[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_6987.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6987.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
What does /fa/ do when they're not shopping or lurking on here? Personally, I do photography, produce music, and make short films. (Picture related)
>>
File: IMG_3693.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3693.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>10801430
More pictures I've taken
>>
File: IMG_6169.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6169.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>10801457
Here's another
>>
>>10801430
recently i've been addicted to masturbation
>>
>>10801473
Thats a good way to waste time
>>
origami
>>
currently going to college for music so I guess you could say this is my hobby and music is muh lyfe. also bikes... I like bikes.
>>
What do you make films about and how do you go about it, its been an interest of mine for a while but I've never gotten into it.
>>
>>10801525
what type of music do you do?
>>
>>10801530
I make films about anything and everything. Just recently made a film a minute long about nothing. If I were you I would either start with you phone camera or a cheap DSLR. Then get some good software, no iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, get something like Adobe Premire Pro or Final Cut Pro. After you have a camera and your software, go out and shoot. Shoot whatever you want and do it however you want to. If you are just starting out, I would recommend trying to not focus/do to many things at once with a camera (i.e. frequent pans and zooms) as these can take away from the film and many young film makers fall into this trap as they think the more stuff in a film I have, the more interesting/better my film is. Also, make sure to mess around with your camera and know it before you start to shoot. Finally, if you want to make larger films or for that matter any good short film, you will most likely have to write a screenplay. I recommend Celtx as it is free and very easy to use. When you start writing screenplays, it will be tough at first. However, work in small steps, 20 minutes a day, then progress from there. The key to writing good screenplays and making good movies is to make it a habit to practice often and learn from your mistakes. Good luck.
>>
File: Kid ayy lmao.png (421KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
Kid ayy lmao.png
421KB, 500x489px
>>10801533
I'm writing just normal classical like solos and stuff for fellow students, but my main interest composition wise is definitely minimalism. But when it comes to music other than classical I would fucking love to be in some sort of Andrew Jackson Jihad type band.
>mfw only knows how to play classical instrument
>>
>>10801578
What instrument?
>>
>>10801593
played to sax for about 9 or 10 years and currently learning the piano. Gonna start learning the clarinet and flute hopefully soon enough.
>>
>>10801609
Cool. I used to play violin, now I just produce.
>>
>>10801457
Is that the Chase building in Dallas?

Also I write electronic music, play instruments, and drink as hobbies.
>>
File: 1450009937300.jpg (73KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
1450009937300.jpg
73KB, 600x532px
>>10801578
>folkpunk
my man
>>
>>10801672
Yes it is family, are you from the 214?
>>
I write music and play some bass
>>
im into acting, improv, stand up

i fuck around a little with art, you know drawing, painting, collages, sculptures and shit

write scripts, monologues, stories, poems (not anything official yet, just for funsies and self pleasure)

learning to play piano

i enjoy creative exercises

listen to a lot of /mu/

play a lot of /v/

watch a lot of /tv/

plan/take roadtrips, try to explore nature, towns and cities, everything

then theres just the usual stuff, hanging with friends, hanging with bf, riding bike, walking around town
>>
File: plastic gun.jpg (69KB, 1017x753px) Image search: [Google]
plastic gun.jpg
69KB, 1017x753px
>>10801430
make liberals cry

#fuck you obama
>>
I make field recordings

I jog

I drink
>>
I probably spend half of all my days now working on a new project or continuing another. Most recently started singing and I'm improving my street photography skills. Releasing stuff i'm proud of keeps me feeling on top of the world.
>>
I make mediocre folky type music occasionally.

Its something.
>>
>>10802827
>stand up
>hanging with bf

are u actually a female wanna be not funny comedian or are u gay
>>
File: image.jpg (431KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431KB, 2048x1365px
I take pictures, I post them on a private Instagram account. Rate my photos
>>
File: image.jpg (537KB, 1365x1707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537KB, 1365x1707px
>>10802951
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 1365x1707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 1365x1707px
>>10802953
>>
>>10802955
i also ride a shitty, fixed gear conversion
>>
>>10802901

im fem lol, i know, "women arent funny" blah blah women are equal feminist rant blah

i will admit that i myself dont find most women comedians funny, in fact they get cringey as hell. *shrug* sadly thats just how it is. i like to think of myself as superior thouh ;- )
>>
>>10802955
who is she?
>>
>>10802955
In show off, man!
>>
>>10803033
She's my grandmother
>>
>>10803045
What
>>
I dance in the style of popping. Its really fun.
>>
Hiking
Urban Exploring
Cycling
Wild Swimming
Reading
Designing
>>
File: Fit_cartoon_3.png (102KB, 560x477px) Image search: [Google]
Fit_cartoon_3.png
102KB, 560x477px
>gym
>guitar
>programming
>travel

Used to downhill longboard till i started valuing my spine
>>
>>10802827
Shit, are you me?
>>
bmx, music, work
>>
Tea. I collect, import and taste tea as a hobby. It's kinda expensive, but I like it.
>>
>>10803345
theres a 50/50 chance that the answer is yes
>>
>>10802955
took some tabs eh?
>>
>>10801430

i work, look at shit on the internet, and save money til i can go see Bassnectar again.
>>
listening to music, buying records, dj, draw
>>
File: ay.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>10803399
Dude that sounds fucking awesome.

