[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Look at Mirror 7/10 >Take pic of self 2/10 Can someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1450553559274.png (137KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
1450553559274.png
137KB, 500x325px
>Look at Mirror 7/10
>Take pic of self 2/10

Can someone please explain this to me? Is this some sort of optical illusion? Maybe I'm just so accustomed to seeing myself this way? Can I be attractive? Can i trust mirrors? BTW yes I know I'm a faggot and pathetic but goddamit I'm doing it...because of her.
>>
>look in mirror 7/10
>take pic 10/10

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>10818138
Not helpful
>>
>>10818177
Something something distorting lenses

At least that's what I've been told and I'll keep believe it so as not to hurt my self esteem
>>
File: 1447252901398.jpg (64KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1447252901398.jpg
64KB, 480x608px
>>10818137
You're unaccustomed to your face when it's not being mirrored.

You don't move in a picture.

It's hard to look natural in a picture when you're not accustomed to doing so. Added to this, looking natural is not even the optimal way to portray yourself in pictures, posing is. Posing correctly is something that some people do for a living.

You have bad self-image.

Cheap mirrors, crooked walls distort the image you see of yourself.

Looking in a mirror means you focus on other things than when you look at a picture of yourself.

If you suck at taking pictures, you're going to fuck up the lighting a lot. Not to mention all the other shit that can go wrong.

So essentially, you're never going to see how you really look, because of factors both internal and external to yourself. All you can do is gather as much reference as you can and make an approximation. Why don't you drag someone in front of a mirror and compare the mirror image to the actual person. Same goes for a picture. Afterwards, try to compensate for the distortion of that specific mirror when you construct an image of yourself in your head. That's somewhat how you really look.

Also stop doing pathetic shit "because of her", it's not going to bode well for you. Do stuff because it'll be beneficial
>for you.
>>
>>10818181
I want to believe something similar. Girls have called me cute (maybe my awkward personality) but nothing to grab specifically "her" attention.
>>
>>10818230
how to pose for pic
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 450x450px
>>10818272
>>
File: tumblr_mueu8qzVJV1sc7m2yo1_500.gif (634KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mueu8qzVJV1sc7m2yo1_500.gif
634KB, 500x334px
This GIF pretty much explains it.

Your camera has a different focal length compared to your eye, plus you're used to seeing yourself as a series of images in motion, not a singular one. Cameras also interpret light, exposure and white balance different to the human eye.

Focal length is also why people frequently look fatter photographed from further away.
>>
File: 1435267511527.jpg (321KB, 1064x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1435267511527.jpg
321KB, 1064x1600px
>>10818272
Are you serious?

Start with maintaining a good posture. It'll improve the way you pose immensely.

>how to maintain good posture
Exercise, practice, actively being aware of how your standing so that you may correct it. The fucking book on head balancing thing isn't done to death for nothing.
>>
>>10818137
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tractatus_Logico-Philosophicus
>>
>>10818304
posture is ez bc i lift
what do I do with my face tho, do I smile directly at the lens?
>>
>>10818447
Are you OP? Because if so, you're completely missing the point of >>10818230. It's about constructing a self image that's actually useful, since both pictures and mirrors don't portray perfectly.

If you're not OP. Do you smile a lot in daily life? Are you capable of smiling naturally in front of a camera? If not, try to smile more, until it feels natural to do so by default. Until then, try to use an expression that doesn't feel forced, as it shows in the picture. Same goes for eye contact, do you look people in the eyes, then look into the lens. If not, then look slightly past it. Until you're able to maintain eye contact.

Posing is part acting in the sense that you need to temporarily fool yourself into believing what you want others to read in your facial expression.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.