[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 61

Last thread autosaging >>10781757
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include sex, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
File: nd.1197.jpg (55KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
nd.1197.jpg
55KB, 300x338px
Opinions on pic related?
I know it's very normal fag or whatever but I'm not trying to be super elite perfume man or whatever.
alternatively
>fruity beginner colognes?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x450px
Reminder that if you dont own a bottle of this you're doing something wrong
>>
>>10810681
what if you dont like mediocre fragrances
>>
>>10810683
>>>>mediocre
>>
>>10810703
garbage is probably a better descriptor
>>
>>10810681
I blind bought this and my god does it make me feel nauseous. This fragrance made me hate citruses.
>>
>>10810667
>that ad
lewd
>>
>>10810669
Male
Prefer to make my own, give me some notes?
North carolina (Hot, humid summers, mild springs and autumn. Bitter, dry winters.)
For chilling and being slackcore
I like woody, masculine scents with citrus undertones lie frankincense but anything that WORKS and is woody will work for me
The only perfume I've ever used was when I was 12 that I got for christmas. I don't remember what it was called.

I'd like some tips and descriptions so I can get a better idea of what workds for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
Gotten plenty of compliments for this one
>>
>>10810799
Budget?
>>
File: 600px-RJ-00616.jpg (72KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
600px-RJ-00616.jpg
72KB, 600x250px
What do you think the Capulet from Romeo + Juliet 1996 smelled like?

Recommend me perfumes for a similar aesthetic, maybe leaning towards more feminine fragrances, please.
>>
Fahrenheit, Spicebomb or Terre D'Hermes? Decide for me bros.
>>
>>10810681
literally turns to shit on my skin, like actually smells rotten, same as >>10810812
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
I need something fairly cheap and nice, most I'll go is £30

How's old spice? Is it worth me spending £15 on or should I just get something else

Or CK obsession
>>
>>10811529

You should check out Perry Ellis 360 Red.
>>
>>10811464
How old are you?
>>
>>10811543
How does it smell? Will people be able to smell it off me and it won't die out an our after I apply it?
>>
>>10811546

>>
>>10811551

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Perry-Ellis/360-Red-for-Men-1906.html

I haven't tried it myself, it's just a well known scent for smelling nicer than its worth.
>>
>>10811553
I'd vote for Terre d'Hermes out of those 3
>>
>>10811561
Thanks, do you know of any others?

Have any anons tried this aftershave?
>>
>>10811553
Definitely Terre d'Hermes.
>>
>>10810799
You haven't had a perfume since you were 12 but want to make your own instead of buying one?
>>
>>10811551
Go to the store and smell on Aqua di Gio, they're almost identical. 360 is a bit more spicy.
>>
New day, new scents. I'm looking to purchase some new samples and if anyone owns the fragrances below tell me how they feel about them

Tom Ford - Amber Absolute
Tom Ford - White Suede
Creed - Himalaya
Esteban - Oriental Spice
>>
>>10812032
>Creed - Himalaya
only good Creed imo. Fresh, icy, smooth, the metallic bottle is appropriate. Mostly get sandalwood with a citurs swirl, some musk shows up in the dry-down. Only potential downsides are that it can get a bit powdery like many Creeds like to and some may find it a soapy (I didn't tho)
>>
>>10811666
This is the only logical choice. Don't get anything with calone in the formula unless you want to smell like a date rapist
>>
>>10811529
Check out Armaf anon its a clone house that makes cheap clones of famous designer/niche scents (75-90% similar) for a fraction of the cost.
>>
File: MBODY.jpg (99KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
MBODY.jpg
99KB, 750x750px
Please help me choose, and tell me your opinions.
As a day fragrance I want to buy Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros: it has an oriental spicy fragrance, It stays good on my skin and It's perfect for everyday work. My only problem is that most reviews say it has a heavy sillage, and I can't afford to smell like a whore in my office.
Runner ups are Versace Man eau Fraiche (extremely fruity and fresh, with a soft sillage) and Dior Sauvage (smells good on my skin, has good reviews, has soft sillage, but it's too recent so it has been tested by fewer people).

As a night fragrance I'am tempted to buy Dior Homme Intense because is one of the male fragrances with top reviews on any site I checked, it smells good on my skin, and a wood-floreal fragrance is what I want for my nighttime fragrance.
Runner ups are Versace Dreamer (same reasons as Dior Homme Intense), Tom Ford Noir de Noir and Creed Green Irish Tweed (because they go for a more "grown up" fragrance).

28 years old engineer, 6', fit, straight, dressing business casual during the week, and soft-preppy smart casual during weekends.
>>
>>10811896
He needs a unique one to go with his special fedora
>>
>>10812329
fart spray
>>
>>10812329
If you want something super safe to wear at work, something like Bleu de Chanel is perfect. It smells great and won't offend anyone. This is true for Sauvage as well.

In the "night"-category, you don't have to worry about getting HR on your back because of some colleague who has allergies. Wear what you want. Dior Homme Intense is, in my opinion, a great fragrance. But it's up to you.
>>
>>10812329
I think Body Kouros is fine for work. I didn't think it seemed too heavy when I tried it, and if you are concerned, just apply less than you normally do. Also think it's good year-round.

Never tried Dior Homme Intense, but regular Dior Homme is great, so go for it if you really like it. Since it's similar, it's not really something for warm weather even at night so that is something to consider.

I don't consider either Noir de Noir or GIT as mature, though. GIT does give off a "classy" feel though, and it can be your option for warm weather if you cop DHI. Noir de Noir had a "special occasion" feel to it, so it could be like over dressing if you wear it just on a regular date or the bar (I doubt anyone will truly care though), and I'd say is appropriate year-round.
>>
How do I apply fragrances?
>>
>>10813084
Aim it at yourself and squeeze your index finger.
>>
>>10813084
One spray at your neck, and one at the crook of your elbow if it's a weaker scent.
>>
File: eausauvagevintagead.jpg (17KB, 236x334px) Image search: [Google]
eausauvagevintagead.jpg
17KB, 236x334px
>>10812440
Eau Sauvage is a classic. You can wear it your whole life.
>>
>>10813152
Yeah, but he was talking about the 2015 cash grab, not the classic original.
>>
>>10813084
my method:
1. Always one spray chest
2. If it's an average or weak scent, spray both wrists. Strong scents, just one wrist
3. Lightly dab wrists together than lightly dab along the sides of your neck
4. Optional spray on tummy for a little extra (I usually skip this 80% of the time and usually only with the weak ones)

And I always apply on bare skin, never clothing. If I want to reapply later on, I only do step 3.
>>
>>10813203
Like "Sauvage" vs Eau Sauvage? A damn shame.

I would also have recommended Stella McCartney, even for a a guy, except it got reformulated into a shadow of its former self.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 300x323px
My L'Occitan Vetyver came in. It smells great. It's very "dark" and has a dirt note included with the Vetyver.

