[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONE BALDNESS THREAD TO END THEM ALL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 38

File: istock000000491017xsmall620x350.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
istock000000491017xsmall620x350.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
Every time I get on here I see a minimum of three "I'm going bald, help me" threads, complete with a picture of an almost-full hairline.

Well, gentlemen, I present to you:

(un) --

Without further ado:

So you just noticed your receding hairline. Rather than talk to a professional, you prefer to consult the internet like the responsible person you are.

Where to start?

Step 1 would be to determine the cause of your baldness. Ask yourself the following questions:

- Do I use a lot of product in my hair?
- Are the products I use harsh?
- Do I have high testosterone, or a history of high testosterone?
- Is my family predisposed to baldness?
- Is my diet shit?

If you answered yes to questions one or two:

It may be that excessive product is blocking your hair follicles. This is easier to fix, and you may not have any immediate problems at all.

A simple solution is using tea tree oil as a topical remedy. By diluting it and massaging it into the scalp, you can unclog your follicles and release the perfectly healthy hair underneath. Do a Google search for tea tree oil remedies for hair growth. WARNING: Tea tree oil is toxic to eat, and should only be used topically. It also stings LIKE A BITCH if you get undiluted tea tree oil in your eyes, so dilute that shit before you use it and handle with care.

Results can come about in under two months.
>>
(2/3)

Alternatively, if you answered yes to questions three or four, you have you genes to thank for your hair loss. Again, it isn't the end of the world, but it typically requires more dedication than the former.

The most frequently recommended substance I've heard about on here is finasteride. It is effective for some, but buyer beware: it's not for everyone. Do your research before getting it. There are some that can have severe reactions to it, some please for the love of god talk with a doctor before you put that shit in your body.

Many people don't know how finasteride works, so I'll set the record straight. Finasteride is an antiandrogen. In plain English, that means it's a testosterone blocker. Excessive use OR extreme predisposed reaction to it can cause it to block more testosterone than desired, leading to problems like erectile dysfunction or breast growth. And finally, studies show it is only effective in about one in three men, and only after about six months of continuous use. If that still sounds like you want to try it, talk to your doctor. If not, stay the hell away.

An alternative to finasteride is spironolactone, AKA Aldactone. Like finasteride, Aldactone has antiandrogenic properties, commonly used by people such as women doing hormone replacement therapy and trans women for reducing their testosterone. It's also used more practically to treat high blood pressure. It typically packs a stronger punch than finasteride does, and also comes in higher dosages. It definitely deserves caution and once again, you MUST contact a doctor before using it. However, it has a reputation for being one of the most potent remedies for baldness around. Approach with caution, as the side effects have the potential to be much more severe than with finasteride.
>>
(3/3)
Finally, there's those of you whose baldness comes from a poor diet.

This one really isn't too complicated, so I'll keep it simple. Remember what you learned in your high school health class. Eat your green vegetables. Don't eat too much greasy, high-sodium food, fake sugar, or food with unhealthy fats. Be wary of fad diets, especially the all-liquid "cleansing" routine ones.

Do:

- Eat fish
- Eat fruits and veggies with Vitamin C
- Get plenty of iron
- Eat enough protein
- Be polite to others

Don't:

- Eat too many artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- Eat too much fast food
- Eat too much processed shit
I hope all of this can all help at least a few people out there. Please let me know if I got something wrong, or if you have something worth mentioning. Together we can keep /fa/ having beautiful hair for years to come.
>>
>>10827872

Dammit, where it says "(un) --" it was supposed to say "The Unofficial Stop-Your-Baldness Thread" in a unicode font. Thanks, 4chan, for stepping on my dreams.
>>
finasteride is the only thing that works. fuck all this natural remedy bullshit
>>
>>10827872
>high testosterone causes baldness

when will this fucking meme end
>>
File: anna.jpg (68KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
anna.jpg
68KB, 466x700px
Stop masturbating you degenerates, or accept your shiny dht filled scalp ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
>>
Can seborrheic dermatitis / severe dandruff clog up the follicles and cause something like a telogen effluvium?
>>
Isn't Finasteride a DHT blocker?
>>
>>10828579
Yes it is and it has terrible side effects, google post-finasteride syndrome.

If you're balding, just buzz that shit.
>>
>>10828587
>The most common persistent side effects of finasteride are loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety, panic attacks, Peyronie’s disease, penile shrinkage, gynecomastia, muscle atrophy, cognitive impairment, insomnia, severely dry skin and tinnitus.

zachipster in a nutshell.
>>
File: Michael_Stipe.jpg (61KB, 785x487px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Stipe.jpg
61KB, 785x487px
I'm 30 now and balding on top pretty bad these days. All six of my uncles (from both sides of my family) are completely bald so I knew it was coming eventually. I had really nice, thick hair up until was about 26 or 27 so it's a drag, but whatever.

I hope I turn into Michael Stipe when I grow up.
>>
File: bld.jpg (155KB, 675x622px) Image search: [Google]
bld.jpg
155KB, 675x622px
>>10828522
LMAO. I was an avid fapper when I was 15-20. I also started to thin at the crown area at 21. There is also baldness in my family, but they went bald at their 40's. Dunno if my masturbating affected my quicker hairloss. Now at 25, the crown is so thin that I buzz/shave my head.

Anyways, no regrets. Gotta focus on other aspects, such as fitness and education.

ALSO. I don't believe that eating habits affect hairloss, it's most likely to be affected by genetics if it's MPB.

