[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to tell if a site is legit? ("dcotrade")

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: Barbour-SteveMcQueen-Sunblast.jpg (114KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Barbour-SteveMcQueen-Sunblast.jpg
114KB, 1000x1200px
This may or may not be your thing, /fa/, but I don't really know who else to ask. I came across a website and I can't tell if it's legit or not.

I was reading up on waxed cotton jackets, particularly the classic Belstaff. That led me to Barbour jackets, which I'd never heard of before. Then that led me to this website that seems too good to be true: dcotrade.com.

The site seems to mostly be offering older styles, I see 2013 North Face and 2014 Barbour jackets, for example. The prices are excellent if these are legit products. Significantly lower than used prices on Ebay.

The suspicious part is the Canada Goose logo in the top, left. Also, the WHOIS data on the domain name returns all Chinese contacts, but what do I know, maybe manufacturers dump old product to Chinese distributors? I have no idea.

Is the Chinese knock-off industry so strong that they produce this wide a variety of brands? And they'd put this much effort into a website? I mean, this site is better built than 3/4 of legit US clothing websites.

Google returns no useful results for this site, and the automated "trust" sites say it just came on line at the end of 2015.

What do you think?
>>
Cringe
>>
>>10821380

What?

I'm not interested in fashion advice. I want to know what /fa/ knows about counterfeit and scammer sites in the clothing market.
>>
>>10821394
Its definitely fake, there is no way that items can be priced like this.
>>
>>10821412

Why not? If they're 2013 and 2014 old stock then it seems reasonable.
>>
>>10821417
Buy whatever you want but don't ask for advice if you aren't gonna listen to it
Barbour has very few stockists so unless they're listed on the site as an authorized dealer you're looking at fakes
Oh and they have information about spotting fakes so it actually is a problem
>>
>>10821417
They have this on their website

http://www.dcotrade.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2958
>>
>>10821432
>Buy whatever you want but don't ask for advice if you aren't gonna listen to it

So challenging an opinion is not listening now, eh?

>>10821434

I don't know what that is or why it's relevant.
>>
>>10821440
Not him but it should be pretty obvious why its relevant innit

louis vuitton print on fucking timberlands buddy its a bit fake
>>
>>10821315
OP I live in northern England where Barbour comes from, here (and the rest of the UK) Barbour is HUGE and is a VERY counterfeited product, there's a huge demand so older styles are never cheap. This is definitely a fake. Your best option would be to look through eBay for a second band one, for this sort of thing it's not such a big deal. You will never find an old Barbour jacket marked down by much because they're timeless and they appeal to the middle aged who aren't concerned with things going out of fashion anyway, meaning there's no reason for significant mark downs
>>
>>10821453
>louis vuitton print on fucking timberlands buddy its a bit fake

Thank you for the clarification. I don't know anything about L.V. and wouldn't recognize their "print" if I saw it.
>>
>>10821440
It isn't an opinion dude
Barbour keeps their stick limited to only a handful of stores
In America, you can only buy it at Orvis and at a handful of boutiques. Everything else is fake. That alone should tell you how likely it is for your site to be completed crap
Canada Goose is even harder to get. I've never even seen it at a retail store before

Also the belfort (along with the rest of their made in England jackets) never goes on sale, ever
So that alone should be a red flag
>>
>>10821454

Interesting, thanks.

I've read that Barbour and Belstaff are both just fashion brands now. I don't know if that's true or not. I think I read that Belstaff was sold to an Italian company, and they're all much lighter weight materials now.

I've also read that Barbour was originally a hunting clothing brand, and was never as well built as Belstaff.
>>
I'm not sure if this guy is trolling or not.
>>
>>10821464
>It isn't an opinion dude

Really?

>>10821412
>Its definitely fake, there is no way that items can be priced like this.

No, that's most certainly an opinion.

Everything else you wrote is also opinion. Product will *always* find uncontrolled outlets.
>>
>>10821467
Barbour is the butt of a lot of jokes about heritage/dandy/menswear on /fa/ so tread lightly and just get an MA1 instead
>>
>>10821467
Eh, none of that is really true. Both brands make very good quality jackets. Generally older england made stuff is great. Barbour happened to come into mainsteam fashion two or three years ago when everyone was wearing quilted jackets so I think they made some cheaper stuff but they're still a good buy.
If you're absolutely strapped for cash then but a second hand one (look at you're options carefully as per usual with ebay) , but if you like this sort of thing then a brand new one would make a good long term investment
>>
>>10821473
Considering the material list, the country of origin, and the fact that it's a flagship jacket, you won't find it at a steep discount unless it's fakes.
They don't go on sale. In fact, they sell out and can sometimes only be available on backorder