>>10810681
Didn't like it but it grew on me. Can get too strong though so easy on the trigger.
>>
>>10813316
I need some help with finding a feminine woody vetiver (but I hate hate hate ambery drydowns). Does it exist?
>>
>>10813422
Well, it's not common that vetiver and amber are both included in a woman's fragrance at once. And vetiver is very earthy as well and comes off as being masculine.
Have you tried Hermes Vetiver Tonka? It's for men and women but it is vetiver with caramel, tonka bean, and praline which adds sweetness. It's expensive though. I sold a 15 ml travel size bottle for $40, 5 ml samples are about $15. Full sized bottles can go up to the $200s iirc
>>
File: IMG_20160108_170252.jpg (878KB, 1699x1875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_170252.jpg
878KB, 1699x1875px
just copped
>>
File: black.jpg (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
67KB, 1000x1000px
Cop? Similar fragrances?
>>
File: nd.16581.jpg (68KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
nd.16581.jpg
68KB, 300x443px
Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>10812329

Not a lot of experience with the others but Sauvage, boring as it is, is a really safe bet. Silage is very average and it just smells like really expensive body wash to most people. So a very pleasant smell really, just a tad boring for a cologne in my view, but very hard to go wrong with it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (60KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60KB, 592x448px
>Taylor Swift perfumes
Checked this out recently as well as her namesake line

Had a hard time picking out specific notes since the air in the department was saturated with so much other stuff but quick:

>Taylor by Taylor swift
Nice, more common type of perfume. Barely got to check it out. Woods and florals; possibly fennel notes but that might have been something else there

>Wonderstruck (the original blue one)
Absolutely love it. Fruit base, heavy amber note with vanilla, florals

>Wonderstruck Enchanted (red one)
More berry + vanilla with no amber.. tho i was going back n forth between them so my perception might be off

overall i loved the Wonderstruck ones. Still smelled it off my hand a day later despite having even done some dishes. Happy, lovely scent. Good for any age and not bad to be next to for hours. 10/10
>>
>>10813853
I have Rogue Man by Rihanna. It actually projects well for a celeb fragrance as they're usually weak and short lived.
>>
>>10811546
lmao what does age have to do with anything
>>10812032
white suede is being discontinued i think
my TF boutique doesnt stock it so i wish i could help you out here but i can ):
amber absolute though i can go down and get a sample and try it out
last time i didnt like how spicy it was tho
but it was just on card, obviously skin reacts differently
>>
>>10813674
Hows it like smelling like a filthy Arab?
>>
File: Wonderstruck_Enchanted_main.jpg (298KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderstruck_Enchanted_main.jpg
298KB, 1024x1024px
>>10813980
wife likes the fergi one despite not liking fergi or the b.e.p.
its not bad but not my tastes. Many come across as too youthful, cheap, but the Swift ones are surprisingly mature. As a guy whos very picky about scents, this i love this and want someone to wear it around me. Theres a sweetness from the amber and vanilla i dont see often and its not offensive or triggers allergies/migraines or anything.
Im hoping its still made for years to come.
>>
anyone have experience with Tauer? L'air du desert marocain graces the only semi-legit /fra/ infographic.

about to order some samples - curious what you think. people nut over une rose de kandahar on fragrantica.
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Tauer-Perfumes/PHI-Une-Rose-de-Kandahar-21982.html
>>
File: atelier_cologne.jpg (621KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
atelier_cologne.jpg
621KB, 2000x1328px
>>10814393
/fra/ has an infographic? Post pls

Also what do you guys think about this house? Best/worst? I got a few bucks to shelf for a couple of samples.
>>
File: OLD.png (2MB, 850x4800px) Image search: [Google]
OLD.png
2MB, 850x4800px
>>10814567
best we have so far

there's another but it's appallingly bad
>>
>>10813213
>If I want to reapply later on, I only do step 3.
>3. Lightly dab wrists together than lightly dab along the sides of your neck
>>
I recently got YSL L'Homme Libre, was this a good choice?
>>
>>10813084
I do 1-2 sprays on chest, 1 on back of neck and 1 on one forearm and rub to share among other sprays. Yes, you can rub. Avoid front of neck/face because olfactory fatigue. Reason to spray hairier areas is hair/clothing holds on to top notes better, as they evaporate more on skin because body heat. Average application 2-5 sprays, depending on strength. Always err on the side of caution and ask friends' opinions on projection rather than trust your own, potentially fatigued, nose.
>>
File: truly-infalliable.gif (4MB, 450x237px) Image search: [Google]
truly-infalliable.gif
4MB, 450x237px
>>10814612
>>10813213
heh

steps 2 and 3 I mean
>>
>>10814567
have tried on my skin:
cedre atlas - delicious woody lime
santal carmin - more vanilla and sweet than sandalwood
vetiver fatal - undistinguished warm spicy notes
grand neroli - fruity pebbles & grass
sud magnolia - rose shampoo
oud saphir - pretty nice, gentler alternative in the tuscan leather wheelhouse

appreciate what they're doing but not always as crazy about wearing them. practically looking for an excuse to buy one but still haven't found it. cedre atlas would be close.
>>
>>10814602
I'm tempted to make one. At least just ones with categories.
>>
File: 1448843110277.png (588KB, 668x760px) Image search: [Google]
1448843110277.png
588KB, 668x760px
I'm gonna order some samples from 'CB I Hate Perfume'

What should I get? Including the premium accords.
>>
File: london.jpg (139KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
139KB, 1280x1920px
>>
>>10815088
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

shame it's discontinued tho
>>
>>10815126
not in london!!
too bad I'll never be there soon
>>
Wanna buy my first fragrance. Tried Tom Ford Oud Wood with my gf today and she loved it. Can you guys recommend me something similar? I really liked wood notes in Tom Ford.
>>
...and forgive me for stating the absolute bleeding fucking obvious (this is 4chan after all), but don't fork out good money for something because it smelled good on a paper testing strip, or from a sniff from the bottle at the duty free, or from a magazine, or from a preponderance of /fa reviews, or that you identify with the bottle design or the marketing.

You have to test it yourself. Multiple times. On your skin. Get a sample and take that scent away with you, away from all the other competing smells at the shops; take it outside, analyze it all the way to the drydown. Fragrances develop in different ways with different people and this is the only way to determine if this is really the one.

ALSO: the more scents you test the better and more refined your nose is going to get. You'll identify patterns and similarities with those that strike a chord.
>>
>>10815342
id like to add to what this guy said with the following
Be mindful of how strong something is and that it may bother others if its hit or miss and strong.

Also, price doesnt determine quality.
Expensive =/= good, inexpensive =/= bad, and dont pay mind to elitist fashionistas that downtalk something as not high-tier. If you like it, thats what matters. Just as important, if youre wearing it for someone, and that person likes it, that also matters. Its a big factor in peoples' impression of you while youre near them so do it your way.
>>
>>10813798
> cop?
Maybe. It's pretty good but you have to wear it dressed right or you'll smell like you spilled coffee on yourself.
> similar?
Nope.
>>
>>10815491
That last part can't be stressed enough. My one goto everyday scent is Nautica Voyage, 15 bucks for 100 ml. I have yet to find another fresh scent I like like it. Montblanc Individuel (also cheap as hell) comes close.
>>
File: 71171M.jpg (30KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
71171M.jpg
30KB, 600x512px
Holy shit this is nice
>>
Best lavender fragrance?
>>
>>10813316

I tried it once in a L'Occitane store. I like vetivers but that one was a bit too "dirty" for my taste, literally smells like a handful of soil & roots torn straight from the ground.
>>
>>10815870

Invasion Barbare
>>
>>10815925
>Invasion Barbare

Anything less expensive?
>>
>>10815998
Make your own.
>>
>>10815998
Histoires de Parfums 1725 is a doppelganger of IB, according to reviews (haven't tried 1725 myself).