And how in the fuck could hair products clog hair follicles? Bunch of BS I say.
>>
>>10828624
I don't think you can reach your thirties with a lot of hair and turn up bald in a couple of years tbf. Alopecia is usually quite slow.
>>
>>10828587
>>10828595
extremely rare

finasteride is v safe v well tolerated as far as pharmaceuticals go
>>
File: hair.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
if you see this post while scrolling

you have been visited by the finasteride bird of thick hair and prosperity

good luck and well-being will come to you

but only if you post 'thank you finasteride' in this thread
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
My dad was almost completely bald by 27. I'm 23 and im starting to see some major shedding. what do?
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
File: WIN_20150327_120520.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150327_120520.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>10828838
>what do?
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828855
w2c top
>>
>>10827872

Balding is all genetics

and thank you finasteride
>>
OP I think Finasteride has a way better success rate than "1 out of 3" men. More like 2 out of 3 if now more. Most people can expect to at least dramatically slow down their hair loss if not stop it in it's tracks. I would say hair regrowth from Fin alone is more "1 out of 3" men. For best results, the person should add Rogaine in.

And word to the wise, if you start to notice something about your hair (excessive shedding or thinning spots) DO SOMETHING NOW. It's always easier to maintain the hair you have then try to regrow hair.

And if you're reading this and you're on the fence with Finasteride because of sides, just give it a shot. Not everyone gets sides from it and if you hair means that much to you, you should at least give it a shot.

Best of luck.
>>
>>10828811
Always love seeing you in these threads man. Been on Fin for about a month now. Still shedding the same I was before Fin, but I feel like my hair looks healthier. Hoping just to maintain as my hair loss is very minor still.

Also, thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828991
roughly, after 10 years

4/10 men had more hair then before they started

5/10 keep all their hair

1/10 lost hair at a slower rate(mostly a lot slower, it seems only logical to assume)

in regards to long term, longer studies are yet to be released, but considering the 10 year studies showed an overall improvement compared with the five year ones, and considering finasteride's function, as well looking at anecdotes from guys who have been on fin for 15 years+, finasteride working permanently is a a pretty logical conclusion to draw imo
>>
>>10829015
That sounds about right. I may have asked you this in another thread, but when did you start noticing your results Zach?
>>
>>10828991
Thinning or shedding doesn't always amount to balding or male alopecia. It might as well be a telogen effluvium triggered by stress, season change, dermatitis or lack of specific nutrients (iron, vitamin D, zinc).
>>
>>10829029
finasteride typically works very quickly

noticeable results after a month, decent results after 3

kinda weird to think how bald id be now without fin
>>
>>10829039
* i had noticeable results...
>>
>>10829040
How old are you?
>>
>>10829052
problem with being bald is

you become defined by your baldness

this guy is a 'bald hipster' before anything else
>>
>>10829053

22 when i started
>>
whats the difference between minox and fin? I want to try out fin but minoxidil is much muchc heaper
>>
>>10829031
It could, but 90% of the time it is MPB. Especially if you're noticing thinning at the hairline and crown.
>>
>>10829076
>90% of the time

[citation needed]
>>
>>10829070
Minox is a growth stimulant. It will help you grow hair, but won't stop DHT (the hormone that mainly causes hair loss) and you'll slowly lose ground.

Finasteride blocks DHT. It should at worst slow down your hair loss if not stop it for quite a while. If you want to keep your hair, I highly recommend this. It is possible to see some regrowth with just Fin alone but it's good to add minox for the best results. Also if your hair loss is still very minor, I would recommend just using Fin for a year, and see where you at are before adding Minox.
>>
>>10829070
minox is just a growth stimulant

why it actually works as a growth stimulant is not well understood

what is known though is that it never works permanently, and basically just provides a superficial thickening effect for a few months, and after that you begin losing hair at exactly the same rate as if you had never started taking it...and so end up bald

fin tackles the underlying cause of baldness, and works seemingly permanently, finasteride also perhaps maintains the 'supericial' regrowth of minox, and curiously even if you were to stop taking minox, but i wouldnt bank on this
>>
I noticed about a month ago that my hair has thinned out quite a bit on my crown. But I'm in my mid thirties so I think I'll just let it go. Also it gives me a good reason to keep my beard.
>>
>>10829070
fin works more on the cause of hairloss on the hormone level and minox works on the effect in the supply of the hair-follicel

i use minox for some years now and it might slow down thinning but it wont stop it. it lets you keep weaker hair.
i use only 0,3 ml per day because im afraid of side effects. I also use biotin but i don't know if it helps anything.
I've read best results are achieved with a combination of fin and minox.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10829092
>what is known though is that it never works permanently, and basically just provides a superficial thickening effect for a few months, and after that you begin losing hair at exactly the same rate as if you had never started taking it...and so end up bald

Wrong, as long as you use minoxidil you won't lose the hair you gained. And the fact that its effects will reverse when the treatment will be stopped is true for fina too.

>>10829070
If you want to try minoxidil you should give it at least 1 year to see how it works for you.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (47KB, 580x444px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
47KB, 580x444px
>>10829473
>Wrong, as long as you use minoxidil you won't lose the hair you gained
no u wrong

minoxidil monotherapy inevitably fails
>>
>>10829039
Do you have pics of your hairline before and after fina?

