[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa, Britbong here. I'm writing my dissertation on fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (88KB, 900x718px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
88KB, 900x718px
Hey /fa, Britbong here.
I'm writing my dissertation on fashion in Iran and the fact that it mimics western fashion, despite Iran itself being under Sharia Law and vanity being banned under Islam. My current case study is a website devoted to different styles of cosmetic noses, but I think it really limits me. I was wondering if anyone has any examples of Iranian fashion magazines from the last 5 years or so? Thanks, /fa.

Pic related, it's from an Iranian version of vogue printed in 1979.
>>
File: 1452277906881.jpg (62KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452277906881.jpg
62KB, 700x700px
>>10815725
Yfw the rise of militant Islam has ruined a once /fa/ country
>>
>>10815753
All other are self explanatory. What exactly is jihad and how does a knife represent it?
>>
Sounds really interesting. Wish I could help. Good luck though.
>>
>>10815725
alluha akbar :^)
>>
>>10815753
>implying you couldn't simply replace this with christianity

Xenophobia is not /fa/
>>
>>10815852
well actually you probably couldnt
>>
Sorry to say this isn't the place for reasoned discussion OP. I don't think /fa/ can help you with your dissertation. If anyone knows of a better forum with less memeing and cucking, I'm all ears
>>
>>10815927
Yeah you're probably right. I was thinking maybe /lit...
>>
File: colorfull sari.jpg (69KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
colorfull sari.jpg
69KB, 200x400px
>>10815725

If you go on interpals you may be able to find some Iranians who can help you, I doubt /fa/ has folders of Islamic western fashion.

Good luck
>>
>>10815952
This is super far fetched but this is a program about (among other things) exactly that. It's in danish, but some of it is english.
They talk about fashion at some, gonna zap through it, see if I can find it for you. I have no idea if you can view it, though.

https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/anne-anders-tilbage-til-roedderne/anne-anders-tilbage-til-roedderne-iran#!/
>>
>>10816000
Actually, come to think of it, this is probably totally useless for you, I mean you're living there, you could just as well stick your head outta the window lol.
>>
>>10816000
... But it's 1:10:00, if you're interested.
>>
>>10816009
I think you may have misunderstood - I live in London, so this probably super helpful.

Fuck yeah, /fa. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>10815725
>I'm writing my dissertation on fashion in Iran and the fact that it mimics western fashion

Can't you just step outside and do this kind of homework instead of asking here?
>>
>>10816035
Yeah, to an extent I can but unfortunately my own opinions are not as important as other people's academia.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (154KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
154KB, 750x750px
>>10815887
Pedophilia: Tons of pedophile priests in catholicism
Rape: Martial rape and family rape (child molestation) are all over the western world
Burning people alive: Witch-hunts
Hostage taking: Every western country did that at war
Honour killings: All over the place in the west, we just call them "drama"
Slavery: obviously USA
Oppression of Women: All over the place a few decades ago
Jihad: Crusades, modern crusades and crimes against civilian populations by US soldiers (literally google "US soldiers rape in Iraq"), or pic related

Hope you learned some introspection.
>>
>>10816490
> Christianity has evolved past the era when people were burned alone and beheaded back in the middle ages
> Islam hasn't

Kill urself my man
>>
>>10816490
>Pedophilia: Tons of pedophile priests in catholicism
and look at everyone who is pissed about it
>Rape: Martial rape and family rape (child molestation) are all over the western world
committed by muslims sweden
>Burning people alive: Witch-hunts
stopped doing hundreds of years ago
>Hostage taking: Every western country did that at war
gee water boarding or locked in a cage and set on fire?
>Honour killings: All over the place in the west, we just call them "drama"
lol no faggot
>Slavery: obviously USA
cry more jamal white christians were the first to outlaw slavery, niggers and muzzies still do it.
>Oppression of Women: All over the place a few decades ago
once again name a nonwhite/ christian nation where women have equal rights
>Jihad: Crusades, modern crusades and crimes against civilian populations by US soldiers (literally google "US soldiers rape in Iraq"), or pic related
Crusades were a defensive war in retaliation to MASSIVE muslim conquest in north africa and spain, jesus are you literally fucking retarded?
>>
>>10816490
Yet Islam is achieving this all in one go on a massive scale
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.