[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandpa passed away recently, and when i was cleaning out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG.jpg (35KB, 509x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
35KB, 509x679px
My grandpa passed away recently, and when i was cleaning out his house i found this old camo jacket. I think he would have wanted me to keep it in use. Can anyone give me some advice of clothings/colors to wear with it. I feel like its a little out there but could still be effay.
>>
>>10834651
google image search: camo jacket outfit men
>>
>>10834651
Any colours other than black and you'll run the risk of looking like just another average Joe with a camo jacket.
>>
sorta beige coloured shirt, black jeans, boots
>>
Want to wear a military jacket, OP? Join the fucking military.

If I saw you wearing this on the street and you refused to take it off I would slap the shit out of you. Tread carefully if you want to steal valor.
>>
>>10834695
>pattern not currently used by any armed forces
>stolen valor
You use that word, but it does not mean what you think it means

>>10834651
If you're going with camo, make sure that you only have one, I repeat, ONE, article of camo. It should also be the boldest thing in the outfit; everything else should be muted. Earth tones and very dark colors work best.
>>
>>10834695
calm down you goddamn autist
it's not like it says US MARINES on it, and even if it was it's a fucking handmedown
>>
>>10834695
>stolen valor faggot
you're the worst kind of human bean t.bh
>>
>>10834695
I how you're just baiting
>>
>>10834716
>>10834725
Can someone pls explain to a clueless non native speaker what's wrong with
>stolen valor
>>
>>10834745
armyfags think they own an article of clothing if it was used in the military:
m65's (camo especially), nike sfb's, etc.

because they joined to be a part of an elitist club, and stand out among civilians and by wearing it, you're taking what's "not yours" and ruining the fabric of their special club.
>>
>>10834745
Stolen valor, in short, is a civilian dressing and acting as if they have served or are currently serving in any of the armed forces.
Generally, they have little understanding of how military personally actually dress, are attention seekers, and do nothing but insult actual veterans.
However, wearing surplus military gear that is not currently in use by any military does not qualify as stolen valor, which this anon>>10834695 doesn't seem to understand.

/k/ could give you a huge rundown on it with multiple examples on how to spot them.
>>
>>10834781
Thanks anon, you're the best
>>
Is flecktarn a retired camo? I love that shit
>>
>>10834781
oh god this is the funniest fucking thing ive read in months anon thank you for this

fr tho, stfu and please chill out this pattern isnt used by any current military branch and also stolen valor only applies when the person is trying to financially benefit from his/her fake participation in the military aka claiming a military discount when youre not in the military
>>
>>10834836
who cares wear it bc its dope
>>
>>10834651
Just thrifted an olive green hoodie with the U.S.M.C logo on the chest, will I get called out for this?
>>
>>10834836
Not retired, but if you're an americlap nobody will really care
Most surplus is stuff is from 10 to 20 years ago anyway, stuff you won't find in service right now
>>
>>10834847
probably. just say you got it from a friend or family member in it, if you want.
>>
>>10834847
Nah
Just means people will judge you as somebody who honestly thinks MUHREENS OORAH are the best thing to happen to the US regardless of your actual thoughts on the matter
>>
>>10834847
>>10834856
This. They'll just think you're a fanboy.

Literally no different than wearing a sports team's hoodie.
>>
>>10834745
>stolen valor
In the US, stolen valor refers to making false claims about military service, and it is punishable by law.

However, in recent years, many veterans in the US have gotten really hypersensitive on what they believe to be stolen valor. A lot of times, what happens is military members will call out people on stupid shit, such as wearing part of a uniform that was not issued for 45 years, or wearing nike boots that are readily available on the civilian market through their website. This behavior also backfires on them, when they accuse actual service members of lying.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/06/05/the-problem-with-publicly-accusing-someone-of-stolen-valor-what-if-youre-wrong/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_imposter
>>
File: 1451325042270.gif (873KB, 425x252px) Image search: [Google]
1451325042270.gif
873KB, 425x252px
>>10834695
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450901064190.jpg (13KB, 396x315px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450901064190.jpg
13KB, 396x315px
It was your grandfathers...wear it with pride, your not doing anything wrong. It is ERDL camo used in later years of Vietnam and throughout the late 70s. Even it wasnt your grandfathers and your wearing it as long as youe not claiming service nobody can tell you what to do. Former soldier and merchant marine here.
>>
>>10834989
OP here, thank you for your words and insight to the situation, my grandfather was a good man and i intend to wear his clothing with respect.
>>
>>10834695
You sound like every freshman at my school that is a shit student and plans on joining the army.
>>
>>10834651
>>10834695
Please don't join the military OP.
>>
>>10835589
dont worry, its not for me

>>10834651
And on a related note, what do you guys think about wearing a light olive drab hoodie underneath it? To give it bulk and fit with the color?
>>
Or a o.d./foliage fleece would be cool.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.