[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a little over 250 dollars to spend on a nice pea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Jack.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
I've got a little over 250 dollars to spend on a nice pea coat, and if possible I'd rather not spend all of it.
What would be a good place to get one like Jack's wearing, with the pointed collar?
The key things I noticed about his in particular
>Slim fit
>Length barely exceeds the inseam of his trousers.
>>
File: Jack1.jpg (294KB, 976x432px) Image search: [Google]
Jack1.jpg
294KB, 976x432px
>>10830747
Hell, if you've got anything you think would go well with one, I'd wouldn't mind you sharing.
>>
File: bfi-00m-mbo.jpg (173KB, 557x447px) Image search: [Google]
bfi-00m-mbo.jpg
173KB, 557x447px
>>
File: dpeacoat.jpg (476KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dpeacoat.jpg
476KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>
try it on at an army surplus store; apparently they run small
then buy it on eBay
you'll get it for like 80 bucks
spend 10 bucks getting it altered for sleeve length
>>
>>10830747
get your measurements and get in contact with a tailor in a poor country. i made a suit in bangkok with which i am very pleased. both quality and service felt professional. i left the city without my suit leaving only my money and swedish home adress.
>>
File: redford.jpg (47KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
redford.jpg
47KB, 400x305px
>>10830889
I actually tried one on at JC Penny, and I liked the look of it. Didn't fit.
I was hoping a place that I could try on the one that I bought, or send back something that didn't fit.
>>
>>10830927
Well, there's an Indian in town who tailors, do you figure that would be close enough? It's a small store, he's got some suits, shoes, hats.
>>
>>10830948
If you care about fabric, cheap knockoffs aren't gonna be good enough
You need a sterlingwear USN standard issue peacoat cuz anything else is just inferior
>>
Armor Lux sells the official french navy ones
>>
>>10831571
They're pretty decent looking. I wish the model wasn't so stiff though, and it be nice if they'd pop the collar in one picture to so I could see how it'd look.
>>10831584
They're nice too, but the victorian buttons don't match up. Plus I'm trying to get it as soon as possible.

To be honest I'm considering having the one at JC Penny or Belk altered.
>>
>>10830948
depends on where you live. in any case, why would he sell tailor made clothes cheaper than those at the store two blocks away? if he's a tailor worth your time; he wouldn't. the point im trying to make is that there are alot of decent trustworthy tailors out there who see your money as a big sum whilst really, it isn't.

>>10831571
>cheap knockoffs
at my point in life being 21 and uneducated, i feel that a good fit for a far better price exceeds high end branding.
fabric wise, you can of course make your own demands. these tailors aren't stupid. make contact with one and if he can't get hold of the fabric you require, buy some personally and just send it to him.
>>
>>10832082
I think he's on the level. He doesn't get much business where he's at either, so I think he'd be willing to dicker anyways.
>>
>>10832082
My point is: buy milsurp and you'll get phenomenal quality and a good price
>>
>>10832304
I'd thought of it. There is a surplus store about 20 minutes from me.
>>
I have a J Crew one that's pretty good, 100% wool and fits well, about $300
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.