[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any one else go from dressing like shit to dressing nicer or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nwc91eapCI1t29tlqo2_1280.jpg (143KB, 747x1121px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwc91eapCI1t29tlqo2_1280.jpg
143KB, 747x1121px
any one else go from dressing like shit to dressing nicer or at least fashion cautious?

how did that transition go?

I feel like people who knew how I used to dress will think I'm trying to be something I'm not, but I just changed. and I dressed like shit before, because that was a comfort zone and just what I was used to.

pic not really related.
>>
Unless you have the money to go by a whole new set of clothes, you'll have to phase your new aesthetic in anyways.

>>10838662
Someone tell me w2c those sick pants
>>
I went from dressing like shit to trying to dress nice to just dressing however I felt like
>>
Nobody really noticed since it was a slow process..
I got bullied a lot in elementary school, my family HAD money but NEVER spent it.
So I'd wear shitty ripped hand-me-downs.

Now I'm a shoe addict who takes over an hour to piece clothes together.
>>
I started dressing better last year, and coming back home and seeing some of my high school friends, they commented that i looked good, and "kinda hipsterish." I mean, i know i put together a couple good fits, and i feel good.
>>
>>10838662
It all changed when I got a job, where wearing jeans and all casual wear was verboten. It was a choice between dressing like Office Space or actually looking good on my own terms. Fashion as survival.
>>
>>10838674
>Unless you have the money to go by a whole new set of clothes
I do though. I'm still kind of just sticking to what I know, but buying better quality products etc.
>>
>>10838662
w2c boots?
>>
>>10838679
Boom, same senpai.
>>
>>10840458
visvim
>>
>>10838662
>how did that transition go?
money came in.
>>
This kind of thread pops up very often. The answer is as simple as, nobody will care if you change your style and if they do it usually is for the better. There is literally nothing to lose (except some $$ if you don't have much) when you're dressing better. Go to the sticky and read the stuff there. Then find your own style. Tip: if you don't have a lot of expendable income, don't go crazy buying Rick or SLP before you find your style.
>>
I used to dress like shit when I was younger.
>Bald head, glasses, and pube-like goatee
>everything too big (because muh comfort)
>really wide jeans that got holes from me stomping on them with my heels (yeah, too wide and too long)
>dragons/skulls/metal band clothes

Then I wanted to just look nice, and started experimenting with help of /fa/
>light brown chinos with sand colored polo shirt
>some shit quality clothes from different malls
>more money, more better quality clothes
>moving to bigger city, realising some that I liked from /fa/ aren't "queer", just most ppl in my town dress like really angry highschoolers

I still dress mainly in hoodies/t-shirts and sport shoes (muh streetwear), but now they just fit me better, I'm more aware of what clothes flatter me, and what I want to look like. Most people don't really comment on my fits, but I remember meeting a friends ex one day in my hometown. She was like
>but anon, why did you change so much? middle age crisis?
>everyone grows up at some time (bitch, I'm 21 ffs)
>Well, you seem to changed your style, just like my dad, he's got a middle age crisis, and now he dresses really fashionable, like a celebrity
>shows me a picture of an older guy in long coat, wide pants, unfastened boots, some colorful scarf, big glasses and mustache
>yeah... cool
>I still think you shouldn't change so drastically. I'm sure there is a lot of girls that would like old anon, playing wow and all. You were really fun

For some people looking better than you used to mean you completely changed your lifestyle, and you became some kind of R9K interpretation of Chad.
>>
>>10838662
I think "wear whatever you feel comfortable in" is total bullshit. I realised it pretty late.
You need to dress good. Once you do, you automatically feel good about yourself and eventually become comfortable in fashionable clothes.
>>
>>10838662
>fashion cautious
>>
>>10838662
New school, new city. I physically left all of my graphic tees, jeans, and shitty jackets behind so I wouldn't be tempted by laziness to go back to them.

>>10840914
this this this this this
If I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie, occasionally I'll get a "that looks uncomfortable" comment, but it's all in what you're used to. I don't actually find it more relaxing to take off my tie at the end of the day because I'm so used to it being there, I just forget it's even there and take it off when I go to bed.
>>
File: 414iq5USwvL._SX342_.jpg (17KB, 342x356px) Image search: [Google]
414iq5USwvL._SX342_.jpg
17KB, 342x356px
One day when I was like 13 I found my dad's old perfecto jacket and I tried it on. I looked myself on the mirror and though 'man this jacket id fucking sick but it looks like shit on me. At this point of my life I was heavily in to thrash metal so I knew I've got to wear some skinny jeans for the jacket to feel good. Naturally I didn't have my own so I borrowed my sisters skinnies. They were dark blue but the weft was metallic gold but I didn't really give a fuck. I think I wore a Metallica t-shirt as pictured with them.
Don't remember what shoes I has but I bought white hi-tops shortly after. I really liked the thrash-metal aesthetic.
When I showed up in school with that shit on I got my first comments on my clothing. I was fucking thrilled. I thought that if I can feel this much better about myself with just dressing better it'd be fucking dumb not to do it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.