[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with Painting metal eyelets black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: silver.jpg (44KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
44KB, 1000x1334px
As you can see in this picture there are silver colored metal eyelets on these raf velcros. I dont like the silver at all and would prefer an all black look. How would I go about painting / turning them black?
>>
Not related to your question but does anyone know if the raf velcros from aw15 are made in portugal or italy
>>
>>10815000
italy
>>
>>10814950
bump
>>
>>10814950
Here's my theory, buy the replicas from Ali for $80, strip out the black eyelets from those.

And glew em over these. However the only issue would be the larger strap which is hard to get around/takeout
>>
>>10815188
good idea fuckwit
>>
>>10815188
wouldnt it just be easier just to paint it? i dont know much about painting on different materials like metal but i feel like its definitely doable with some sort of specialized paint
>>
>>10815206
Suck my dick, you fucking jit

>>10815213
I don't know, experiment with some Angelus standard/matte black paint or else resort to using black Sharpie
>>
>>10815216
thanks for the help man
>>
>>10814950
how about removing the velcro, taping/covering off the area of the shoe you don't want painted and spraypainting the eyelets gloss black? It would just be a matter of making sure the paint can't get through whatever covering you use, which should be fast and not difficult in my experience
>>
>>10815213
Forget painting on metal, the paint does not bond to the surface so it will scratch of over time and look awful. This will happen regardless on paint used, the surface is the problem. If you really want them black, you should replace them with black eyelets.
>>
>>10814950
black nail polish
trust me on this one
>>
>>10815723
then please explain to me how do people paint cars

this guy is a retard OP if youre gonna spraypaint them you have to use a primer first, but i think thats a dumb idea, just paint them with a sharpie and redo it every couple of months or use a paint marker.
>>
what size op? cut your losses sell it to me for 100$ and use the money to get the ones with black metal eyelets
>>
>>10814950
>he boufgr a black pair
>>
>>10815965
You clearly have never tried to paint metal pieces yourself, otherwise you would not act as moronic as you do

To paint a car: 1 layer primer, 1 layer filler, 1-3 layers one component color, 1 layer two component clear coat. These are applied by pistol so you an get thinner layers than with spray cans. There are products that combine steps, but leaving steps out decreases the quality of the end result.

I am no professional, but I have enough experience with several spray paints, both cans and airbrush, as well as different pens, including hard-to-buff graffiti markers. They all suck on blank metal. It will not look good.
>>
>>10816217
so nothing will really work?
>>
>>10814950
Don't.
>>
File: x3q97.jpg (216KB, 708x500px) Image search: [Google]
x3q97.jpg
216KB, 708x500px
If you must, I would recommend getting an extra durable black nail polish (Hema has some durable "longlasting" stuff, though it's a tad splotchy) and some clear varnish or clear nail polish.
>Potential thing to consider would be to apply matte nail polish/ matte varnish, could be c-cool

Now, the best thing to do would be to lightly sand the metal eyelets, though I'd decide against it since you'll probably fuck it up somehow. So let's skip the sanding bit.

Alright, what you want to do is cover up the area surrounding the eyelets (both on the inside and outside) using painter's tape/ masking tape. When that's done, take a tooth pick or other small prodding implement (e.g. dentist tools, sculptor's tool, back end of a teaspoon, your dick) and press it the tape down, so it sits flush where the leather meets the eyelet. If you REALLY want to make it look GOAT you could even rub some vaseline around that gap, to avoid getting any of that nail polish on your precious velcros. Notice how I missed the opportunity to make a joke about vaseline getting rubbed around gaps? Good.

Following this, all of which was essentially insurance to keep you from fucking it up, take your black nail polish and apply around three thin coats. Be sure to wait at least 45 minutes between each coat. Use that time to work on yourself.

Then apply the clear coat of varnish/ nail polish and wait for an even longer time. Use this time to work on yourself too.

Then, when you've reached the ultimate version of you, he'll have some spiffy new earth grabbers like wow. He'll be the padding around the dollies, catchin' a breeze all hip-like while the grundy cubes drown in it.
>>
How are these ugly shits still in style lmaoooo
>>
>>10818028
I bet you think you look fresh in your piss-made Ultra Boosts or your shitty Jordan 1's
>>
Someone buy this kid's pair for an absolute steal and experiment with them.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/310890-raf-simons-velcro-hightops

Make a livestream on twitch and let us fuccbois watch
>>
>>10818677

Are you trying to sell your sneakers?
>>
>>10818677
I hope you fucking die
>>
>>10818870
>>10819034
No you idiots, I'm being serious. How is this shoe at such a steal? Might as well just fuck it up even if it's a replica
>>
>>10819042
Well, to be fair, they're the version that's made out of canvas and they're in a colourway that is not that sought after.

Also, fucking up designer sneakers is great and all, but why would you not just buy a replica if that's your express purpose. You wouldn't pay more, they'd be new and you could get them in a colourway of choice.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.