. If you eat clean, you will smell clean - guaranteed.
>>
As long you stay clean and use coconut oil as deodorant
>>
>>10839986

I'm >>10840669

Sweat in itself doesn't smell.

The organisms that live on your armpit hairs, a perfect environment (humid, dark) - and the sweat that they consume - that's what smells.

You can absolutely live a 'normal' smell-free life by going without any kind of deodorant (let alone anti-perspirant, I would never use that stuff).

Whenever a person 'smells', it's because of foreign organisms feeding on the sweat and emanating smells.

I repeat: sweat in itself does not have a bad smell.

I stand that you CAN live like this, but I don't see why you would - sometimes you may not have access to ideal sanitary conditions (like, if you don't shower daily). If you eat like shit, you will smell.

I use deodorant nowadays (not anti-perspirant - the aluminium in that shit stains your whites).
>>
>>10840219
I have asked a lot of people, including many close friends who would be more than comfortable telling me if I smelled bad. I've been told by more than one person that my bo is a clean earthen smell with a hint of coconut. I don't know what a vegan who exercises did to hurt u but we're not bad people lol
>>
>tfw BO smells like weed
B-but I've never touched drugs in my life, officer
>>
>>10840680
rec deo pls
>>
File: Anthony Alcohol Free Deodorant.jpg (83KB, 653x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Anthony Alcohol Free Deodorant.jpg
83KB, 653x1500px
>>10840724

Pic related.

This is what I've used for the past couple of years.

A little more expensive that the standard supermarket-bought Axe spray but one of these lasts a while.
>>
>>10840680
Wisdom.

a/k/a: Just because you can does not mean you should
>>
>>10840669
OP here.

This is one of my concerns: I have good hygiene and all, but I eat a lot of meat since I train a fair bit. May create issues, it makes my farts pretty rank.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.