[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

File: cara-tfbo.jpg (124KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
cara-tfbo.jpg
124KB, 800x621px
Last thread 300+ >>10751633
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include sex, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
I got a brand new frag for the holidays and I fucked up and dropped it and now the atomizer is damaged and wont spray out cologne. what do?
>>
>tfw using discontinued drugstore fragrance for years
>$75 dollars per bottle if I want it now
I love it too much to move on.
>>
>>10781780
what is it?
>>
File: promesse.jpg (48KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
promesse.jpg
48KB, 575x350px
>>10781809
>>
>>10781776
dab it on

should still work the same; it might smell a tiny bit different in the beginning since it's not being sprayed, but not radically so
>>
>>10781761
Male/18/0-100$/Winter

Walking around the Seattle area w/friends, window shopping, having a gyro etc.

I like how cool water smells on me, as do other people.
I love tuscany for men.
I dislike overly citrusy shit, as well as musk(though the "right" amount is perfectly fine)

I'm a frag noob. Feel free to disregard the price range, thanks!
>>
>>10781841
if you really enjoy it, buy one bottle. save it for rare, special occasions.

>>10781853
silver mountain water
>>
Again, asking around if anyone has any opinions on any (or a few) of these:
>Black CdG
>Chergui (SL)
>L'incendiare (SL)
>Tuscan Leather (TF)
> Bois d'Encens (Armani)
They run in more or less the same scent family (tobacco or leather, incense) and I've just gotten samples of all of them (nothing short of miraculous in London, phew) but haven't gotten to testing them out yet.

Would be useful if anyone has even tried testers of these to comment.
>>
>>10782008
I tried Tuscan leather. It smells like ass out of the bottle but once it hits your skin it's like magic. It lasts you forever, I put it on 2 mornings ago and yesterday when I woke up I still smelled it when I smelled my wrist. Incredible, get a sample.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
Thoughts? Got a 1.7 oz bottle and I really dig it but I don't know what other people think.
>>
What do you guys think about Versace Eros? Been using it for a few years and i like it but i want to improove my frag game. 70 - 130$ price range.
>>
Bvlgari man extreme? Thoughts? Anything like it with a cactus note
I wanna keep it more for the bottle design but overall I think it would be a waste due to lame projection and longevity
>>
>>10782008
>>10782163
Hated Tuscan Leather, much much too old for me. It gives off the "I have money" vibe. Good for formal events. Not for me.
Matter of fact other than Venetian Bergamot, I don't care for Tom Ford's private blends.

On an off note I tried some creed samples from a Sacs not too long ago and there were a few nice ones, but not too remarkable especially when you consider the price (I'm looking at you Aventus) However I was completely blown away by Imperial Millesime. It smelled even better out of the bottle on my skin. Even the longevity on my skin was longer than many reviews. Excellent, will definitely buy a full bottle.

I'd be curious to see more opinions on Creed's scents to anyone who owns them.
>>
>>10782180
for what i remember it was a vanilla mess
>>
What are some projection/longevity beasts that smell good? I'm sick of having all these frags that smell amazing but i can't smell within an hour.
>>
File: perfs.png (27KB, 968x472px) Image search: [Google]
perfs.png
27KB, 968x472px
heads up, perfumedcourt is having 40% off sale items, today only.

here's what i ordered. they're +4 stars, turin's guide.

i haven't smelled any, so i figured i'd try them out.
>>
>>10782238
any family?

black orchid for me has always had crazy projection/longevity. even has a strong drydown.
>>
>>10782238
honestly just spend more money and almost everything more expensive has good longevity and projection
>>10782206
GIT is kind of nice but really bland so I never purchased it
I really like original Santal but I've never got to purchase it considering I have plenty of warm fragrances and I'm looking to have something to wear in the summer
creed is a bad house imo but the prices you can find make it alright to some extent
I'd much rather stick to another house
>>
>>10782294
What houses do you prefer? I love pretty much everything le Labo puts out and even if I don't like how it smells on me personally I usually like the idea behind it.
>>
>>10782170
other people think that you should wear it if you like it
>>
>>10782214
It sort of is. I wanna try something new. Something nicer.. Help me out!
>>
>>10781776
If atomizer is irreparable, take it off by either unscrewing or more likely cutting/prying off the metal crimped on to the glass neck. Once it's off, you can either crimp/glue on another atomizer or more easily, decant in to another bottle.