IB is overrated and yeah, super overpriced. It smells ok, but there are better ones that are cheaper. Even Puig Agua Lavanda holds its own for less than 1/10th of the price of IB.

Also check:

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Eau de L'Occitane
Armani Code Special Blend
Prada Luna Rossa
>>
why would you use fragrance in your basement LMAO
>>
>>10815491
I'm a girl, but thanks!
>>
>>10815870
Serge Lutens Gris Clair
>>
>>10815898
Yeah it is pretty dirty, but I like it. I think it'll replace Kokorico as my go-to "dirty fragrance", maybe I'll try combining them before I swap it with someone.
>>
>>10816137
Dear girl
I'm a guy that likes women

Please wear the Taylor swift's Wonderstruck. It's the kind of thing that I want to remember a girl by
>>
>>10813798
It's amazing. I looked around and wasn't able to find anything remotely similar. Only real problem is its quite difficult to wear- I end up using these only at formal/tie events and going to art galleries etc. Definitely not one for casual wear or partying imho
>>
>>10815925
>>10815839
>>10810681
Nice meme bro

>>10815261
A lot of people compare it to Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir. I can't attest to the comparison though as I've never tried either.
>>
>>10815870
dreamer
>>
>>10813839

Since no one else seems to have tried it out, gonna just dump my experience with it today.

It's a really nice cold weather smell. It's marketed as a leather fragrance but that's only really the first 5-10 minutes of it, after that it drys down to one of the most amazing sweet fragrances I've smelt. Normally I hate sweet fragrances but this one was really nostalgic and never seemed overpoweringly sweet. The sample spray lasted on my skin for quite long time. Silage wise it's quite an intimate scent. Would love to grab to use this from time to time during winter because of how cozy it is.
>>
>>10816464
gay
>>
>>10813839
>>10817259
what brand is it?
>>
>>10811039
bump! I serously want to know
>>
>>10817259
>cozy
>sweet
what kinda notes you get? amber? woods?
>>
Which one has gotten you the most grill compliments anons? L'homme?
>>
>>10819245

Naomi Goodsir

>>10819439

I found it really hard to place the exact notes, I got hints of rum and amber. It was just a really nostalgic scent for me.
>>
>>10819534
Creed Aventus
>>
>>10819534
Burberry London
Opium pour Homme
Puredistance M
Tobacco Vanille ("i love how Burberry London smells on you")
>>
>>10819534
>>10819747
Aventus here, too.

I quite dislike it, though. Why do girls seem to love it so much?
>>
>>10819534
La nuit and my Aventus clone, quite amusing.
>>
>>10820338
because it smells like you can drop $300 on a bottle of perfume
>>
File: eau-de-pizza-hut.jpg (85KB, 1536x1153px) Image search: [Google]
eau-de-pizza-hut.jpg
85KB, 1536x1153px
>>10819534
this
>>
>>10820338
Because girls have shit taste
>>
>>10819534
pic related
>>
>>10821457
uh huh sure. Aventis is okay, but I prefer something a bit less sweeter. If you're going for a blackcurrant note as a guy, try L'Ombre Dans L'eau for some crisp green to cut it and no weird amber drydown.
>>
>>10823090
>L'Ombre Dans L'eau
Too much rose for my taste, but p good otherwise. Also, my favorite name of any perfume
>>
File: IMG_9793.jpg (177KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9793.jpg
177KB, 1200x1600px
>>10823103
True, it is rosy. But if you want a dirty, fucked-up rose that's guaranteed to drop panties, try Rose 31. Fucking expensive though.
>>
File: 1444562586588.jpg (25KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1444562586588.jpg
25KB, 306x306px
>>10823360
>panty dropper
>>
>>10823858
It's sexy in it's own kinda way. I wouldn't wear it on a first date though.
>>
Bongfag here.

I have been looking for Southern Blend everywhere in the UK, but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? Whisky/Tobacco/leather is good too.
>>
>>10823900
When I wear rose 31 it makes me feel like getting fucked (girl here) but I don't think I'd like it on a man
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 2000x2000px
Might cop pic related when I get paid. Tried some on my skin today and it's so good. It reminds of a smell from my childhood and I'm not sure what part of the fragrance that certain smell is.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 1100x825px
>>10824493
Why does it make you feel like you're getting fucked? Does it smell like flowers and sunshine and cologne when you have sex?

This remind me of sex. It smells like blood and cum and tears of regret.
>>
>>10824487
Try eBay. It's cheap as hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 648x864px
>>10825040
It's frankincense and myrrh. It's meant to smell like Catholic incense, if you've been to a Catholic church you've probably smelt this.
>>
>>10810667
>http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/

this site is virtually all about women's perfume (some unisex, but no men's). shouldn't we get rid of it?
>>
>>10826174
Nah, leave it for the 2 or so women that use this. What should be removed is >>10810669 the people who respond to people with questions just spout random fragrances.
>>
>>10825040
Kyoto > Avignon anon

>>10823360
second this one
>>
File: 713+D2jsyXL._SL256_.jpg (11KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
713+D2jsyXL._SL256_.jpg
11KB, 256x144px
So I've never purchased from Fragrancenet, and being the paranoid I am I decided to purchase a Nautica Voyage (mostly because it's so cheap) to compare against the one I already have. Thing is the caps don't look similar at all. Did they change this at some point? Or is this simply a fake? Not my pic, but this is the same deal.
>>
>>10812268
Not him, but thanks anon. Very interested. What have you bought from them?

Know of any other brands like this?
>>
>>10826174
Yeah, but all scent is unisex - the rest is just marketing and ad campaigns and bottle design. Some of the best "feminines" (like Stella McCartney before they reformulated it) work like magic on straight guys. Just like Fahrenheit works on women.

I suspect it's also why niche perfume houses (Diptyque, Le Labo, Byredo) and serious Big Luxury (Hermes) only do unisex marketing. So I wouldn't discount perfumesociety just yet...
>>
>>10827407
...well, Hermes obviously markets masculine and feminine too, but I'm thinking more like the Jardin series.
>>
So, left field suggestion here.

One thing i do is toss a box of nag champa in my shirt drawer and closet (tho you could use any incense, nag is pretty universally liked).