I mean, not a pic like this >>10828811, but one with your hair pulled behind so you can clearly see the hairline
>>
Can not using shampoo make you go bald?
I haven't used any for 6 months and my hair is looking healthy
>>
>>10829486
You know that pic alone doesn't mean much.
>>
>>10827931
>implying diet , stress and hygiene of life is not going to affect how we look
even if you have mpb it's gonna slow it down
>thinking that medicines will cure everything
>>
>>10828631
not really there is people that can go from nw1 to nw7 in 6 months and others that take them 30 years easy
>>
>>10829500
All minox alone does is provide an extra "offset of growth", and balding continues on its merry way

this is backed up by numerous studies online go look it up
>>
>>10829505
its going to affect how bald you are a negligible amount
>>
>>10827872
Well just from your post i can know there is alot of things you don't know but i want to ask guys i noticed some hair loss like not in the soak or whatever but just everytime i run my fingers throught my hair there were like 3 - 4 hairs falling everytime and once there were like 15 hairs at the same time I FREAKED OUT i did go to a derm , he kept pulling my hair and checking it without a microscope and he told me i naturally had a widows peak and i just noticed it ( checked old and it's true) , that there was alot of hair everytime i run my fingers throught my hair because i don't brush it and they were probably old hairs , that i shouldn't wear a bennie ( like i was when i was there) because of the vitamin D , also a soft telogen effluvium ? she prescribed me 9 months of minoxidil and told me to get my blood checked up because i told her i had untreated anemia .
The problem i don't really trust him because i have very short hair that is falling ? like it's as thick and dark as my normal hair but just very short ? and from what i read on forums about hair loss it's the typical thing for a guy that mpb .
>>
>>10829545
If you don't really touch your hair all day, it may be normal to lose that (remember most people lose 50-100 hairs a day). Post pictures of your hair line, scalp (top of head) and back of head. We can give you advice.
>>
>>
File: image2.png (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image2.png
214KB, 640x480px
Well after looking at the pictures now at least i'm pretty sure i have mpb mfw too young to go buzzcut
>>
File: image1.png (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
165KB, 640x480px
well at least i'm already using minox since 4 weeks
>>
>>10829602
Can you post better pictures without a hat on? Take one of the top of your head and back too.
>>
File: image5.png (234KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image5.png
234KB, 640x480px
i don't have a pic of my crown but i checked it 1 month ago and it's full
>>
File: 2.jpg (57KB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
57KB, 236x244px
just shave it all off niqqa
>>
File: G.jpg (883KB, 1905x1921px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
883KB, 1905x1921px
>hair is perfectly okay in summer
>notice thinning top at the end of august
>now can't grow my hair even to this
>>
>>10829645
i never had long hair because i had strict parents and it's my first time growing it out this long and i just started balding :')
>>
>>10829629
Honestly from what I can see you look fine, just keep an eye on your hair. Take pictures of your hairline and crown every few months in the same conditions (lighting, angle, etc) and compare. Best of luck.
>>
>>10829521
That is true, but you made it sound basically useless in your previous post. Several people have been maintaining their hairline with only minox for years, of course if the balding is particularly aggressive minox won't do much, but as long as you stay on it it will definitely help keeping the hair it helps growing.
>>
>>10829651

Also, I feel lots of hard prickly hair in thinning areas. I-is it regrowth?
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 1036x1506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 1036x1506px
Confidence restored
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10827981
Err... DHT (a derivative of testosterone) is the literal cause of male pattern baldness. It attacks your hair follicles. Read a book.
>>
Anyone ever gotten a hair restoration surgery?
>>
As someone who has suffered from hair loss for like 5 years and no one in his family is bald I think it is almost safe to say that my diet has to do a lot with it, I've always been 5-8 pounds below my ideal weight since i was a child (im twenty years old now) so my hopes are that now that I've a nutritionist this will go away, and if it stays, well, I'm ready to deal with it.

Really informative post by the way, anon.
>>
is it worth continuing on minox if i'm also on fin? been on minox for a couple years already.
>>
>>10829926
only if your hair follicles are genetically susceptible.

read a book.
>>
A word of caution on those ready to jump on the fin train:

"A 2015 meta analysis found none of the clinical trials had adequate safety reporting and did not provide sufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride's treatment of hairloss. The study concluded the existing clinical trials of finasteride for hair loss provide very limited information on toxicity,are of poor quality, and seem to be systematically biased toward under detection of adverse events. Moreover, the trials submitted to the FDA for approval for hair loss excluded most men who would normally be prescribed finasteride for androgenic alopecia."
>>
>>10829979
Yeah, definitely.
>>
fin gives you cancer and ed, and you shed all your hair gains immediately once you stop taking it

dont listen to the paid shills
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
What about stuff like vit e or d, or biotin + ALA's, or fish oils

I hear those are supposed to be great for hair loss/ regrowth
>>
>>10829852
What the fuck? I've seen pics like these (less extreme) but is that really where the hairline is supposed to be?

If it is I'm absolutely fucked
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
i have long hair for 10 years since 15
some periods over the year they drop like crazy
but at this point i honstly dont give a fuck
nothing is visible yet and everytime i ask the guy who cuts my hair he says its all good
if it happens ill go full bouncer mode. gym like crazy and a beard
i think its the only way
>>
I have a bit of hair loss going on in the front right now. mostly because of a shitty diet for weight loss I did for half a year.

it still hasn't grown back. I eat normally and take vitamin and mineral supplements to fill up my depot but it's not really helping so far. going to a dermatology doctor soon.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10829509
>from nw1 to nw7 in 6 months

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>10828595
topkek
>>
>>10832625
lol

none of that is fin's fault
>>
>be ugly fat guy
>have beautiful mane of hair

i pity you baldies
>>
File: ceasro.jpg (379KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
ceasro.jpg
379KB, 642x722px
oh also my advice to bald guys is to get swole, stop posting on fa and post on fit, having a greek god body will distract from your bald head
>>
>>10832700
lol no, that look is such a cliche

if u for whatever reason decide to bald better of going stick thin and being scary auschwitz mode
>>
The pharmaceutical industry is pouring billions into a baldness cure.