One great vendor that has everything you will need is http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/products.html
>>
>>10782008
Chergui is nice in colder weather, but very linear and easy to overapply. TL is brutal, but in a good way.
>>
>>10782278
Good looking out, thanks! Checking out their selection right now.
>>
>>10782008
>Chergui (SL)
very nice, but can be heady and, like the other anon said, linear and easy to overapply

>Tuscan Leather (TF)
only leather scent i've tried that doesn't give me a headache nor instantly remind me of the inside of a purse
>>
>>10782419
TF is my fav house
le labo makes great scents but not wearable by my standards everything just seems like something id spruce up a room with

im still playing around with fragrances so i havent been able to explore very much but some of the fragrances from the expensive dior collection are kinda nice but very linear and boring
not to add that the bottle reminds me of a shampoo container rather than fragrance
>>
>>10782620
>>10782671
After testing it, I've been completely smitten by TL. I think it's incredible, buttery smooth leather, raspberry notes. People say that it apparently definitely gives off a 'high-roller, suave' scent, but a surprisingly large amount of people online commented that it smells 100% of cocaine and that it's all they can associate it with so they can't stand it. I don't now- I've never tried, and it'll be hilarious getting sniffed by dogs because of it (or not...)

Now if only I could afford it. Maybe I'll cave in and get that infamous clone of it...
>>
File: rack.png (372KB, 1200x620px) Image search: [Google]
rack.png
372KB, 1200x620px
both tacky as fuck, extremely generic and sweet

But, which one is better?
>>
>>10783093

well, I bought both of these.. and ended up giving 1 Million to my bro for xmas.. I wear Invictus on a semi-daily basis, so I would go with Invictus
>>
>>10782589
appreciate this, thanks. the scent is spicebomb btw
>>
>>10782869
>a surprisingly large amount of people online commented that it smells 100% of cocaine

fuck Drake for starting this meme
>>
Anyone have recommendations for deodorant? I sweat a decent amount.
>>
>>10783220
Did you get drunk and toss it like a grenade?
>>
Currently only have Polo Black and Mont Blanc Legend (both purchased for me by gf for Christmas) and I'm really looking to find a scent that I think is less bland. I like them, to an extent, but I feel like they're both kinda generic fragrances, or maybe I just have a shit nose.

I'm a male, 19, and would wear this semi-regularly when going out, but nothing too formal. I really don't know what type of scents I would like; something masculine, but not too much; also might be interested in something light but fragrant (like I've heard Green Irish Tweed is). I think because of the sale on perfumed court, it would be a good time to check out some samples.

Any suggestions? I appreciate it, and if any more info is needed I'd be happy to provide it.
>>
Best summer / spring day fragrance: Bvlgari Aqva

Best summer / spring night fragrance: Aesop Marrakech Intense

Best winter / fall day fragrance: bottega veneta pour homme eau de toilette

Best winter / fall night fragrance: L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain

These are just my opinions, i would love to hear what you /fa/ggots think too.
>>
File: P.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
P.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
Any lesser known recommendations for someone who likes Eau des Baux, Polo Black, and D&G Pour Homme?

I dislike gourmands, woods/ouds, and aquatics.
>>
>>10783256
>Bvlgari Aqva
>L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain

yeah, these are great. haven't tried the other two.
>>
>>10783256
>>10783436
>Bvlgari Aqva

Keep reading that this has a fishy note. That true?
>>
>>10783227
can't diss it
it's a genuinely good fragrance
>>
Anyone got any sweet and dark at the same time gourmands? No cheap shit.
>>
>>10783435
>likes Eau des Baux
>I dislike gourmands, woods
wat
>>
>>10783545
I know it's strange; Eau Des Baux's one of the only ones I like. If there's something else out there similar to it I would try it.