Just leave it in there pressed up against your shirts or a jacket. Makes your shirts smell great without having the hit-or-miss strong cologne scents, its subtle enough for casual daily stuff but not invisible at all, and women seem to really love it.

honestly i never even burn the stuff. Just get boxes and put in my drawers.
>>
>>10823858
You laugh, but there's no other term for it. Really.
>>
>>10827410

that or cedar
>>
File: vetlyfe.jpg (19KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
vetlyfe.jpg
19KB, 300x450px
>>10823360

eh, rose 31 is nice for an outside cocktail party, imo vetiver 46 is the real "panty dropper"
>>
>>10810667
looking for something like my Burberry mens sport cologne, they unfortunately don't sell it as a perfume to my knowledge

I'm fond of the smell of gasoline, wd40, pine; something with a bit of harshness to it
leather, oak, earthy scents are fine
objections to lavender and citrus, I spent some time in hospital and everything smelt like bleach, lavendar/citrus floor cleaner, and linoleum

also looking for a present to a girl turning 21,
she similarly shares my objection to hospital smells, she likes Burberry, that very strong and distinctive musky perfume women in their 40's wear, (it might be a Chanel)
she always smells of sex, doesn't seem to go outdoors and enjoys dating lowlifes
>>
>>10826901
Kyoto smells a lot like another CDG fragrance I've already got. I've never smelt anything like Avignon before.
>>
>>10825251
best myrrh frags? interested in L'Artisan - Timbuktu
>>
File: yankee candle sun and sand.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yankee candle sun and sand.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>10827426
vetiver 46 is heavy-handed with the incense and smoke. love it, but would find it hard to pull off except when it's super cold out.

anything that smells like pic related? love this candle so much and would love to wear it. closest I've found is Bond no 9's Fire Island.
>>
>>10827417
yo i love the scent of cedar 10/10
>>
Why the fuck do fragrances need to be gendered?

Wear whatever the hell you want, I'm a grill and wear men's and women's scents alike

And if a man smelled like tulips instead of Axe I would be roughly ten percent more likely to fuck him
>>
>>10827637

In all seriousness? Coppertone sunscreen.

It might be a little weird to wear sunscreen in the winter, but if anyone asks just tell them you have a rare skin condition that requires you to put on coppertone sunscreen regardless of the weather
>>
>>10827677
>Why the fuck do fragrances need to be gendered?
they don't, and the majority of people who are into perfume disregard those categorizations for the most part

like >>10827407 said, it's really just marketing and at best if a rough guide for clueless consumers (though one must admit there are cultural influences that deem what is and isn't masculine/feminine within a society, even if you personally and rightfully ignore them when it comes to fragrance and many other fashion accessories)
>>
>>10827677
>Why the fuck do fragrances need to be gendered?

imo most scents are gendered, but there are certain brands out there that just make fragrances, not specific for male or female

le labo comes to mind first
>>
>>10827637

yeah vetiver 46 is definitely a more oak/smokey scent, the opposite of that which Iike from le labo is Labdanum 18 with its vanilla
>>
>>10827509

Couple of recommendations for you, can't think of anything for your girl, try some vintage lines from Dior or Channel that lean more towards a powdery smell than the light airy smells of modern ones I guess.

Fahrenheit, reformulated but still has a sort of gasoliney smell. If you can get a vintage one then even better I guess.

Floris Mahon Leather, some people describe it as a 'femine' leather but honestly I didnot get any thing of that sort at all. It was a really harsh, tangy leather smell for me, so if you can test this out then it's worth a shot.

YSL Kouros, not really sure how to describe it, really hit or miss with people from what I know. Can be overpowering, I didn't like it because it was too harsh and heavy on my skin but some people can pull of it off and it comes across as really masculine.
>>
>>10827677

Because some scents work better with specific genders. But there's nothing at all stopping a person from wearing perfume meant for the other gender if they can pull it off. It's just marketed in a certain way because that's good business practice.
>>
>>10827730

Vintage Opium from Dior was always a 10/10
>>
>>10827738

Did you mean YSL?
>>
>>10827426
can you describe what that smells like?
>>
>>10827730
thanks for the recomends anon, I'l keen an eye out for them
>>
>>10827747
>Opium from Dior

hahaha yeah, sorry, had a little too much wine
>>
>>10827756

Vetiver 46 smells like the song Générique (Bof Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud) by Miles Davis....it's smokey, oak....but has a nice uptick that doesn't dull...it's smooth yet robust. Something to wear out and about, but not in one room.
>>
>>10827783
nice
gonna order a sample now
>>
Does this whole board just dickride Le Labo fragrances?

I think you've been suckered in by their marketing and bullshit 'handmade' ethos. Their fragrances are average at best. Definitely not worth the price in regards to the ingredients they use.

Pure hipster tier trash.
>>
>>10810681
Blind bought a bottle of Issey Miyake from Amazon a few years ago because it was only like £15.

It's the only fragrance I own which gives me a headache. Smells disgusting. I tend to use it as a room odeuriser.
>>
>>10827798

hah, I wish. Le Labo acutally makes good shit.

but there is always that person that asks about fucking Paco Ramone so better Le Labo than that shit.

Not even Issey Miyake is mentioned, but that's ok. remember /fa/ is only a small % of what actually goes on
>>
>>10827809

Gonna have to disagree from the niche houses Le Labo is probably one of the more boring ones I've come across. They have good ideas but their execution never seems to live up to it. They all have this really artificial quality to them that I find hard to stomach.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>10827426
>>10827637
>>10827720
>>10827783
Don't waste your money on Vetiver 46, it smells exactly like CDG 2 Man which you can get for almost half the price and in my opinion the superior fragrance.
>>
>>10827821

That's your opinion, I tried both and CDG Amazingreen is better than Man, but Vetiver 46 is still a class on it's own

doesn't matter of course...as we all have different tastes so I am not one to judge.

Personally Vetiver 46 is something that should be regarded.
>>
>>10827798
>>10827809
They are extremely overpriced and most of their fragrances are average. But they they do have a few which are absolutely perfect.

Rose for example is the best male floral I have ever smelt.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 545x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 545x282px
>>10827832
It's not just my opinion. Amazingreen is awful as well. You have a bad nose.
>>
>>10827832
I've tried both and they smell very similar. Too similar really to pay out over double for the Le Labo.

It's the same thing with that Creed one that smells like Cool Water.
>>
File: IMG_20160112_164946323.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112_164946323.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>10827235
This is how mine looks like. Bought about a year ago.
>>
>>10828537
I'm getting the same performance out of it as my old bottle (which is the same look as yours) so I'm guessing it's just a newer bottle design? I mean I can't see someone faking a frag that's not even $20.
>>
>>10828544
Making a fake of it probably wouldn't be worth it, no. I haven't seen the other bottle design before.
>>
File: o.35609.jpg (29KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
o.35609.jpg
29KB, 400x500px
>>10827592
Its totally different for me as I grew up going to Catholic churches every Sunday and those churches always smelled similar to Avignon. To each his own, I suppose.

>>10827365
I haven't bought anything from them, but havr just heard of it online. I heard that La Yuqawam is a cheap alternative to Tuscan Leather if thats what you're looking for. It's supposed to be just a lot less darker than TL.