Can you imagine the riches of whoever gets the breakthrough? It'll be like boner pills x1000.
>>
>>10832800
well finasteride is a pretty sound prevention, i'm not sure we're going to have anything else better for a long, long time.

to be honest though the sooner the better, finasteride for me really is just a way of holding with my hair intact until something that doesnt lower your dht levels comes along. not that dht is all that important in adult males, but id like to be able to grow a beard one day perhaps(if you cant grow a full one already, you probs never will whilst on fin, as dht acts in the opposite way at ever hair follicle that isnt on the top of the head)
>>
>>10832831

Have you lost any body hair while taking fin?
>>
>>10831424
they won't hurt but they'll have minimal, if any, effect on regrowth
>>
>>10832894
no but i havnt got any hairier either
>>
>>10832831
>i'm not sure we're going to have anything else better for a long, long time.

Industry people are banking on a big breakthrough in 5-10 years.

It's going to be the most profitable treatment in the history of pharmaceuticals. Look at Viagra. Within 24 hours of it's release Pfizer's stock had doubled in price. Doctors wrote 25 million prescriptions for it that first year alone. Pfizer still clears $4,000,000,000 per year and this is 18 years after Viagra.
>>
Has any of you tried checking out the "Rebuild Hair Program"?
I got linked to some guy shilling it on his site, it's some e-book for 30$ but I managed to find a torrent despite not even balding. If anyone's interested in trying it out I can send a link of the torrent.
>>
>>10831762
Nope that's a juvenille hairline for a person that have a square one , everyone hairline is different but that's the ideal i think u know like zayn his hairline is veryyyy low but it recede as we age even if we don't have mpb it's called a mature hairline
>>
>>10832800
>>10833072
https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/20674-Baldness-cure-on-the-market-by-2018-!!
https://globalcosmeticsnews.com/asia-australasia/1544/shiseido-claims-to-have-found-a-cure-for-baldness-available-from-2018
JUST ANOTHER 2 YEARS
>>
>>10833158
you have been visited by glorious nippon fairy of science advance.

reply "ty based japan" in this thread and full hair will come to you.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride

But for real though, I started losing hair at 16 and managed to hold on to everything but my hairline thanks to finasteride.
>>
>>10831762
Jesus of course not. Go outside and look at real people every once in a while.
>>
File: hairline.jpg (453KB, 1973x400px) Image search: [Google]
hairline.jpg
453KB, 1973x400px
>>10833141

>be 26
>still have 'juvenile hairline'

not sure if blessing or curse. absolutely no sign of balding (either hair line or hair thickness/volume).
>>
>tfw the last hair from my original hairline fell out. It was easily 3/4 of a centimeter lower than where it is now.
>>
>>10828811
thanks you finasteride
>>
>tfw 19 and already balding

kill me
>>
>another batch of finasteride came in the mail today
HAHA, time for impotence
actually no. fucking fountain of youth. i love this shit. got to work yesterday and realized i forgot to take the pill. quickly drove back home. i couldn't concentrate without my fin.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10833832
what a great time to be alive
>>
>>10833450
we have exactly the same hairline, even have the baby hairs too

feels good man
>>
>>10833852
hi i love you. i looked more carefully now at the picture you posted and i think you have better hair than me, damn. when i put it up like that one can see that my left temple is thinner than the right one. fucking hairy dude problems.
>>
File: dailyreminder.jpg (92KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
dailyreminder.jpg
92KB, 300x400px
daily reminder that you should not 'just shave it bro'

daily reminder that confidence cant run frame a face

daily reminder that a girl cant run her fingers through confidence

daily reminder that finasteride is a highly safe and effective drug

daily reminder that there is no reason to at least not try fin

daily reminder that going bald is a death sentence unless youre in the top 0.00002% of male attractiveness

daily reminder that women detest bald men

daily reminder that muscles wont compensate and youll just be a walking cliched gay wet dream

daily reminder that there is no reason to be a bald alien in the year 2016
>>
>>10827883
source on aspartame being bad for your hair?
my dad drank diet coke (tabxtra) until his teeth rot up and still has a full head at 60
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
>'thank you finasteride'
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>tfw notice hairline reduction at 17
>tfw worse at 18
>tfw big ears to top it off
I'm fucked honestly, been growing my hair out so my ears don't look as goofy but I can only imagine how ridiculous I look without it.
>>
>>10833450
>>be 26
you're probably not going bald and if you do it's gonna be late in lfe
>>
File: anna kendrick laugh.jpg (835KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
anna kendrick laugh.jpg
835KB, 1500x1000px
What is with the people shilling for pharmaceuticals? It happens in every single baldness thread. I'm going bald and I'm never taking that shit.
>>
>>10835957
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Agony/1230955/
>>
>>10835975
lol that made me spit out my coffee

baldies when will they learn
>>
File: 1385103005070.jpg (82KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1385103005070.jpg
82KB, 768x1024px
Would fin work on me
>>
>>10828855
I got some of that, we'll see if it works
>>
>>10828811
>thank you finasteride
>>
Thank you finasteride

Tfw n o fin shill bf
>>
>>10836052
fin saves all
>>
>>10827883
>Do:
>- Be polite to others
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride

>>10833450
that just looks like a widow's peak, I have one too but just sharper and goes a bit lower. Same baby hairs on the sides though
>>
>>10833906
how much per post
>>
>>10836683
they pay me in fin

one pill a post
>>
>>10835957
This.