Lol like Camber stuff has a three month waiting list, regardless of what you read on the internet
>>
>>10821473
Dude when are random ass little websites that sell big brands at discount prices ever a good idea?
This is obvious bullshit to anyone who isn't desperate to believe it's legit but go ahead and give the chink bootlegger your cash, don't come crying to us when you realise you've been duped
>>
Oh and the sizing doesn't match up with how Barbour sizes their products
They don't use XS-XXL like American brands do (by the way where are the sizing charts)
>>
File: BarbourSizing.png (196KB, 825x790px) Image search: [Google]
BarbourSizing.png
196KB, 825x790px
>>10821474
>just get an MA1 instead

For what, skinhead cosplay? No thanks.

>>10821486
>Eh, none of that is really true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belstaff

>The company is now Italian-owned and based in Mogliano Veneto.

>>10821490

Interesting, thanks.

>>10821498

Uninteresting. It's like you don't understand that I created this thread because I doubt the legitimacy of the site. Go away.

>>10821507
>They don't use XS-XXL like American brands do

They provide American sizing equivalents everywhere that I've seen a Barbour listed.
>>
http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education
>>
>>10821473
I hope you are trolling and not actually mentally disabled. These are all highly sought after brands that often maintain close relationships with their dealers. Most of these items rarely go on sale and even if they do, they wont end up on some chinese site since these brand monitor their stock.
>>
>>10821545
As opposed to 1880s Harris tweed'd fox hunting cosplay?

My point is that the website you're considering spending money on isn't using any of the images/text from Barbour's press kits, which is, again, a big red flag
>>
>>10821566
Barbour international is shit quality and does occasionally not sell at all
I picked up a White Mountaineering parka at their retail store in Chicago for like half off and the staff said I was the first person who had purchased it.
>>
>>10821545
>Uninteresting. It's like you don't understand that I created this thread because I doubt the legitimacy of the site
Did you even read my post? How about this: you're a fucking idiot if you think this is legit. Please go ahead and order this shit, be sure to report back; I can't wait to laugh at your autistic ass
>>
>>10821588
Anybody with autism would have better sense than to buy fakes from China
This guy has a personality disorder and shit taste
>>
>>10821566
>I hope you are trolling and not actually mentally disabled.

Why are you so angry?

>they wont end up on some chinese site since these brand monitor their stock.

Like I said earlier, product will *always* find its way out of controlled channels.

The Gore company only sells Gore-Tex fabric to companies who provide their end product for testing by Gore itself. They don't want their name associated with poorly constructed brands.

Yet I can mosey on down to The Rain Shed in Corvallis, Oregon and occasionally find Gore-Tex in stock. How? Because product will *always* find its way out of controlled channels.
>>
>>10821588
>Did you even read my post? How about this: you're a fucking idiot if you think this is legit.

Again, it's like you don't understand that I created this thread because I doubt the legitimacy of the site.

I think you might want to see a shrink about your irrational anger issues.

Incidentally, I don't even have any plans to order any Barbour product. I just happened to be researching waxed cotton jackets, and came across this site.
>>
>>10821583
Im not specifically talking about barbour, which is cheap compared to other brands on the site, like moncler for example.
>>
>maybe manufacturers dump old product to Chinese distributors?
No.
>Is the Chinese knock-off industry so strong that they produce this wide a variety of brands?
Yes.
>>
>>10821609
You want that shitty Barbour jacket when you have immediate access to a Polartec dealer? Dude please get the fuck out of here you clearly don't belong
>>
>>10821617
I should because I'm actually infuriated at how stupid you are. You came asking if we think the site is fake. We say yes and you get passive aggressive and tell us we don't understand. What the fuck so you actually want from this thread because you don't seem to want an honest opinion
>>
>>10821627
>Polartec dealer?

Who said anything about Polartec?

And why do you seem to assume I would want to sew my own Gore-Tex jacket rather than buy a waxed cotton jacket? They're utterly dissimilar.
>>
File: 1358596589467.png (80KB, 236x288px) Image search: [Google]
1358596589467.png
80KB, 236x288px
>>10821417
>New old stock "Significantly lower than used prices on Ebay" seems reasonable
>>
>>10821624
My mom said that Chinese factory workers buy sewing equipment and make their own knockoffs to sell on Etsy, and that the quality is the exact same
That'd be cool to exploit, especially if someone is knocking out men's jackets. But I've never looked on Etsy before
>>
File: 1451079685283.jpg (32KB, 502x556px) Image search: [Google]
1451079685283.jpg
32KB, 502x556px
Op it's legit buy it, I have bought there many times and can confirm that it is legit, dont listen to the memes you just gotta bite the bullet
>>
>>10821643
It's a phenomenal fabric company and you're lucky to live near a dealer
>>
>>10821637
>We say yes and you get passive aggressive

No I didn't.