Btw what do you guys think of Tauerville? Its priced crazy low and I'm thinking of copping Rose and Vanilla Flash.
>>
>>10827798
>stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>10828633
>Tauerville
no experience with them directly, but the main Tauer line is mostly really good
>>
>>10827689
ha that's what my mom said when I mentioned it to her. was curious whether people had any other recommendations.

btw would love to see more home fragrance discussion in these threads.
>>
>>10828708
>more home fragrance discussion in these threads
agreed, since i'm new to that kind of thing

just copped these candles from Target that are really good, but i know there has to be much better out there. also got a good Cedarwood & Myrrh candle from Primark (my god is that such a shit store otherwise tho)
>>
File: candles.png (430KB, 1024x472px) Image search: [Google]
candles.png
430KB, 1024x472px
>>10828752
forgot pic
>>
>>10828752
Wait, what. Do you have Primark in the states now?

When did that happen?
>>
>>10828779
they opened one up in Boston a few months ago. it's the only one so far i think

it was sorta of a big deal, but i don't get it. tons of cheap shitty clothes that for some reason people were buying bags and bags of that. you know was just going to end up in the trash within a year; what a waste. ffs H&M seemed much better in comparison
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 576x384px
>>10828807
Yeah it's massive in the UK. Fast fashion bullshit. I only buy socks and the occasional tshirt from there.

There was a big scandal recently because the slave labourers were sewing tags into the garments with messages like 'help me'.

Totally unethical, cheap, mass produced bollocks.
>>
>>10827235
>>10828544
>>10828551
FragranceNet is legit you dolts. It's either a new bottle design or a reformulation.
>>
>>10810669

>Male
>22 years old
>Under £100
>Chilly and windswept climate
>Getting comfy by the fire in the pub

Nothing too fruity, floral or sweet, I find those kinds of scents (and foods) rather sickly.

I know very little about fragrances.
>>
>>10829322
>>10829322
L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme
>>
>>10829322

Burberry London - Might be a little sweet, but depends on the skin. Really comfy scent though.

A*Men Pure Coffee - Slightly odd rec actually, it was a really comfy vanilla musk for me. Wasn't particularly sweet or fruity though.

Cologne of the Missions - Really natural vanilla smell with some booze. No idea if this one's actually in England or not, it's like £20 though if it is, so really worth a shot.

I know I've recommended two vanillaish smells but neither of them were particularly sweet or fruity on my skin and they were both really comfy.

I also really like vetiver scents for chilly weather because of nostalgia but it's generally more of spring/summer thing.
>>
File: boardwalk-candle.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
boardwalk-candle.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>10828752
have historically been disappointed with Target's Chesapeake Bay (or whatever) line - piss poor siliage.

I really trust TJ Maxx/Homegoods. Makers of Wax Goods is definitely a go-to when in stock. sometimes they have Aquiesse which have been excellent in my experience
>>
>>10829478
>Makers of Wax Goods
i got a great Leather & Amber candle by them from TJ Maxx before, wish i went back and cleaned them out of those
>>
>>10829322
Comme Des Garcons X Monocle Hinoki
>>
>>10827235
Baught my 2 Months ago, has the left one. Do they smell different?
>>
File: 03451-900x900.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
03451-900x900.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
Hey guys, whats your opinion on Versace l'homme?
I baught it for 20€, it will arrive in a couple of days, someone has experience with that scent? Is it more for going out or for school/university/work? Summer oder winter, day or night?
>>
>>10829640
If it's good enough for Tyler Brule it's good enough for me.
>>
>>10824493
Likewise. It's like that person (male or female) who's really hot and doesn't need to shower because they're always just genetically blessed dirty hot.
>>
>>10827776
To be fair, they both belong in the tribe of 80s overpowered scents that announced your presence in a room ten seconds before you actually entered it. There were some high end restaurants in Manhattan who actually banned their guests from wearing it.
>>
>>10828645
This. Also:
>stop liking what I can't afford
>>
>>10827730
I mourn EVERY DAY for the loss of the old Fahrenheit. The current one is still very good, but it's like a hologram of its former self. Try to get the one with the blue packaging on ebay; that's the premium stuff.

That being said, I'm a grill and wear the new Fahrenheit whenever I'm going out and feel like getting fucked.
>>
>>10829322
Get a little thing of Terre D'Hermes or ysl l'homme (the original, not the flankers) and see how you like it. My advice.
>>
>>10829478
>>10829520
>candle discussion

My nigga. Try to see if there's a place in your area that sells Voluspa candles. They're not stupidly expensive but the scents are elegant and well-packaged (the maison noir collection specifically) and completely transform a room. It's coconut oil wax.
>>
>>10827798
the only overrated fragrance house is Creed
>>
>>10830775
this is probably the only true statement you can say about fragrance
>>
File: 1392960159517.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1392960159517.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>10810669
>Male
>Turned 18 not long ago
>Any, preferably ones for more versatile climates but anything in cool temperature or so is what I'd want mostly
>Casual wear/True coziness situations
I'm really okay with anything except over the top florals I really enjoy exotic notes (think Ink, Cobblestone, Earth/Geosmin, etc.)

I would say a good example is the I Hate Perfume line. Their samples are a lot so I've only tried a couple. Or fragrances from D.S & Durga
>>
>>10830056
someone? I havent found anything on youtube and I dont know since its was so cheap..
>>
>>10830056
It's meant to be a pretty 'old' smell, unless they reformulated it recently. As long as you don't over apply it, it can work for both uni/school and going out. Think it's more of year round scent rather than really being tied in with any particular season mostly because it isn't particularly heavy on any one note. It was $20 though, hardly the worst blind buy ever though when you think about it. Versace has never really been that high up on my list for fragrances, but that may just be because I haven't actually found anything from them that I actually like.

Anyone else struggle to find spring/summer colognes? Most of them just seem to be overloaded on citrus bursts, which makes the whole thing sorta boring. A lot of modern ones seem to be way too heavy to use in spring/summer. If they're not heavy then they seem to have gone down the floral route which is ok I guess but at the same time floral everyday in spring/summer as a guy is just really boring. I guess what I'm trying to say is, what do people use during spring/summer that aren't just citrus bursts or floral?
>>
>>10831263
>what do people use during spring/summer that aren't just citrus bursts or floral?
you'd be hard pressed to find a lot that doesn't at least have a little bit of those

try looking up Bvlgari Blv pour homme, Lalique White, and Prada Infusion de Vetiver
>>
File: pww-246_1z.jpg (214KB, 1248x1600px) Image search: [Google]
pww-246_1z.jpg
214KB, 1248x1600px
>>10831263

My Summer scent ist Nautica Voyage. Its about 20€ and smells just fresh and clean.
>>
I love /fra/ - one of my favorite generals on 4chan - but here are some suggestions for making it even better:
>/fra/ x other interests
what is the ITAOTS of fragrance? (hint: secretions magnifiques)
>POWER RANKINGS
top 5 vetiver frags ready go
>incense, home fragrance
see above
>>
>>10831409
best way to ruin a thread, introduce power rankings so that everyone posts the same 5 of 6 things over and over again and every post becomes

>x frag?
>lolfag get taste

you're a colossal faggot for even suggesting this shit, just discuss the actual shit like a normal person
>>
>>10831409
>top 5 vetiver frags

1. Chanel Sycomore
2. Le Labo Vetyver 46
3. Prada Infusion de Vetiver
4. Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician
5. L'Artisan Timbuktu

9001. L'Artisan Coeur de Vetiver Sacre
>>
>>10831448
lolfag get taste
>>
>>10831448
lol get fag taste
>>
>>10830482
i just tried the santiago huckleberry one today, beautiful
>>
>>10828708
>DW Home
my local TJ Maxx had some of their candles, too. Warm Pipe Tobacco is awesome.
>>
>>10830431
Wait what? Opium pH came out in 1995. Where did you hear about restaurants banning it? Link?
Not being argumentative, genuine interest.
>>
Cop 1 fl.oz of Carnal Flower for $35? Good deal?
>>
>>10832225
Sure why not
>>
>>10832225
considering 1.7 oz. retails for $255 USD, i'd say yes.