It is just one of those things that I have accepted.
>>
>>10833450
mature hairline > juvenile hairline >>>>>>>>>>>> balding
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
Are people just trolling when they say "shill"?

Fin is available as a generic now. Who exactly would pay somebody to post for the off chance of selling a few pills in one of the lowest traffic boards on 4chan?

If you believe shilling is real you're dumb as fuck and probably balding too.
>>
>>10828811
i miss you zach ;(
>>
File: fug.png (2MB, 6386x706px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
2MB, 6386x706px
hairline one year study :')

famm history: dad, relatively thick hair into late 50s, only recently started receding. mum side - bald granddad (;_;)

should i get on fin? should i get on minox? should i kill myself?
replies apprecaited. yes i have posted this before.
>>
>>10837082
ah jeeez i see so many of these guys with slightly receding hairline but very thick, resilient looking hair beyond that

i reckon youre gonna be fine for a LONG time, youre not a diffuse thinner like i was

get on fin if youre feeling vain, and cant bare the thought of your hairline receding any further, which i wouldnt blame
>>
File: elliott.jpg (59KB, 634x586px) Image search: [Google]
elliott.jpg
59KB, 634x586px
>>10837070
just 2 sincere for that whatsapp shit desu
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10836052
Post a picture of your hairline (with your head down). It would def keep your hair where it's at if not regrow a little. But honestly I think you would look pretty handsome bald with a thick beard no homo.
>>
>>10837082
You're like a NW 2. If you feel like you're losing a lot of hair a day (like in the shower, when styling, all over places you work, etc) then I would. If not, maybe just keep watching it.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
I have been on fin and minox for about 1.5 years.
Hairloss has TOTALLY stopped, and i have gotten mild regrowth... The shitty part is, the hair you lost most recently comes back FAR faster than the shit you lost first, so for the past ~8 months i have had faster-growing scraggly thick hairs maybe 0.5cm away from my original hairline, with more regrowth along my current hairline... So it kinda looks odd and extra care needs to be made when getting a haircut.

Also, you DEFF. need to get a haircut every4-6 weeks, as the hair that isnt thining also gets a boost in growth...The hair on the top of my crown maybe grows half an inch each month. The hair on the side grows atleast 3/4, and maybe even 1 full inch in the same period. I keep my hair relativly short(7 on the top, 3 on the sides. I tried doing a full 3 all over, but the hair on the top still isnt quite thick enough without it looking off. 2 years ago before i started the meds i had accidentally gotten a 4 on the top and I legit looked bald because of how thin and un-spars the hairs were, so shit is getting better)

Cost is also kinda annoying. Each month of treatment(finn and minox) is around $25.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10837947
any sides?
>>
>>10837983
Yeah, actually.. I do have a hard time keeping an erection. Getting off is still just as easy, but actually getting hard takes more stimulation.

I'm a gay guy, so its not as big a problem.
>>
>>10827872
>>10827877
>>10827883

Yeah, we really needed a reddit tripfag going on a self-important rant about balding panic, which is essentially the height of insecurity.

Yeah, we could freak out and do a bunch of broscience research, or we could just shave our heads and be /fa/ about the whole thing, which basically consists in not giving a fuck, or, pretending not to care until you actually don't care.

>>10833906
This and all of your other posts are weapons-grade faggotry

Do something better with your life
>>
>>10837947
When did you notice a decrease in shedding? I'm about a month into Fin and my shedding is still the same pre-Fin
>>
>>10837947
Also, do you mind posting a before and after picture? Looking for some inspiration.
>>
>>10838018
around month 2 or 3.
Its comes and goes in phases. I would only notice it when shampooing my hair at the end of the day. I would literally count 40+ hairs(and obviously i was losing more through out the day)
After 2 months of finn and minox, it was maybe one or 2 while shampooing.

Like i said, i'm in a shedding phase now. Its something i like, since it proves the meds are working(if i was noting hair lose and my hairline was NOT moving forward, then it would freak me out... but there is noticeable positive change if i made a concerted effort to look, every few weeks. I can actually see faint hairs all along my original hairline now... As they 'phase' into the proper growth system, it'll look better.)
>>
>>10838023
Sorry, no pics. Its also not really significant compared to other people who have posted in other threads. But its deff. worth the $$$ and weaker erections, imo. I'm 28 now. Started at 26, and noticed hairloss around 19. Had i jumped on the meds earlier id be a lot better off.
If its something you're on the fence about, keep in mind that the time it takes to lose the hair is a fraction of what it takes to grow back. 1 year of hair lose will probably take 2 years of meds AFTER the initial 9 months of your body adjusting to them(which you cant really fairly judge until its passed)
>>
>>10838040
>>10838058
Thank you for replying man. I'm glad you had success. So far my hair loss is still fairly minor (I'm like a NW 2 with thinning in the crown), I noticed my hairline was going to shit like a year ago but I didn't do anything about it. Then I started noticing how I was losing like 50 hairs in the shower and a lot of hairs throughout my day. Looked into Fin about 2 months ago and got on it last month. As long as I can keep the hair I have and thicken up some of the thinning areas I'll be happy. I'm also using min and Nizoral.
>>
File: comfyas.png (167KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
comfyas.png
167KB, 636x426px
>Balding is a spiritual trial. As every single strand abandon your skull the soul gradually deteriorate. Ultimately the sufferer is reduced to a feral ghoul. A grim creature devoid of humanity is all that will be left.

