[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are their jeans really that bad? got a pair of the max used cash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

File: Pru0lzy3.png (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pru0lzy3.png
42KB, 800x800px
are their jeans really that bad? got a pair of the max used cash (for $160) and they're a little stretchier than I normally go for, but the fit is pretty good.

Don't want to keep them though if the jeans are just gonna fall apart in a year.
>>
>>10813679
the only issues i've heard of when dealing with acne jeans are:

crotch blow outs on the raw denim
the jeans are cut off grain and wrap around the leg instead of falling straight

crotch blow outs are due to the le denim head fags not washing their nasty ass jeans

the off grain cut is not excusable and should not be an issue at this price point and definitely are a red flag for me
>>
>>10813679
My favorite blue jeans are my Mic Rigid (29). I've had them for three years and no issues. Crotch space is a bit tight, but you get used to it. Don't do anything stupid in them as the added pressure may result in tears, but I commute via cycling and have no damage. Fit is really nice though
>>
>>10813702
yeah crotch blowout and stretching seem to be the biggest issues people have with APC and acne jeans, but that only really can happen if they're way too small and you aren't washing them. I bought my actual size and definetely will wash so neither should be an issue.

>>10813749
sweet I'm keeping them.
>>
>>10813679
got a lightly used pair at buffalo exchange for $30 and I like them a lot for $30. would not buy a full price pair, nor would i advise anybody to. like >>10813749 said, fit is great but quality is not A+
>>
Anyone know about Max Cash/ Ace Cash / Thin Stay Cash and whatever which is the best bang for buck/quality and longevity-wise?

Also which is the best for normal thighs but slightly muscular calves
>>
>>10814053
Max Cash fit more like slim trousers whereas Ace Cash fit like skinny jeans.
>>
>>10813702
what the fuck does off grain cut even mean? can you explain in depth to me what this means because i have 2 pairs of acnes (one of which i have owned for nearly 2 years) , i've had no issues but now im worried i got rused
>>
>>10814053
max are like a slim straight
ace slim
thin are skinny
you'll most likely prefer ace if you want a tighter look or max if you want a more relaxed look
>>10813679
their jeans are fine
>>
>>10814053
i have ace cash and thin stay cash. Basically, cash is the colour (black) and stay cash basically means the blackness of the jean will maintain itself and keep its colour much better than the regular cash colour. Im a tall hungry skele so personally i like the fit of thins eons more but ace cash would be better for stubby manlets much like half of this board
>>
they're not that bad.

if you're a jeans snob who cares a lot about the quality of the fabric, acne isn't extraordinary. but i own acne jeans bc their pin cut (women's high waisted skinny) works perfectly for me, i liked the color/wash, and the back pockets are unbranded.

they're definitely not going to fall apart in a year unless you do some seriously fucked up shit with your clothing. i've had h&m jeans last me a year with nearly daily wear desu. if you don't have intense crotch/inner thigh/knee friction you'll be fine.
>>
>>10814277
nice to see a girls input on these. I just copped the skin 5 in used black and I get baggy knee caps when wearing them. does this happen to you? they fit nicely everywhere else besides the knees. I'm guessing I should have sized down maybe
>>
>>10814277
Can I slap ass ;P

Post fit pic, I'll post mine
>>
I have Thin a size up, decent but don't like the stacks and my grip tape made a hole in them, but that's my own fault
>>
>>10814277
Your barometer for clothing quality is off. You said 1 year is excellent, I have edwin in selvedge from 2008 that look brand new and I've done all kinds of shit in them
>>
>>10814314
he never said 1 year is excellent you moron. He was just addressing OPs original concern of them falling apart in a year. This board man, i swear...