Is it legit, and how can I beat you to that deal?
>>
>>10827509
>looking for a present to a girl
>>10827730
>for your girl
>>10827738
>Vintage Opium
>>10830431
>80s
>>10832166
>Wait what?
>>
>>10832639
> Opium not pour Homme
Ok yeah that must've been a beast. Even the current incarnation has weapons-grade sillage. Now I believe the restaurant-ban story.
>>
>>10832674
Yep. I have a vintage bottle and it is a stone cold masterpiece, but very dangerous in the wrong hands. 1/2 spray too much and it will make people's eyes water, and cold weather only unless you can do like 1/4 spray.
>>
Since people are talking about candles and shit here. Where exactly do people cop halfway decent candles in central Europe ( Czech republic). There are fuck all midrange things here, it jumps from shitty tesco ones that are just a complete waste of space to shit like Diptique etc
>>
>>10829478
>disappointed with Target's Chesapeake Bay (or whatever) line
yeah, their Archaeology line is pretty mediocre, too. some of them smell great unlit, but when they are actually burning it comes off as just a generic candle scent to me
>>
What is copping?
>>
>>10833180
Getting arrested for stealing clothes/accessories
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 276x260px
>>10833180
Extracting the copper from untreated rock releases different essential oils which are unique to the mineral content in the stone.

Copping is the act of bottling these oils in order to create perfumes and colognes.
>>
>>10833180
it's dealing with something emotionally stressful or traumatic
>>
>>10815261
>>10815261

ordered a decant of Oud Wood and I wasnt impressed after all the talk ive seen of that fragrance. just received Versace Oud Noir in the mail today and I will say i'm liking this one better. they do smell a bit similar but I feel like Oud Noir has more personality.. I'm only about 2 hours in with wearing Oud Noir so I cant quite comment on the longevity but I'd say for the price difference (Oud Noir is around $60 knocked down from $180 i think) and the similarity in scent, you should absolutely try out Oud Noir.if you liked TF's Oud Wood

Also received Gucci by Gucci today, which I sampled in a fragrance store, and enjoyed..
>>
>>10833307

everybody knows that.
>>
>>10833244
>>10833307
>>10833309
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>10833180
Buying something, fuccboi
>>
>>10833180
A participle
>>
Is it cool to use colognes from like the drug store or are they all bad? Are there any suggestions for drug store fragrances?
>>
>>10833770
I don't like drug store frags, I prefer grocery store ones.
>>
>>10833770

how are we meant to know what frags your local drugstore stocks?
>>
>>10815870
Caron pour homme
>>
>just found out some perfumes use gunpowder as a fragrance note

I was curious, so researched some perfumes that have it. Union's "Gunpowder Rose" sounds right up my alley, but I can't find samples anywhere online. Anyone got some?
>>
>>10834767
not what you're asking for, but you could try LCM's no 28. sample set comes with two other awesome sounding frags for 30.
http://www.lcmfragrance.com/products/lcm-sample-set
>>
File: new_bod_trio_rramwblk.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
new_bod_trio_rramwblk.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>10833770
you mean shit like Bod? stay the fuck away from that
>>
>>10835602
>tfw junior high
>>
>>10813853
I love Wonderstruck.

Also, more than 50 bucks on perfume is autism unless you have really, really specific tastes. I use Midnight Pomegranate from B&B works and it smells lovely. Also, I think guys smell nicer with light, ocean type scents rather than the heavy musk of popular perfumes. But I prefer light scents in general.
>>
File: la chasse aux papillions.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
la chasse aux papillions.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
So I just got a whiff of this stuff. Problem is I'm a dude, and I wouldn't be able to pull it off. So I'm requesting a bit more masculine fragrances with white floral notes such as tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, etc.
>>
>>10836326
Polo white
>>
>>10836359
Lacoste, I mean
>>
>>10836326
>Problem is I'm a dude, and I wouldn't be able to pull it off
Not necessarily, try wearing it out and around and see how you feel about it. I personally much prefer florals to citrus in warm weather (Le Labo Lys 41 for me)

Anyways, try ELd'O Jasmin et Cigarette or, if you have cash, Reflection Man by Amouage
>>
File: IMG-20160114-WA0002.jpg (695KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160114-WA0002.jpg
695KB, 2448x3264px
So I asked (even in this general) if someone has experience with Versace L'homme and noone answered, so I will now talk about it since I got it today.
So I sprayed it on myself and nearly vomited. I hat to change my tshirt imediately. This Fragrance smells like these toilette stones all the way. Maybe its good if you are 50+ but nothing for me. At least I know why it cost only 20€
>>
>>10836435
I sprayed it on my wrist and wanted tk wait if maybe it will be better after a hour, but this smells so bad I had to wash it of and averspray it with Dior Homme Intense. Worst purchase I ever have done.
>>
Are there any deodorants you guys would recommend?
>>
File: IMG_20160114_151922.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_151922.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
>>10836460
I would recomend you deodarants without smell, if you wear Fragrances. But if you want one for the smell try Old Spice "wolfthorn", I really like it. If I wouldnt wear Parfume this would be my scent.
>>
>>10836467
Cool, thank you.
>>
>>10836435
Had the same kind of experiences with nearly all older perfumes. Eau Sauvage, number one, pour monsieur, you name it. That kind of smell seems to have been very "in" back in the 50s. Why Versace thought it was a good idea to make one of those in the 80s is beyond me. As is how anyone under the age of 60 can think they smell good.
>>
File: image.jpg (893KB, 2364x2364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
893KB, 2364x2364px
>>10836460
Malin + Goetz does the best deodorant I've ever owned. Expensive but lasts about 4-6 months per stick.
>>
>>10836460
If you want scented, I like Old Spice Lionpride, After Hours, Citron, and Amber, but I usually just go unscented+perfume
>>
YSL La Nuit D'Homme Frozen Cologne during the day and Creed Aventus if i go out.
>>
>"anon smells so nice today"

