[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money do you have right now? What are you going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: Barcelona_Chair.jpg (36KB, 468x470px) Image search: [Google]
Barcelona_Chair.jpg
36KB, 468x470px
How much money do you have right now?

What are you going to buy next?

>tfw i will never have enough to buy this chair because i spend it all on Saint Laurent
>>
File: tumblr_nwl9ghPbrG1tdp71lo1_1280.jpg (79KB, 800x1068px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwl9ghPbrG1tdp71lo1_1280.jpg
79KB, 800x1068px
pic related. need another 500 to get it
>>
Not much, spent a lot on sales
looking to get margiela future lows in black or a jil sander/lemaire wool coat
>>
File: 1460.jpg (2MB, 2819x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1460.jpg
2MB, 2819x3000px
>>10819578
broke college kid with not much more than a grand to spend freely
probably some cheap boots
or chuck 2s to replace my dying vans
>>
>>10819614
also going to be selling 2 pairs of shoes and some video games i bought willynilly last semester and played for a week or two, and a textbook
so the money will come in
>>
>>10819578
My parents have this chair, pretty nice but nothing special imo.
>>
File: 13482_l.jpg (190KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
13482_l.jpg
190KB, 1000x662px
>>10819623
>nothing special
>implying
>>
I have $400. I'm going to pay my phone bill, buy a train ticket
>>
>>10819646
to where anon
>>
>>10819623

They probably have a fake chair because they spend all their money on your boipussy.
>>
>>10819642
I mean as far as comfort, it's dope af looking tho.
>>10819669
this boipussy ain't freeee
>>
>>10819578
>probably some cheap boots
right now i have like 30 dollars going to buy a khaki t shirt
>>
I have around 500k sitting in a frozen bank account. Its a long story but I inherited a good chunk of it from a dead aunt and I was falsely accused of fraudulence. Tbqh I keep buying clothes tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
I need $300 more and im a teen with no job. Also not willing to suck a dick.
>>
>>10819578

~$65k

Gonna place an order on a MTM overcoat at the end of this month.
>>
>>10819723
location?
>>
>>10819783

Just curious, why MTM over a specific designer?

Unless you have a specific MTM house in mind.
>>
>>10819723
i'm soon selling the b/w colorway in 43 for 500 euros
let me know if you're interested they are barely worn because they are 2 sizes too big on me and i already cut the tag
>>
>>10819786
Nor Cal why?
>>
>>10819823
Im a size 39 on these. Fit a size big on me
>>
>>10819827
too bad

good luck man
>>
File: Hestra.jpg (111KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hestra.jpg
111KB, 640x640px
>>10819790
The overcoats that I see available in stores are usually not that good-looking and they're mostly your usual plain navy/brown/grey - more suitable for business and not casual events.

I'd like something that fits both casual occasions and something that I could wear to work. I also want something that is completely unconstructed for a really soft and comfortable feel, high armholes for maximum movement and wide lapels because skinny ones are quite gay.

I'm also a skinnyfat manlet, so finding my size in RTW before it gets sold out isn't that easy.
>>
>>10819578
Have two of these chairs in my house. Are they special?
>>
>>10819578
About $600 and spending 400 on Ann D shoes cause I'm gonna get a job soon.
>>
fuckin almost nothing, cocaine is too expensive
>>
>>10821080
amps are cheaper, try that instead.
>>
>>10819825
Wanna suck dick? (:
>>
Fresh college grad with a job

Got about 15k in savings, several thousands put away in a 401k, car paid off, nice urban apartment, and quite a lot in assets.

Just bought some v rare Geos, so no Idea what I want next.
>>
>>10821165
That sounds like a good feel, desu.
>>
>>10819653
anywhere
>>
>>10819578

Three thousand euros worth of student loan.

Probably a Topman tier jacket and some T Shirts off eBay. And an Ikea spree.
>>
>>10819595
are you buying at retail? you can get brand new/almost new ones for 800-1300
>>
>>10821515
post link

yes i would have to pay retail at their store in berlin
>>
>>10819880
shut the fuck up
>>
>>10819614
>broke college kid
>$1000 for clothing
Have you even worked a day in your life?
>>
>>10821521
what size are you? they pop up on grailed pretty often, and im sure on saint laurent facebook groups but I don't use those
>>
>>10821543

thanks i'll see if i can get a used one
>>
>>10821543
found one on grailed and it's pretty much retail

meh i'd rather get it at the store, try it on first and make sure everything on it is correct
>>
>>10821531
being broke is subjective
>>
~$3300? in my bank account, but I gotta pay for my jacket soon so it'll be like $2400 or so.