How would I start doing that?
>>
>>10801430
I've been playing and studying piano since 7. Teached myself to play guitar and think i'm good at it. One day I will self release some of my music and see if someone likes it; one of the things i really don't like about me is that i haven't put enough effort to gather and buy equipment to record my own shit. I'm 23 now, guess I gotta hurry up.
Aside from that, I like to collect and read books about Anthropology, History, and Linguistics. And that's it.
Pretty cool photos, OP; btw.
>>
>>10802951
>>10802953
pictures of nothing
>>10802955
p cool, crop it though
>>
>tfw no cool hobbies
I used to be heavy into writing but recently its gotten bretty boring.
I like to hike but i have no car so i can't get to places to hike.
Urban exploration is cool, i live near town so a walk into a town will provide me with a few places to break into and look around in.
I make music sometimes, shitty rapping and instrumental production but not very serious with it at all.
Usually i just sit inside or go to work or party
>>
>>10804080
hey its alright. sounds like youre still living a lot more than many people do.
>>
>>10802884
just wondering how did you get into photograpgy
been thinking about trying myself
>>
Dj and Produce

I just picked skating back up too
>>
>>10801457
Holy shit
Big surprise that u do all that and come from FA
>>
>>10801691

Not him but 214 reporting in

Lets hang family
>>
>>10804460
Take photos? Honestly I can't remember but picking a subject you enjoy is the most important thing. Me personally I take photos of people, trying to capture an emotion or moment. But you can focus on anything, architecture, light, events, fashion. After a while you'll get a gut feeling every time you see something you want to photograph.
>>
taught myself how to produce music, been at it for about 2 years.

Just signed my first remix to Universal a few weeks ago.

Feels good.

Also play footy in a competitive/beer league with a bunch of my buddies.
>>
>>10804460
>>10805846
Oh and I tell everyone this but take photos of people you know, be relentless about it (without pissing them off too much). They're way more willing to pose or do random shit and 10 years down the line all those photos will be cool as shit.
>>
Ride motorbikes when its not raining
Urban exploring with friends
Rock climbing and free climbing
Browse for new music (developing artists)
/v/idya
>>
>>10803107
I like to do urban styled dance too anon
>>
Mostly boring shit
Driving around
Gym
Video games
Cooking
And specially finding new music

Also i always wanted to be a producer. Can any anon give me some direction on where to start learning? I tried some software before but coudnt get anything together
>>
smoke with friends
TV and movies
League of Legends

I'm graduating next year and I feel like I wasted my life
>>
>>10806378
It's not a waste of you enjoyed it
>>
File: 844.jpg (297KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
844.jpg
297KB, 1080x1080px
ridding my bike at late hours and make "artsy" self portraits of me showing my dick.
>>
I literally have no hobbies outside of school. How do I stop being a vapid shell of a person?
>>
Archery and bowyering

Programming.
>>
>>10806463
>go to youtube
>start with a pleb video like "PEOPLE ARE AMAZING 2015"
>Watch something XXxcoolxXX
>tell to yourself "this cool as shit, I could totally do this"
>attempt
>attempt
>fail horrendously.
>question your life
>repeat.

I got into Fruitbooting with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_fFrdSKlg
>>
>>10806337

I make music. starting from scratch was the worst but hours in Ableton everyday for year(s) payed off for me.

the fact that you quit after "not being able to get anything together" tells me you don't have the drive or ambition to do something like this.
>>
>>10806443
What frame is that bruv
>>
>>10806630
Maybe you're right. The only thing i was able to focus on for more than a few months was programming, but then again, thats because of college, so yea
>>
>>10806665

i don't mean to sound like an asshole, its just I hear so many of my peers complaining that its hard and complicated/not worth the effort.

the truth is i would get home from uni, sports, work whatever and just sit at my computer for hours and hours for months on end till I finally knew what I was doing.
>>
Music production
>maschine mk2 - rap / r&b

masturbation, substance abuse, eating. Vidya, sometimes reading about paranormal shit, or history. About to finish The Richest Man in Babylon, then plan on reading Infinite Jest. Brown women are fun too, and by brown I mean like, Arab / Jordanian
Exploring the countryside w/ a .22 and a quad w/ a full tank of gas.
Programming C++, learning Objective C currently, then RoR
>>
I'm a degenerate serious competitive MTG player. I also am going to art school for photography so thats a hobby.
>>
>>10807034
Did you ever play on Cockatrice? That was my shit. I started playing in m12 / New Phyrexia and dabbled for two years, enjoyed every bit of it
>>
>>10807037
I do sometimes for testing, but I don't play for fun on there much anymore. I really should. I go to the LGS a few times a week so I get my fix.
>>
>>10801430
Film making is probably the most original hobbie you have desu. What kind of films?
>>
>>10807041
You ever win any fnm's?
>>
>>10807045
Oh sure, plenty, including this last Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. I'd been playing 2 years this September and right now I'm just playing the deck that won the last PT and numerous GPs.
>>
>>10801471
ISO is too low.
>>
>>10801430
>>10801457
>>10801471
these look like typical "im so depp" instagram photos.

was that the joke?
>>
>>10801573
lol are you 14?
>>
>>10803902
Depends on your ressources. I first got into western style tea but for tasting purpose you might want to find a chinese tea place or high end chinese restaurant and ask if they do guided tasting sessions. Kinda like eunology. It takes times and a certain amount of dedication, but it's worth it. I'm myself more into japanese tea and it's history is heavily linked with buddhism and contemplation/meditation, I like the atmosphere it sets.
>>
>>10802953
Looks pretty good
>>
>>10806253
Anyone you dance with names I would know? I dance with the 818 poppers like Boogie Frantick,Hazze, Devious.
>>
I've just finished carpentry and joinery at college and have gone into a restoration work apprenticeship.

I also play guitar.
>>
>>10801430
I play Mtg at pro levels
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.