[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIYS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: uglyassdadjeans.jpg (222KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
uglyassdadjeans.jpg
222KB, 1800x1800px
extreme poorfag here, have a lot of old jeans that fit like pic. Is there any way to shrink them without paying to get them tailored? Any other DIY's you guys have done/want to do?
>>
>>10836798

you could get a job
>>
>>10836798
Run a cold bath, get into it with your jeans on and wait a couple minutes. Dry them with a hairdryer once you're out of the bath.
>>
>>10836798
Just taper them yourself? It's basic as fuck. Just youtube it.
>>
>>10836798
Well, it's not too hard to taper.

You could look up on YouTube how to do it, and/or get some help from someone you know? That's what I've done with a few of my pantZ
>>
>>10836865
kek
i have three, im just also paying my way through uni and housing rn. just can't afford to pass up free pants
>>
>>10836872
>>10836873
actually hadn't even heard of tapering them myself. thank
>>
>>10836902
>i have three
how many hours a week do you get total between the three jobs?
>>
>>10836907
around 15 at each, give or take. they're all smaller part time jobs because i need to be able to take months off for internships/research, so they don't offer me too many hours at each
>>
>>10836906
a sewing machine + thread + your time will end up costing you more than just taking a few pairs to a tailor. a machine alone will cost upwards of $100, and one that can reliably punch through denim is like $150 at minimum. unless you are serious about DIY then don't bother
>>
>>10836914
how do you manage working 45 hours a week while attending classes and getting work done? what program are you in?
>>
>>10836939
I'm still in uni so I can pull the "take it to mom" bullshit and not feel too infantile
>>
>>10836987
Right now I'm only taking two classes because it's winter break, so I can up my hours at work a little. One of the jobs is at my schools gym and another is at a coffeeshop, so my bosses know me and let me study/do work when it's slow. Other than that it kinda blows, I lose a lot of sleep and depend on my SO to help me with a lot, if I'm too busy to buy food or whatever
>>
>>10836906
>>10836939
Also, if you buy your own sewing machine sometime, buy a used industrial model or an older model. They don't make them like they used to.
>>
>>10836798
Cut them into shorts that end above your knee, leave the hem frayed. Then slice some holes with a razorblade and run them through the was for a fresh distressed look. Look up a tutorial for more in depth instructions, there are plenty.
>>
I taper my own old pants pretty often, there are a million and a half youtube videos on how to go about it
>>
>>10836939
not op, but I was lucky enough to have my mom's older sewing machine from about 2005 sitting in a closet and bought $5 of thread and was able to taper my own old pants for next to no cost
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.