Probably going to buy a pair of pods, or if a friend of mine comes through I may get hi & low ramones together for like $1200 :^)
>>
>>10819595
a haircut or a tattoo
>>
>>10821477
It is.

Just waiting for spring season to see what comes next. Most likely gonna cop some plane tix.
>>
>>10819578
Checking account has like 10k? But I have mortgage, food, electric, fucking time warner coming up and all the car notes plus student loan payment.

Probably the ex girlfriend coming over to "borrow" some cash because she is totally good for it...personally I just watching the decline in her health from the drug abuse

So I'll be pennyless at the 31st
>>
only 12k in the bank
making a little over 2k a month
raped by student loans every month
just getting by

i buy nice things and then feel guilty
>>
>>10821599
in the us its $2390 retail, forgot about that. if you dont want to wait around for one to pop up for close to a grand (listed price is always higher than what the seller will take btw) then just get it in store i guess
>>
>>10819578
Barcelona chairs are beautiful (and more comfortable than your average modernist chair) but there's SO many bad imitations of it it's crazy. Buy Knoll, preferably vintage and already broken in...
>>
>>10821487
Don't stop believin''
>>
>broke
>not much more than a grand to spend freely

please tell me you are self aware at how ridiculous you sound right now
>>
>>10821898
There are some knock offs that are nicer than the current day license like the modernica fiberglass chairs from eames Herman Miller does the ptfe cast bases

Or like the kartell ghost chair the original is more prone to scratches since it is made out of polycarbonate and the knock offs use acetate, a more natural form of plastic little more clear less prone to scratches more prone to shattering from impact (like knocking it against a table), chipping, and hairline cracks over the years.

But then you also get instances of shit like the steelcase pollck executive chair...which knoll turned a shitty design I to a classic used on fucking madmen

The polluck wasn't a nice chair until about the late 70s
>>
>>10821759
>raped by student loans every month

>>10821754
>plus student loan payment

>>10821492
>student loan

holy shit I got paid ~$450/month while I was studying for 5 years. loans? more like lmaos
>>
>>10822167
That's fair. I'd argue that many italian repros of the Wassily chair are better than buying new licensed ones as well.

I remember Starck saying in an interview somewhere that the ghost chair will be hard to reproduce in the future because the nature of plastics will change. Interesting how the history of modern(ist) furnuture is essentially a study in industrial capabilities.
>>
>>10822129
You're not taking into consideration that they live for free in their parents' basements.
>>
>>10822167
>There are some knock offs that are nicer than the current day license like the modernica fiberglass chairs from eames Herman Miller does the ptfe cast bases
Agreed entirely.

I actually considered purchasing some real Herman Miller shit - an Eames chair, don't judge me I'm a basic bitch deep down - before realizing that the knockoffs at 10% of the price were of roughly the same quality. There were some areas where there was obviously less attention paid (the Herman Miller cushioning is a lot softer out-of-the box whereas the replica takes time to soften, the leather is obviously marginally better, etc.) but I can't see it being worth paying that much more. It was kinda embarrassing when comparing the two in-person in a store.
>>
>>10822209
My undergrad was basically free

I had to pay for maybe the last year and a half maybe

But there are no real grants or scholarships at the post grad level unless you're like from Compton and are like the illegitimate child of like Dr. King or some shit. An average dude in Cali....gotta go into debt

Basically a new Lexus every 6 months was tuition
>>
>>10822374
I'm guessing you bought from vitra?

But yeah
>>
>>10822374
Guessing you bought from vitra? Knockoffs who pay for licenses basically haha

But yeah undecided early on to get the real shit, not licensed reproductions from Herman Miller...like track down the real stuff from 1966 and have it restored.

Kind of autist and lame but whatever its a hobby
>>
>>10822695
I don't think you can shit on people for buying repros of design classics. Most people won't know the difference (and won't care if you tell them). The only criteria is whether you can live with it. Plycraft did some really good knockoffs, better and stronger than the originals, and some shit tier ones. And buying broken models and restoring them is the best of all, because you're putting your own care into the piece. Just like getting a dress or coat tailored.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.