who /comfyfinasterideusingneethere/
>>
>>10838114
Are you actually neet
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>2016
>BEING BALD
>BELIEVING LE MYTH OF THE FINASTERIDE SIDE
>BELIEVING THAT FIN ISNT A HIGHLY SAFE AND EFFECTIVE DRUG
>NOT TAKING FIN
>BEING A BALD AND UGLY ALIEN
>ATTEMPTING TO IMPLY THAT YOURE GONNA GET MUSCLES TO COMPENSATE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK
>BEING A BALD ALIEN
>IMPLYING WOMEN DONT DETEST BALD
MEN
>IMPLYING I WILL EVER EXPERIENCE A SINGLE FINASTERIDE SIDE
>IMPLYING I WONT KEEP MY HAIR FOR LIFE
>IMPLYING BEING BALD ISNT A DEATH SENTENCE UNELESS YOURE IN THE TOP 0.0000000000000000000000000000002% OF MALE ATTRACTIVENESS
>IMPLYING THERES ANYTHING WORSE THAN BALDNESS EXCEPT DEATH
>IMPLYING YOUR EXPENSIVE CLOTHES WILL MAKE UP FOR YOUR SHINY HEAD
>>
>>10838114
If anything balding is a trial of spiritual growth by judging how much attachment you place in your hair and "looking good". It's why monks shave their heads, it's a sign of rejection of the normal human world.
>>
>>10838176
go away baldie
>>
>>10838192
Are you a neet tho senpai answer the q
>>
File: neet.jpg (161KB, 1437x908px) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
161KB, 1437x908px
>>10838209
yes of course i am a neet

i spend 10% of my neetbux on finasteride, and 90% on alcohol

will never have a job. will never go bald. literally the perfect life
>>
>>10838222
>literally the perfect life
except the part where you never have a gf or get to travel to interesting places
>>10838192
I have a full head of hair, I just came to say your hairline is shit and it's silly you've made an identity around your popping of anti-testosterone pills like some fucking tranny.
>>
>>10838232
>muh travelling
lol r u serious
>>
>>10838232
and lol finasteride raises testosterone levels
>>
>>10838258
you're such a fucking loser, why anyone would take your advice is a mystery.

Balding fags of /fa/, go talk to a doctor or a dermatologist about this shit instead of a degenerate NEET.
>>
>>10838282
lol y u mad

i am the certified /fa/ hairloss doctor

my knowledge is almost unparalleled, being a neet i have ample time to read up on such matters

now tell me, are you
a baldie
awagie,
a ragie wagie
a rowdy baldy
or all of the above?

btw i hope u have fun in thailand this year u 'travelling' nu-male balding cuck
>>
>>10838232
>or get to travel to interesting places
lol nigga u gay
>>
>>10838317
You suck so fucking hard.
>>
File: its ovr.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
its ovr.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
>>10838317
>>10838222

r9k tier

jeez man
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
File: img1452815926127.jpg (808KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
img1452815926127.jpg
808KB, 960x960px
Finally got surgery. It was painful im the begining but I'll be getting less thining now. Results will show in 6 to 8 months. :)
>>
>>10838493
thank you thank you finasteride
>>
>>10838542
>allowing your head to be mutilated and scarred
>not just taking fin instead
i seriously WHY you dont do this
>>
>>10838542
If you're in it for the long haul, you should only consider a transplant after being on fin for over a year or 2. After you get the surgery you MUST go on finn anyway(or else you'll lose the hairs around the transplants anyway, which is 1000x worse than being legit bald since everyone can see you're a shallow fuck with hairplugs now) so you might as well save all the viable hairs you have and try to sprout new ones to mitigate the cost/pain of the surgery(each hair graft is something like $5-10)

Also, in the next 2 years, there might be a huge breakthrough that helps you avoid havign the gross half-moon scar on the back of your head(or maybe a legit cure)
>>
>>10837947
>price of 3 drinks to literally maintain good looks
>expensive

jesus
>>
>>10838615 here
Also worth mentioning the human head only has ~100, 000 hairs. Unless your taking hair from somewhere else(and thus getting frizzy, slower growth) you're just playing a shell game. Way smarter to try to regrow your own hair... even if it costs more in the long run and forces you to do annoying treatments(though honestly, 2 minox applications are maybe 1 minute out of my day)
>>
>>10838114
I supported you until the neet shit.
>>
>>10838617
$300 a year isnt unsubstantial for all people... esp. when that $300 is expected to be paid for the next ~20 years(though with inflation and other drug prices, odds are it'll be going up)
>>
>>10838634
ragie wagie
>>
File: img.jpg (18KB, 236x331px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
18KB, 236x331px
I think a line needs to be drawn in the sand between baldcucks and the follically empowered

this is not just an aesthetic issue, but also one of genetic superiority, we cannot allow any further in 2016 no less, the intermingling of the 2 species.

even those who take medical enhancements through transplants and drugs should not be allowed to deceive the follically dominant, they cannot be allowed to be considered on equal footing

this includes baldcucks such a zachipster, for all the good his use of generic prescriptions of pharmaceuticals (lol poorboi), he is still and always will be spiritually a baldlet, indeed it is his genetic destiny.

this is a turning point for /fa/, what kind of a board is it going to be in 2016 and beyond, one which adheres to strict aesthetic principles, or a breeding ground for the genetically defective and aesthetically defunct
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
Thank you finasteride
>>
File: dog-comfy2.jpg (39KB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
dog-comfy2.jpg
39KB, 450x268px
>>10838639
forgot my pic

*'yawnnnnnn* represents what im going to do tomorrow until about 11am tomorrow though. then ill probably go for a neet bike ride before perfecting my rendition of mozart's requiem. after that some early evening jiu-jit-siu patterns catch-up is probably in order, maybe ill rustle some yam soufflé also. who knows though really; after all i do have all the time in the world. one things for sure though, it will all be done with a full of hair

you should probably get some sleep baldie, i hear it might be cold tomorrow, you might have have to get up extra early to defrost your car, no being late now wagie run along tick tock
>>
I'm 21 in a month and I've always had a pretty big forehead which makes my natural widow's peak make it look like I'm balding.