what the fuck slash /fa/? I didn't even have deodorant on, let alone a fragrance
>>
>>10836697
Congratulations, you showered and don't smell terrible.
>>
>>10836460
>>10836634
Don't buy Old Spice deodorant they'll stain your clothes
>>
>>10836697
You probably usually wear too much cologne. Take the hint.
>>
>>10836739
What's a good deodorant?
>>
>>10836802
I don't own Cologne, legitimately the only thing I own is some Lynx spray

plsdonthateme
>>
>>10837250
See
>>10836576
>>
>>10830449
Hm? Can you or anyone tell me the Exact difference between the original and the refomulation? I like Fahrenheit which is peculiar because all the notes in it are usually ones that would make me not look twice or run the opposite direction. It's kinda strong and smells flammable, almost reminiscent of when I tried Tokyomilk's Bulletproof (Which was absolutely revolting. Challenging in it's disgustingness actually)
>>
>>10837250
I use Mitchum. Some people use Tom's of Maine deodorant. They're both scentless and aluminum-free so they won't stain your clothes.
>>
>>10836431
stupid question -
the powdery smell of white florals kills my boner
are white florals intrinsically powdery?
>>
What do you guys think of Tom Ford Black Orchid?
>>
>>10837736
good projection, good longevity, crowd pleaser, affordable.

a solid workhorse fragrance.
>>
>>10837572

One way of looking at it is that the reformulation has everything the original had but the mixtures just seem a little off, the notes aren't as strong or the notes just don't hit as hard. I mean, it's not like it's a completely new scent or anything, it's just a little less exciting. It's sort of gone from having leather undertones with other notes to being something with leather notes that have undertones from other notes if that makes sense.
>>
>>10836739
>Don't buy Old Spice deodorant they'll stain your clothes
Only anti-perspirants, not regular deodorants, that use aluminum compounds, and not just Old Spice, every brand will
>>
>>10837353
>Lynx spray
That's a deodorant, so you own one
>>
Should you wear cologne to a funeral? If so, what kind?
>>
>>10838211
1 Million so you can mack on some emotionally vulnerable shortys
Secretions Magnifique if you want to be respectful
>>
Looking for some help on what to purchase next. Currently in the dead of winter where I live. My current rotation is: Burberry London, Dior Homme, F by Ferragamo Black, Givenchy Play Intense, Lanvin Avant Garde, Mont Blanc Individuel & Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight In Paris. These are all the ones on my radar/what I'm considering. Pretty much plan on purchasing most of these, just currently stumped as to what I should go for next:
Bentley for Men Intense
Bvlgari Man In Black
Ermenegildo Zegna Intenso
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
L'Instant de Guerlain
Hugo Boss Bottled Intense
John Varvatos Vintage
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Rochas Man
>>
>>10838312
John Varvatos is pretty dece, but the lineup you have already is good as is. Especially the Midnight in Paris. It gets me the most complements for cold nights and afternoons. My girl loves it.
>>
>>10838211
No, unless there was a reason for it.
>>
>>10831263
Was just looking around for summer spring fragrances before going off to Bangladesh for a field/research trip for the first time.

On the third day there, in the balmy heat of night surrounded by the sounds of crickets and cars honking, it hit me. That one fragrance I had tried just once, on a strip of paper came rushing back to me, the spice, rain, heat and coolness. Never experienced anything like it. I suddenly 'got' the fragrance and couldn't stop dreaming of it the rest of the journey through Bangladesh.

Needless to say, I copped Un Jardin apres la Mousson right away after I got back.
>>
>>10838211
if it's something understated, like you'd wear to school or work, i don't see a problem
>>
File: tabac-edc_4e65fe9176bb1.jpg (108KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
tabac-edc_4e65fe9176bb1.jpg
108KB, 550x550px
>>10833770
Also
Agua Lavanda
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
All fantastic. Would pay many times their sticker price.
>>
>>10836326
>I'm a dude, and I wouldn't be able to pull it off
Try harder. It's great.
>>
>>10831263

I'm not a citrus fan either but Jean Claude Ellena makes wonders with citrus notes. Just copped a bottle of TdH and two minis of Eau trés Fraiche, both will be great in the warmer seasons I feel (TdH more for spring, EtF for summer), I highly recommend both. Can't wait to try out the Un Jardin line as well.
>>
>>10823360
Not a huge fan of rose but there are much better options than Rose31 imo. Amouage Lyric Man or Xerjoff More Than Words are infinitely better.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 1000x1000px
L'eau d'Issey by miyake - the feminine one - opinions?

I smelled a sample of it from a magazine and I loved it

then I smelled it in a store and it wasn't very good at all - very old lady-ish. I was so disappointed.
They only had the eau de parfum for sampling though, so maybe it was just too strong? I might just take the risk and get the eau de toilette and see if it smells as nice as the page sample. I only use cash so I couldn't get a sample online even if I wanted to

The drawer that I stuck the sample in still smells of the perfume, it's wonderful

I thought the pour homme version was very nice but I've only smelled it on myself and je ne suis pas un homme
>>
>>10837353
So you still smell like crap.
>>
>>10840062
Do you wear it? How do people react?
>>
>>10836460
I like old spice amber on me if I'm not wearing fragrance
>>
are basic, 1-3 scented oils + unscented deodorant do-able?

I'm trying to find a scent that isn't too expensive (wears cheap nautica) but wont make me smell like a 14 year old on his first date

>store I work at sells these for like 7 dollars
>they leak on hands when putting them on shelves
>smell like "egyptian godess"
>get compliments
>???

Serious thoughts /fg/
>>
>>10840408
>are basic, 1-3 scented oils + unscented deodorant do-able?
sure why not

and aren't they more concentrated than EdTs and EdPs? shouldn't need to use as much, too
>>
>>10841170
Problem is, using oils only results in zero projection.
>>
File: 61CbllYdeyL._SY355_.jpg (12KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61CbllYdeyL._SY355_.jpg
12KB, 355x355px
Got pic related while tagging along with the fiancee to Sephora. I absolutely love it, leagues better than the basic shit I've had in the past. I'm interested in similar colognes as well, but I'd also like some advice on fruitier scents. I'm already going to add Tom Ford Oud Wood and Spice Bomb to my collection, but I need somethings for summer as well. Any advice?
>>
>>10840408
>>10841193
You can spray on molecule one with some essential oils for interesting results. The Iso E Super in molecule helps the projection/longevity of the oils.
>>
>>10841203
Flowerbomb smells better than Spicebomb in my opinion. I hate Spicebomb.
>>
>>10841203
try Imaginary Authors - Every Storm A Serenade or really just any of their summer fragrances
>>
>>10841203
If you got the money to buy a Tom Ford Private Blend, why are fucking around with Spicebomb?
>>
>>10842024
Because there's good designer scents too?
>>
>>10841527
I'm the complete opposite flower bomb is cloying to me
>>
>>10842050
Tom Ford Private Blend is designer, but your point still stands. There are good frags at every price point
>>
>>10842050
And Spicebomb is not one of them
>>
>>10840378
Yep. No one has reacted one way or the other, but I haven't worn it that much yet. I wear it for myself anyway.
>>
>>10842414
Yeah, I've got a 2ml sample of the stuff. Gonna take your advice and wear it out a few times and see how it feels. If ask goes well, I'll cop a bottle.
>>
File: o.20337.jpg (33KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
o.20337.jpg
33KB, 500x390px
How do you guys feel about Imaginary Authors (good/bad/ugly)? Pricing is good but reviews are all over the place.
>>
new to fragrances but trying to buy my first. how long did you guys shop around and sniff stuff? not sure if i should just take the plunge and just buy something to start w/ bc i don't know if i know my taste very well yet

also, i'd love recommendations. i enjoy fragrances that are a bit spicy/woody, ideally with some faint floral/fruity tones (but i find most floral fragrances super cloying). somewhat unisex.

