[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>always wear hoodie/jeans/sneakers >be in boring relationship,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: pic related.png (591KB, 450x1077px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
591KB, 450x1077px
>always wear hoodie/jeans/sneakers
>be in boring relationship, got fat, days just go by
>decide to end this after five years

Five months passed, lost 15kg already and feel like I need to change something more than just get /fit/
I've read sticky, read /fa/ infographics, bought nice fitting chinos, jeans, shirts and cardigans
The thing I'm least sure are shoes. I've been always wearing converses/sneakers in summer and outdoor boots during winter

Pic related what I've chosen for starters, opinions?
Also how should I match footwears' color? With the belt is obvious answer but what else
>>
I personally hate this mfainfographiccore. Get taste first, then buy.
>>
>>10835771
>get taste first
But that's what I'm asking for, I've chosen these footwear, now is it good direction I'm heading
>>
>>10835771
it doesn't work that way. you get taste with experience mostly. you can a pick a style you like and pick and chose from that to see what works, but you don't just "get" taste.

seems like a safe choice OP, but, imo I would have chosen more color neutral shoes, but that's just me,
>>
>>10835780
1 and 3 look good anon

I mean 2 looks good too but you might want to vary colors
>>
>>10835762
All of them are boring OP and you'll look like everyone else. There is so much interesting shoes in high fashion, you only need search for them.
>>
>>10835800
Could you post some color neutral shoes examples?

>>10835807
Got question, what colors should I wear to match 3?
1 and 2 are obvious but sole's color makes it complicated for me

>>10835812
I'm just starting anon, told already I've been wearing hoodie my whole life
Time will come for high fashion, now I want to get basics right
>>
>>10835812
he's just starting senpai, give him a break. let him start with the boring basics and works his way up to better stuff.
>>
>>10835812

>so many interesting shoes
>ricks and ricks and some more ricks
>maybe some overprices Chelseas from slp

basically clown shoes or overpriced shit from slp
>>
CDBs are garbage anon

get Red Wing 875s for a good casual boot
>>
w2c top pair?
>>
>>10835762
You could try to match them with neutrals (grey, black, other browns, dark blue I think?, beige) and see what works best.
Then you could google search on colour schematics, there are good resusults.

I don't own any brown shoes tho.
>>
>>10836508
Tried to google it, failed. I know it's low, but could you spoonfeed me?
I'm total newfag in /fa/
>>
>>10835762

w2c top pair
>>
>>10836045
>>10836541
lurked them on zalando
>>
>>10835906
>CDBs are garbage anon
Why?
>>
>>10837566
if you try them on you will see why immediately.
>>
>>10837566

really ugly toebox/last

made in vietname with low quality leather

heavily associated with 16 year old low energy /mfa/ betas
>>
>>10839237
>really ugly toebox/last
>made in vietname with low quality leather
What if they're custom made?
>>
>>10835812
>you'll look like everyone else
/fa/ and mfa =/= everyone
Most people dress in skating or running shoes, nothing else.

And Rick Owens bullshit is not fashionable.
>>
>>10835762
What are those boots?
>>
>>10839505
the leather is shit and IIRC they can't actually be resoled

also chukkas are just fucking gross
>>
>>10835896
>>10839517
>everything that isnt mall tier is either rick owens, raf or slp
Neo-/fa/ everyone
>>
>>10840446

post those shoes which amazing then faggot
>>
>>10840499
im not even that dude who you first replied to, but there are brands that make great shoes
Ann D
Lanvin
Margiela
Alexander McQueen
Prada
Marni

but thats not even my point, my point is people like you always complain about designer fashion saying it looks stupid and unfashionable, yet you hardly even know any of the stuff that is out there, your knowledge of designer fashion literally consists of rick, raf and slp and even then your knowledge of those brands is superficial
you arent interested in fashion, you literally just aim to have the most watered down, basic clothing because you are afraid to do something different to anyone else
>>
>>10835762
Whenever you post stuff like this of /fa/ they will deride it for being dadcore or "mfa."
In real life, there is litterally nothing wrong with those things- the only flaw is that they're somewhat common, and the general goal of /fa/ fashion is to be unique based on clothing. OP, you ought to dress however you want as long as it looks relatively clean and not ugly- you ought to focus more on being an interesting person if you want people to like you.
>>
>>10835817
The thing about infographics are, they mostly cover how to look 'socially acceptable', they mostly cover contemporary casual fashion, how young adult should dress in the context of classic menswear and modern culture and environment.
And if that's all you are aiming for, those are good and you could just follow these, maybe check out reddit MFA (not joking), they'll have decent advice.
You should just think what it is what you want to do with your style and say with your clothing and go by that, /fa/ tends to shit on everything that doesn't fit their narrow as fuck view of what is trendy right now.
Sounds like you are on the right track though, keep it up!
>>
>>10835762
I'd get some combat boots (most likely cp) or black redwing postman chukkas
>>
>>10840556
>if it doesn't take extreme confidence to wear and is not flashy and outside of the norm, it must be watered down and basic
Just fucking stop.
>>
>>10835762
if you're willing to drop some dollar, grab some nice boots e.g.. Viberg, Wolverine, Grenson. But probably not Red wings (solid quality but you should go for a slimmer, lower profile boot to avoid the whole lumberjack thing). if you wanna step it up (no pun) Guidi's are something to look into, but might not be the vibe you're doing with the rest of the wardrobe (tip, it should be)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.