Except...in the last few months (as in the end of the summer) I've noticed that I'm actually balding.

I don't eat fast food/processed shit all the time - lots of starch, dairy and salt but mostly homecooked cheap meals (college student). I've been under somewhat heavy stress with my degree, but I recently got on adderall to help my focus and reduce anxiety. My father isn't balding, but my grandfather looks pretty thin up top in his late 60's.

But here's the thing that might be weird: my head itches, like a lot. It goes away for quite a while (most of the day) after I use shampoo with salicylic acid, but I've long suspected that I had some kinda weird scalp psoriasis or some shit.

Is it possible that I'm scratching my hair out in my sleep? What do, /r9k/

I'm sorry if I'm kind of spewing words - I've felt really shitty about this for the last few months and I've never seen a 4chan thread where people actually talk about it. I actually have been prescribed finestride and it's sitting at CVS waiting for me to drop $55 on it, but I'm scared that it won't work and that it'll just fuck me up with post-finestride syndrome.

Any input would be appreciated.
>>
>>10839576
An itchy scalp is a common thing with MPB.

Also why are you paying $55 for Finasteride? You can get the 30 generics at most major drug stores for like $9 it's a part of that big "medicine for everyone" shit. Post pictures of your hairline and crown. Personally I would get the medicine a shot, once you lose the hair it will be very hard to grow it back.
>>
>>10839576

Oh, one more thing - I smoke weed a lot. Probably a bowl and a spliff every night. Is marijuana conclusively linked to hair loss?

>>10839608
I have no clue. Can you send me a link showing the meds that cheap? That was the quote that CVS gave me.

Pictures will be forthcoming. Let me take them real quick.
>>
>>10839617
I couldn't find it on CVS list, could you possible get your script sent to either Walmart or Target?

It's under "Men's Health"
http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/genericdruglist.pdf

My insurance covered it (because it's for "prostate") so it costs me like $4 for 3 months worth.
>>
>>10839647
Walgreens also has it (Under "Other")

http://www.walgreens.com/images/psc/pdf/PSC_2_0_VPG_List_FINAL_32312.pdf
>>
File: image2.jpg (178KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
178KB, 640x1136px
>>10839647
>>10839651
>>10839608

Sorry for the pics right off of my iPhone. Thanks for your help.

Christ, it's worse than I'd realized. Again - I'm 20 and I don't think genetics are to blame, although they certainly aren't helping.
>>
File: image1.jpg (163KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
163KB, 640x1136px
>>10839662

>>10839662

Picture two, of my hairline. Note: before this all started happening I had my hair cut in that kind of short on the sides long on top parted on the left style, combed over. So I kind of have a thick combover going. It kinda works usually, but it's pretty embarrassing when it doesn't.
>>
>>10839666
>>10839662
Yeah anon, I would def get on Finasteride. I would also start using Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo (the Big 3). You're young so you will def get good results from it.

And do be honest weed wouldn't have anything to do with it, it's your genetics. I'm losing my hair early too it sucks I know (I'm 22). But the sooner you start using these meds, the better chance of saving/regrowing your hair you'll get. This is a site that has a lot of good information about hair loss, products and a good forum for advice.

http://hairlosstalk.com/
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10839666
Can you feel the Bern?
>>
>>10832772
dude go outside
>>
>>10833924
stuff that is bad for your hair is only really bad for your hair if you are susceptible to baldness

like a normal guy could eat mcdonalds every day of his life and not go bald but a guy with balding gene would go bald probably three times as quickly if he did this
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10838150
>uses successful, masculine yet almost totally bald man as reaction picture
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10838150
Lol you have an incisive way with words
>>
>>10839662
Ur pretty fked

I would get on dut and 15% minor nuke that abomination you call a head
>>
File: oculuskit.png (3MB, 1525x1495px) Image search: [Google]
oculuskit.png
3MB, 1525x1495px
>Have hairline receding at 21
>Be depressed about it
>consider talking to doctor about finasteride but decide against it because already poor as fuck and can't afford to waste money on something that might not work and might give me nasty side effects.
>Remember girls don't even like me with hair, so hairline doesn't matter.
>feel slightly better

I'm just hoping some affordable breakthrough comes through in the next few years. Otherwise, I'll just shave it and deal with it.
>>
Can we get this thread stickied?
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
What about other treatments? Nizoral, Alopecin, those special shampoos, diet supplements...