i love jo malone pomegranate noir and am thinking of buying. jo malone wood sage and sea salt is really nice but too strong for me.

also enjoyed margiela jazz club

also, idk if this is a dumb question but when do you guys wear fragrances? just everyday? special occasions? dates?
>>
>>10841193
>using oils only results in zero projection.
You have obviously never been to a mosque or around hippies.
>>
So I've been enjoying Versace Oud Noir quite a bit. I apply some lotion before I spray as my skin is impossibly dry. considering something more intensive as my next buy. this is really turning into something like a hobby for me
>>
>>10843313
I sampled for nearly a year and a few dozen scents before I finally bought something. I suppose I could've copped sooner, but I just kept putting it off. You really have to spend time with the perfumes if you can. I rec 3mL but definitely more than 1; done some 180s on frags I thought about copping initially but not toward the end of that sample.

And yeah, I wear perfume almost everyday whether I have something planned or not.
>>
>>10841527
I thoguht it was the women's version of spicebomb. Is it unisex?
>>
Just getting into the Fragrance game. I bought Nautica Voyage but I feel like buying another cologne. I only have money to get one (that's under $100). What should I go for? Currently I am thinking of getting either

>Paco Robanne - One Million
>Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
>Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio
>Yves Saint Laurent - L'Homme
>>
>>10844300
>Etat Libre D'Orange - Secretions Magnifique
>>
>>10844300
All memes. Lurk more anon
>>
>>10843313
>when do you guys wear fragrances? just everyday? special occasions? dates?
Yes. Yes. And yes. Once you get in to it, you get a feel for what work in which situation and will pick a fragrance just like any other item in your wardrobe. It's just another aspect of how you want to present yourself to people. Of course I also wear stuff around the house. Often it's to try something new and see how it works on me, but sometimes it's just to satiate a craving for a certain scent.

And seconding >>10843731 . Sometimes it takes several, or many, wearings to either "get" a scent or to realize that what smelled so good at first in the store isn't really that interesting once you get to know it.
>>
>>10844300
Nothing inherently wrong with mall-core designer fragrances, but the only decent one you mentioned is l'homme. Lurk a bit more.
>>
>>10843731
Yeah, that's the way to do it. A lot of people, when they first get into fragrances, buys way too many fragrances.

Do your research and only buy what love, is my tip if you want to avoid spending money on fragrances you end up never wearing.
>>
>>10843764
It's a bit feminine but I don't see why it can't be unisex.
>>
>>10843731
>done some 180s on frags I thought about copping initially but not toward the end of that sample.
what is Creed Aventus
>>
>buying a brand name

And not even one you can show off.
Sheep.
>>
File: smug_elly.png (272KB, 373x340px) Image search: [Google]
smug_elly.png
272KB, 373x340px
>>10845048
>>
>>10843731
>>10844529
>>10844549
thanks for the help!

it looks like surrendertochance has a few of the things i'm interested in so i'll buy some samples off there to try out some frags

really appreciate the help
>>
>>10844300
L'Homme > Acqua di Gio > Le Male > 1 Million
>>
anyone have any experiences with TF TL and noir de noir?
I'm really in love with these but I can't make up my mind which one I want
definitely one of the two is going to be my next purchase
>>
>>10845048
>>buying a brand name

As opposed to what faggot
>>
>>10844300
Aside from 1 Million, none of those are bad first choices. They're pretty common, which annoys a lot of /fa/, but if you're starting out and don't mind smelling like a million other people then go nuts. Really it's all up to what you like
>>
>>10842303
Since when does /fa/ hate spice bomb? When it first came out it was damn near on every cop list. Is it literally just "it got too popular"? I only ended up trying it out because /fa/ wouldn't stop dick riding for it.
>>
>>10845354
Seconded
>>
>>10845429
>smelling like a million other people
In 2015, how many people did you smell AdG on? LM? etc? I'd say fewer than three for me here in LA. Even the most popular scents aren't that common out there in the real world.
>>
>>10845354
Yes.
>>
>>10845479
23% is more than I would have guessed.
>>
>>10845504
>>10845479
Close up. Yeah me too, but even of the 36% of men who wear frags at least "most times," I'd guess most of them are wearing Axe/Lynx or some Walmart frag.
>>
>>10845375
Get Tuscan Leather since I'm about to pull the trigger on Noir de Noir
>>
I just smelled TF Noir for the first time and it reminded me of Fahrenheit. Anyone else had that? It's not listed under "reminds people of" on fragrantica.
>>
>>10844300
Nautica was one of my first too, since its a "everyday" scent,I baught Dior Homme Intense to it, to go out and god im very very happy with it. Try a sample of it.
>>
>>10845479
>>10845504
>>10845513
Is this Americans? Americans use fragrances way less than Euros.
>>
>>10845521
Maybe it's a common note they share?
>>
>>10843180
can't wait to sample. Bull's Blood, among others, sounds great
>>
What are some good colognes for under $30 that aren't Nautica Voyage?
>>
File: 1440012440201.png (486KB, 473x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440012440201.png
486KB, 473x960px
>>10846136
>Perry Ellis - 360 Red
>Van Cleef and Arpels - Midnight in Paris
>Anything by Cuba Paris
>Davidoff - Cool Water
>Tony Bahama - Set Sail St. Barts
>Lomani - Ab Spirit Silver
>Glenn Perri - Unpredictable Adventure
>Michael Jordan - Michael Jordon Legend
>Bvlgari - BLV Pour Homme
>Reyane - Insurrection Pure II
>Coty - Vanilla Musk
>Sean John - Unforgivable
>Myurgia - Yacht Man Chocolate
>Al-Rehab - Silver
>Bath & Body Works - Sea Island Cotton
>Muelhens - 4711
>Lolita Lempicka - Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka
>Coty - Aspen
>Bath & Body Works - Coconut Lime Verbena (God bless your soul if you can find it, if you do buy it ASAP)
>>
>>10846441
Bath & Body Works has some of the most impressive hit or miss selections. I own the original Sensual Amber and I couldn't imagine not having it, it's amazing. They also have a habit of discontinuing their best stuff.
>>
>>10846136
I own or have owned at least 1/3 of >>10846441 and can attest to them, so I'd assume the whole list was legit. Also adding:
>>10840058
and
360º Black For Men
4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser
Aramis
Drakkar Noir
Encre Noir
Halston 1-12 & Z-14
Lapidus pour Homme
Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
Paul Sebastian PS
Salvador Dali pour Homme
TL pour Lui
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.