I've tried scents like Wonderwood, Gaultier 2, Rochas Man, etc and they are just headache inducing to me.
>>
>>10782482
Cartier - déclaration d'un soir
>>
>>10783256
>bottega veneta
really fucking good
>>
>Buy Acqua di gio ever since I was a teenager
>Am now 23
>Still buying it
>Not educated enough to know if my fragrance is shit
>Too poor to buy all the shit posted on /fa/

Should I just keep buying it till I die?
>>
>>10783244
The grenade even has this pin mechanism which blocks the atomizer from getting pushed in. It's kind of a clever design touch but I could imagine that getting broken easily.
>>
>>10781757
>Cara does Black Orchid commercial
>Don't want Black Orchid anymore

thanks /fa/.
>>
>>10783256
>L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme
Would you get the EdT or 'extreme' EDP if you had neither? I like the EDP more but I want something for everyday/casual use in the winter.
>>
Looking for a winter/spring time fragrance, but mainly winter.

I'm 19, male, live in northern Europe (cold)
want to use it for daytime purposes like work

Price is not an issue but anything under 100 dollars is preferable.
>>
>>10784251
pls respond
>>
>>10784251
>>10784329
YSL L'homme for spring, La Nuit for Winter.
>>
File: o.33904.jpg (92KB, 387x600px) Image search: [Google]
o.33904.jpg
92KB, 387x600px
>>10784010
Very common, but it's not bad. If you and others enjoy it then there's no reason to stop.

>>10783435
Anyone know where I can get a sample of Loccitane Eau de Vetyver?
>>
>>10784351
>La Nuit
For daytime? idk man

Was thinking about getting Versace The dreamer
>>
>>10784367
For a Northern European day during winter? It could definitely work.
>>
>>10784354
Try emailing them.
>>
>>10782206
>Creed
alright house, but not good for the retail price. they are all a bit safe and have average performance for the most part (Aventus is clearly the best in the regard). many of them also have this same fresh, musky, eye-puffingly powdery base, apparently from ambergris, that is their signature even if it doesn't explicitly list them in the notes.

also from what i've sampled, i only consider buying a full bottle of Himalaya and GIT. in order from favorite to least favorite:

Himalaya - clean, refreshing, cool almost cold. the citruses are more sharp than sweet, good imo, and that is softened by a nice sandalwood, and it dries down to a pleasantly cool woody musk.
Green Irish Tweed - mature, but in a classy way so any age can pull it off. perhaps the classiest scent i know, but also very versatile. can't really compare to Cool Water as i've never tried that.
Virgin Island Water - coconut is too sweet in the beginning, but once that settles a great hot weather, middle of summer scent; worst performance of the bunch, though
Bois du Portugal - good but very mature smelling, maybe the one fragrance i've personally tried where you might want to actually consider your age before wearing
Original Santal - a bit medicinal, ok if unremarkable
Tabarome - LIDG without the cacao, so its worse at 4x the price
Silver Mountain Water - the black currant and bergamot is not green enough imo, and the must is prominent, meaning a big sweet musk smell which is personally the worst combination in perfume.
Aventus - pineapple on the opening is nice, but once that goes away you get sweetened, musky pencil shavings. disgusting.
>>
>>10784351
Holy fuck I love La Nuit, thanks for recommending it dude
>>
What fragrance are you guys wearing right now?
>>
>>10785082
Noir de Noir
>>
>>10785082
Cedarstorm
>>10785306
Special occasion?
>>
>>10785349
>Special occasion
nah, just felt like wearing it since its a great scent and the only rose scent i can stand. but yeah, i usually save it for those times, absolutely perfect for them
>>
>>10784170
OP did you a favor 2bh
>>
>>10781757
I don't know why this particular ad was controversial, TF's had worse, particularly the Terry Richardson ones
>>
>Noir de Noir
Anybody know of anything that smells similar but cheaper? Upper limit ~$125
>>
>>10785082
Slumberhouse Sadanne
>>
File: _20160103_023750.jpg (161KB, 1080x805px) Image search: [Google]
_20160103_023750.jpg
161KB, 1080x805px
Ok guys, I need your help. Im going to buy Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Parfume, or Dior Homme Fahrenheit, in 3 Days. Srill dont know which. I am 20 Like go clubbing (so should be attractive for women), I am 1,80m Short "Boxer Style" Hair and Student. I go on Techno and Hip-Hop Festivals (so should stay long) in Germany. Pls help, This will be my first Expensive fragrance, and I dont have alot of money (see student) but love fragrance.
>>
>>10786796
dont blind buy, sample