Also, thank you, finasteride.
>>
>>10840135
why not just shave it right now?
>>
>>10840302
Because it still looks acceptable, the corners have just receded, and I want to enjoy hair while I can.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10837099
Yeah there are a lot of those out there. Its weird, because I always considered a thinning and receding combo more typical.
>>
>>10838665
I'm not bald. I'm on based fin. Also you're trying too hard now.
>>
>>10839576
My scalp stopped itching after starting fin.
>>
File: 5566877.jpg (92KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
5566877.jpg
92KB, 640x1136px
>>10839662
>>
>>10841259
yeah i was veryrry drunk there
>>
Have men always started balding this early (in their early 20s)? I thought that this shit doesn't start til like you're at least 40 for most men
>>
>>10841291
Yeah, but what happens is most men don't catch it until it's kind of too late. Some men don't really realize it until they're like NW 3s. For the most part the process is pretty slow (takes like 10-20 years to go full bald in most cases).
>>
>>10829651
fuuuck my hair is exactly like this.
I'm not ready to be a chrome dome at 20. :/
>>
File: finasteride.jpg (27KB, 354x322px) Image search: [Google]
finasteride.jpg
27KB, 354x322px
How many of you are on Finn?

Has it worked?

Side effects?
>>
Are they really coming up with a cure in 2 years?
>>
>>10842266
I've been on it for a month. So far no sides and my shedding has decreased a lot
>>
>>10842266
I've been on it for 7 years with zero sides. I guess it works. My hair might be a little thinner than when I started, and my hairline got a little worse before settling where it is now, but most of my hair is still on my head so I guess that counts as working.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10842378
Would you say your thinning happened over time or all at once? Did you use Rogaine at all?
>>
>>10842626
Started with Rogaine, added finasteride, then stopped Rogaine. The thinning happened overtime, and in a way its still happening. I had one hair left where my original hairline used to be and I just lost it in December. But I'm not bald by any measure so its fine.
>>
>>10842637
Thank you for replying, did you get any regrowth?
>>
>>10842662
Not sure. I kinda just maintained what I had left, which was most of my hair minus a normal hairline. Its a little thin in the back too by the way, but it doesn't bother me. Every time I mention these things to people they say I'm not balding at all, so I just let it slide.
>>
File: very sad froggy.png (553KB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
very sad froggy.png
553KB, 2560x2489px
>hair dry and brittle all the time
>falls out when i run my hand through it
>itches all the time

what should i do lads? should i just bite the bullet and give fin a go?

im only 21, i dont wanna be bald by 30

fuckkkkk my genes
>>
>>10842739
Yes
>>
>>10832700
doing finasteride is safer that steroids.
>>
/sci/ med fag here, one thing I've not noticed in all the shilling...

examine some of these hairs that are coming out. If the hair loss is biologically normal you should see a "root" at one end.

If there is no root it may be a sign of something more serious, eg., cancer
>>
>>10842958
/sci/ - medicine. since fuckin when? go back to talking about atheism and maths.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10842958
Fuck off MPB causes hairs to have shorter growing cycles aka still have the bulb on it
>>
>>10843025
What you should be looking for is hairs that are lighter in color aka being attacked by DHT
>>
File: bt14.035.jpg (179KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bt14.035.jpg
179KB, 1280x800px
>>10843025

MPB is not a disease, dumbass, it is biologically normal.

No bulb = pathological
>>
>>10843034

Hairs come in lots of color though
>>
File: Alucard Capeless.jpg (72KB, 433x799px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard Capeless.jpg
72KB, 433x799px
I'm a cute dude with longish beautiful sunshine hair.

Would Fin help me grow my hair at a faster rate? I just want to be prettier. Would use it if it helps growth rate.

I honestly don't have any serious hair loss. I'm just impatient I guess.
>>
>>10843244
Nah I wouldn't use it if you actually don't have hair loss. Take biotin instead.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank your finasteride
>>
>>10828811
thank you finesteride

Going to try to get a prescription from my college's health center docs. Wish me luck, I can't afford to see a dermatologist
>>
>buy 30 5mg fin online for $10
>split it into fifths
>take one EOD
>basically pay $10 a year to keep my hair
>no sides

Why are people going bald in the year 2016? It is literally these easy.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
> tfw been on fin + min for 4 months
> almost back to juvenile hairline
> hair looks great
> penis still works (jacked off twice today)
> hair starting to come in past my original hairline
> tfw fin + min have given me a better hairline than I started with
>>
>>10842739
there is no bullet to bite fin is a great drug desu. It has also been theorized that it helps skin aging and has been proven to reduce risk of prostate cancer. wonder drug imo all males over 20 should be prescribed.
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10836368
hey guy,hold on, do you want to go bald so bad?
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10843061
It's a disease of the spirit. as each strand of hair leaves the head, the soul gradually deteriorates. A feral ghoul is all that remains .
>>
>>10844336

Baldcuck begone! you're kind can find no shelter at this hearth!
>>
>>10843555
where do you get it this cheap?

1mg is enough for having beautiful hair again?
>>
>>10843555
wtf is EOD?
>>
File: 1401558505098.jpg (193KB, 1125x850px) Image search: [Google]
1401558505098.jpg
193KB, 1125x850px
>caring about balding
fags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY&t=1m18s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY&t=2m52s
>>
jesus christ is 90% of /fa/ on finasteride?

fuck you all
>>
>>10844848
i hope so

i do try my best
>>
>>10844657
Every Other Day, I assume.
>>
>>10844855

hows the job hunt ya bigcuckold?
>>
>>10844895
going to teach english in bogata, colombia next month ;))
>>
>>10828811
thank you finasteride
>>
>>10844895
*bogota
lol

gonna have to take a fatload of fin
>>
>>10844899

lol pull the other one

begone psychospiritual baldlet
>>
>>10844947
come again?
>>
>>10836052
what the fuck are you doing man buzz it mongoloid alien ass
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.