Also i don't think you know what a barometer is.
>>
>>10814314
sieg pls
anon was just responding to op's comment of
>Don't want to keep them though if the jeans are just gonna fall apart in a year.
anon literally just said
>they're not that bad.
not excellent
sieg if u want to troll u gotta do better than this familia
>>
>>10814311
>stacks

manlet confirmed
>>
>>10814314
Don't give this man any more attention.
>>
Can anyone compare the Ace Cash denim to BLK DNM quality?
>>
>>10814423
I've owned some Acne t-shirts and two pairs of jeans as well as pants and a denim jacket by BLK DNM. From my experience the quality is comparable and generally good.
>>
>>10814245
okay essentially when you cut fabric you have it in plies (layers)
to cut a pair of jeans for mass production they take the plies and lay them flat in the same direction, and top it off with a paper that is the marker (a placement chart essentially that has all the pattern pieces in the most efficient way)
the marker has to be placed in the correct angle to follow the grainline (the direction of the fabric)
they most likely have a computer programmed cutting machine that follows a data version of the marker to cut through all of the layers
the problem in this process, and is apparent with heavy fabrics like denim, as well as knit fabrics, is that the bottom layers of fabric might have shifted during the setup, and the pieces for a pair of jeans may be off grain
when the offgrain pieces are sewn together, the seams will twist
on a pair of jeans, it is noticeable when the inseam goes from your thigh and starts curving towards the center of your shin
this means the quality control is garbage because this easily visible error made it from a factory to a retail setting
>>
>>10814292
haha yes. i feel like it's hard to avoid this with skinny jeans though? your knees are always going to make the fabric looser there and it'll always look awkward if the calves are very tight. i did shrink my jeans in the dryer after a month of wearing them and it helped

used black crewwwwwww
i find it much easier to style than a straight-up black
>>
>>10814457
u know ur shit senpai, do u study fashion?
>>
>>10814713
yeah, just started my last quarter yesterday
>>
how do acne jeans compare to apc quality-wise?
>>
>>10813679
i really quite like my acne thins. they're comfortable and look great, though they did stretch out a little more than i thought they would.
>>
>>10814457

>tfw I've started noticing this on a few of my garments, and it isn't just because tightness can cause stuff to get a little twisted sometimes

:/
>>
>>10815060
> garments

rofl
>>
>>10815105

*cumrags, sry
>>
>>10815040
i have 3 pairs of apcs and 5 pairs of acnes

i like the apcs more because of the lack of elastane.

3 of my acnes with high cotton percentage (98%) are my favourite fit. the ones with 95% cotton and less stretch out way too much for my liking and feel like cheap jeggings.
>>
>>10814457
these posts is why I browse /fa/

neat.
>>
File: acne rippo.jpg (57KB, 559x610px) Image search: [Google]
acne rippo.jpg
57KB, 559x610px
are these available for men?
>>
File: acne.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
rip my aces. lasted for 2 years until the crotch are started tearing to every direction. anyways, probably the best jeans i've owned looks wise, the durability just could be better.
>>
My levi 510s fit like dick, should I get apc or acne black sjkniies?
>>
>>10815756
do you pee sitting down? Why would they be available for men?
>>
>>10815756
So Papa can fuck your poohole quicker?
>>
>>10813679
ive had my max's for 4 years
last year i cut the hem at the bottom as they got a ton of holes from skating
now they are 2grunge
they last bro dont worry.
>>
>>10813679
literally trash

200$ for made in albania or portugal garbage that will fall apart in 1-2 years

>m-muh cut!!

do yourself a favor and get levis 510s, the denim and quality control arent any worse and you arent getting fucked out of 200$ by some swedish kike fucks
>>
>>10815792

>not patching them up and continuing their life as a Frankenstein-monster version of their former self

pls
>>
>>10815756
are you that one guy who's obsessed with finding pants that accentuate their ass?
>>
File: image.jpg (821KB, 2034x2034px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
821KB, 2034x2034px
Acne Ace are the best fitting jeans I've ever owned.

I've got five pairs in total, latest pair is the Ace Raw (not pictured).

Not sure what the talk about crotch blowouts and stretching is all about. Mine are all fine and I wash them about once every two months.

Also in regards to sizing I've sized up to a 32 waist. I'm normally a 30/34, but with a 32/34 they're not super skin tight but remain skinny and comfortable.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x1136px
>>10816491
Pic related my ace stay cash in 32/34.