>and tell us we don't understand

Show me where I said anything of the sort.

>you don't seem to want an honest opinion

I don't think you've even read the thread.

>>10821644

>implying Ebay sellers don't list items at inflated prices

If you start actively following prices on items, you'd be *shocked* at how often things sell for inflated prices on Fleabay. I've known people who literally drove to the local store, bought random items, then listed and sold them on Ebay for a profit.
>>
>>10821647
Third shift counterfeits are even a problem in America with stuff made here

Poorly paid factory staff making a high end product - counterfeits
>>
>>10821647
>>10821665
>Third shift

I've heard the term "ghost shift". You can buy a product that is literally identical to the real thing, but it's technically counterfeit.
>>
>>10821663
Are you legitimately insane? You just told me in two posts that I didn't understand
>>10821617
>>10821545
>>
>>10821647
>le counterfeits are made in le same factory
your mother's a whore
>>
>>10821683
No my point is that you can get fake Zara and H&M shit for like 1/3 the price made by the same factory workers and for way less
>>
File: 1451232335645.jpg (22KB, 426x333px) Image search: [Google]
1451232335645.jpg
22KB, 426x333px
>>10821663
lmao op is actually retarded
amazing
Reminds me of all those threads of people asking if hififnk is good then getting butthurt and going on damage control because they dont get the answer they want
>>
>>10821683
http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/01/8375455/index.htm

It's a political issue, when people say they don't like outsourcing one of the reasons is this

Liberals are quick to shout racism or nationalism/anti-global commerce

But liberals have such a shallow understanding of their firm belifs its illogical to argue with them
>>
>>10821680
>You just told me in two posts that I didn't understand

Do you not understand English? I wrote:

> it's like you don't understand that I created this thread because I doubt the legitimacy of the site.

You're railing on me for not doubting the site, yet the reason I created the post is because I doubted it.

I don't know what's wrong with you, but please go find something else to do and stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>10821703

Why are you guy so butthurt at anyone questioning your opinions and conjecture? Are you kids completely incapable of dealing with any kind of dissent?
>>
OP, is there ANY reason why this website would be legit? $2000 moncler jackets for $200, it just not possible.
>>
>>10821835
That's your opinion, man
It's last season it seems totally reasonable
>>
>>10821798
>>10821811
You're easily the biggest idiot I've seen on this board so far in 2016
>is the site fake
>the site is fake
>NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND YOU ARE BUTTBURT
honestly, leave
>>
File: 3605e076_1380855801009.jpg (6KB, 172x149px) Image search: [Google]
3605e076_1380855801009.jpg
6KB, 172x149px
>>10821844
Go on and order then
>>
>>10821850

You are easily the most mentally unstable poster I've seen across 4chan in 2016.

Go tell your mommy that someone cyber-bullied you by not simply accepting your overly-broad statements it face value.
>>
>>10821863
We need a sarcasm html tag cuz I guess it didn't come off how I hoped
>>
>>10821871
Email Barbour and ask if the site is legit
Post a screenshot when you're done
>>
>>10821844

Your bait is showing
>>
>>10821871
I'm mentally unstable? Your posts across this thread have been contradictory and downright insane in parts, it's impossible to have a conversion with you because you just ignore what people are saying to you and answer things you make up in your head.
There is also no point in your thread given that you're not accepting any negative side of the answer. So since you don't want to listen to anyone because of your juvenile attitude all I can say is order the jacket and find out for yourself
>>
This thread is fucking comedy gold. The reason I keep coming back to /fa/
>>
Lmao abandon thread senpai
>>
OP is a fucking lunatic. This is hilarious.
>>
File: 1448966102195.jpg (210KB, 633x823px) Image search: [Google]
1448966102195.jpg
210KB, 633x823px
>>10821811
I can't tell if OP is a master ruseman or an actual madman
>>
>this thread

And I thought my bipolar is bad, goddamn at least I don't lose my cyber cool when I yell at people who I asked for help in the first place with.

>OP: "I doubt the legitimacy of this site."
>people in this thread "Yeah that's probably fake."
>OPINION, IRRATIONAL, ANGER ISSUES, OVERLY-BROAD

seriously family what do you really want with this board.
>>
>>10821948
I want OP to post fits with his fake heritage shit
And for his tears to ruin the fake patina
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.