I'm 6'4 160lbs.
>>
>>10816491
once every two months isn't a gross stretch though
people with crotch blowouts usually haven't washed them at all in 8+months
>>
>>10816135
i have a 7 year pair of apcs that r very frankenstein

repatched crotched 3-4 times now
best jeans evar
>>
>>10816517
They're degenerates and should take interest in personal hygiene.

If you wash them at 30 degrees and use suitable detergent for the colour of your jeans they last for ages.

My Ace Cash started faded and I re-dyed them with a pack of Velvet Black Dylon and they look almost like new.
>>
Anyone have experience with Ace Ups?. They're not the same fabric as Cash, so im worried if they stretch more. I went TTS for Stay Cash and they stretched slightly to the perfect size.
>>
>>10814457
That actually happens to some of my tighter jeans (levis 510) once in a while, never knew that actually had to do with how they were made.

Quite interesting tbqhwy familia
>>
>>10814334
Nice try, I'm 6'2 and I wear them by the waist. Still get folds/stacks at the bottom and by the knee. Small ugly ones
>>
>>10816817
I've got em in grey. Stay tts here too. If anything mine have shrunk ever so slightly in the wash. The material is weaker than Cash. My interior pockets ripped on both sides within a year :/
Color is amazing tho mad complimentos
>>
>>10813702
Poor construction too, outer seem is laughable and look at the waist band

It's so sloppy
>>
>>10814245
I mean you're probably a consumer who doesn't care, so don't worry about it. Just live blissfully unaware as you refer to hm and acne as quality
>>
>>10813679
got two sets, one set is two years old and look the same as they did new. best jeans I've owned desu
>>
>>10815157
I've never seen a bigger fuccboi
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x386px
>>10816948
Shut up Sieg you fat fuck. I'm surprised they make fashionable jeans in your size.
>>
>>10816937
Or you could stop acting like a condescending asshat and give the guy a resonable answer.
>>
>>10817126
read the thread
the anon had been answered already
>>
>>10816509
would you say the waist is vanity sized or is a 32 actually 32?
>>
>>10816937
>refer to HM and Acne as quality
>HM

i haven't bought HM in years
>>
>>10815756
gross ass t b h f a m
stick legs and H:W ratio is shit
>>
>>10816527
pics? they sound cool
>>
w2c spectacular sensation navy tee or crewneck? also why are sleeves on acne tees so short, will sizing up make a difference or are they still short af?
>>
>>10814457
Thanks new anorak
>>
>>10817192
32 probably fits like a 31 but they shrink about an inch in the waist and leg. However models that are elasticated tend to stretch back TTS after a few days of wearing.
>>
I'm stupid and the idea of washing clothes very rarely is strange to me. Talking about crotch blow outs and whatnot, the problem seems to be not washing them enough.

Would there any be problems in washing them too often, besides possible fading? My problem is I don't have many pairs of jeans so I would have to wash them more often. Like once every 2 weeks or so.

sorry for stupid question, I don't know what I'm doing especially when it comes to "raw denim"
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
>>10817409
Washing your clothes fairly often is a sensible and hygienic thing to do.

With raw denim people like to not wash them for months (even years) at a time because it helps the denim to develop a unique patina. If you wash them more often they'll just have a even fade rather than one with pronounced wear marks. Pic related.
>>
>>10817848
I'm probably going to go with full black anyways and although a patina would be cool, I'd probably start smelling like shit. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Anyways, thank you very much for the response
>>
>>10817862
the point of not washing raw denim is for the wearer to go months adding personal aspects to their jeans, such as stress on the fabric from movement as well as sun bleaching
done correctly, you first wash will look like a completely new pair of jeans, nothing like the original wash

personally, i think it's completely asinine to pay more, which raw denim usually is, for the manufacturer to do less work on treatment of the fabric just for it to be an "original wash"

just get regular all black jeans
raw denim and selvage denim are for consumers who fell for marketing ploys, as the average consumer knows nothing of fabric structure and cannot truly tell what an exceptional fabric is
(last part is mainly a dig at the muh selvage denim boys)
>>
>>10817907
idk man my 21oz iron hearts are nicest pair of jeans I've ever worn. they are slow faders so I'm not really concerned about the fades. the thickness and construction is amazing
>>
>>10818132
probably didn't state it well but my point being, raw and selvage denim are not indicators of quality, the same goes for price points

doesn't mean that there is no high quality raw denim or selvage denim, or denim sold at a high price point
it's just not something you should rely on as a consumer

in the industry, selvage denim always means higher production cost because of a higher fabric yield for the patterns
the quality isn't guaranteed

anyway
>21oz
jesus christ
that's literally workwear level
>>
>>10816509
wtc sweater?
>>
>>10818198
I agree it's mostly the entry level raw denim that fall in that category. I only wear my 21oz denim to work cause I don't want to ruin my nice clothes and it gets cold so I wear them there every day
>>
>>10818225
okay then that makes a lot more sense
i usually don't see 21 oz in a factory unless they're making a tough jacket or a workwear company is doing their sewing there
>>
>>10817192
mine fit a bit smaller than 32 when i first copped, but stretched after a few days. the first few days were pretty uncomfortable though.
>>
>>10818132
This is previous stupid anon. Isn't Acne "regular jeans"? Do I have to take care of them any specific way? I was just going to treat them like regular jeans. Really sorry
>>
Opinions on Naked and Famous?
>>
>>10819109
they sell both regular( sanforized ) jeans as well as raw

not sure if they have selvage denim, another anon might know that
not a fan of acne's jeans but i understand the interest
>>
>>10819186
Ok thanks so much, sorry for all the questions
>>
>>10819125
Shit

>>10818198
Depends on the construction too no? My 20oz onis are almost feel like sweatpants. Almost
>>
>>10819255
construction of the pants themselves?
yes
take kirkland clothes, for example a white tee
definitely not the most luxurious fabric you'll ever touch
but the construction of the shirt itself undergoes rigorous quality control because the volume of units is so high, they don't want returns

the pima cotton tees from kirkland are better than uniqlos, in terms of construction

fabric quality and construction are both key to a good product

i bounced around your question a lot but i hope i answered it
>>
what's the diff between thin cash and ace cash in terms of thigh taper and leg opening? does the thin have the same thigh taper as the ace but smaller leg opening?
>>
I bought a pair of acne aces for $80 brand new, tailored them to a 15cm leg opening and they're perfect.
>>
>>10819109
Most of the Acne jeans are washed styles and each one comes with its care label in regards to colour-fastness, fading, wear time, washing cycle etc.

For example the Ace Stay Cash is black denim treated with an anti-fade chemical so they stay jet black when washed. Whereas the Ace Cash are blue jeans overdyed black which fade with blue/grey wear marks.

My Acne Raw jeans are made in Italy and constructed from Japanese denim. They're not selvedge, but that was just a marketing ploy which hipsters fell for a few years ago when raw denim was all the rage.
>>
acne jeans are great quality desu senpai
>>
i really want to wait for a sale on their jeans but im too fucking lazy i want to get my denim rotation on point before school starts in 2 weeks
>>
>>10820397
There's loads of acne on sale atm
>>
>>10820463
where at
>>
>>10820597
Mr Porter, End, Oki-Ni, Acne Studios website. Stop being lazy.
>>
>>10814457
so what jeans have good quality then in the 100-200$ range?
>>
>>10820751
for that price point
Rag & Bone and Diesel are two brands that i have never seen any construction issues with, at all

been to the AG Jeans factory
their quality control is so insane since everything is done in factory except the purchase of the denim
i just don't like the fit of ag jeans because of how skinny i am

if anyone else has anything to add to this, that'd be great
>>
>>10821129
>Diesel
Can I get a loosie papi?
>>
What's the A.P.C equivalent of Acne Ace Stay Cash slim fit?
>>
>>10820683
acne only has the ugly colorways
if you check any of those websites its only the garbage colorways or megafat manlet sizes like 36/30
>>
>>10821632
there should be a chart with this explained
maybe someone will post it
>>
>>10821632
Probably because the sales been on for 2 weeks and you've missed out on all the good stuff you degenerate.

I copped a pair of Ace Raw 40% off from End in a 30/34 a few weeks ago.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.