intense is pretty feminie
parfum is similar obv but has a much more prominent leather/animalic note
>>
>>10785644
desu nothing is like it
buy a 20ml sample on ebay
>>
>>10785644
Apparently this one:
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Armaf/Club-de-Nuit-Intense-27656.html
But looking for cheaper alternatives is always going to be a tough one. If you can find it, go and sample it yourself first.
>>
>>10781757
Cara's actually attractive in this ad. What happened?
>>
>>10785082
Who /DiorHomme/ here
>>
Which site offers the cheapest shipping for samples?
>>
female
Up to 100AUD

Liked dkny, vera wang lovestruck.
Looking for something fresh and strong but not alcohol smelling.

Wouldnt mind a deeper muskier sort of scent. Something that reminds you of old noir films if that makes sense?
>>
File: tamdao_01_resize.jpg (81KB, 523x768px) Image search: [Google]
tamdao_01_resize.jpg
81KB, 523x768px
Diptyque, man. Between Oyedo and this
>>
>>10783093
Whichever one will do the most damage as you smack yourself on the head with it. You're in desperate need of some Mugler
>>
>>10783244
My thoughts exactly. Just go to the airport and sneak it into someone's luggage...
>>
Thoughts on Cedrat Boise Mancera? I really enjoyed Eau Duelle and wanted a summer/spring scent. Other option was sel marin
>>
>>10787873
Duelle is a really good masculine although I wish it had better sillage. But if you like complicated woody, aquatics (which diptyque excels in), try it.
>>
>>10787894
>asculine although I wish it had better silla
i already tried eau duelle. got a little decant sitting next to me. would i also enjoy sel marin or cedrat boise mancera?
>>
Would I get shigged on if I used YSL La Nuit during daytime in winter?

Really liking it even though it's a meme/beginners frag and all that
>>
>>10787951

Who would even give a fuck aside from /fa/? If it smells good and works on your skin there are literally no downsides.
>>
File: azsq.jpg (25KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
azsq.jpg
25KB, 450x450px
>>10781757
I would like to get info on fragrance, how many time does it lasts (I mean the bottle).
I would like to get something good for once, usually I just use some shitty Axe spray on my armpit and that's it.

I don't really know about price range. I don't want to spend a fuckton of money on it. I guess...less than 100 dollars is good ?

I would use it basically everyday so it should be something polyvalent, I can't afford multiple ones.
Once again I really don't know anything about that stuff, so I'm very open-minded about it.
>>
Was digging through some old stuff when I found a bottle of CK's Eternity that's ~10 years old. Smells fine compared to samples I've gotten at nearby department stores, and it's a eau de parfum... should be safe to use, right?
>>
>>10788146
Of course, it's safe. People have been buying up and keeping for their grandkids vintage discontinued perfumes from WW1. The only thing that might be altered is the initial bloom - if it does smell "off", leave the bottle opened for 10-15 minutes and try again. Usually fixes the problem and it should smell like new.
>>
I mostly just stick to the scent of my lush soaps.
>>
File: 71Kg-8dNhpL._SL1000_.jpg (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71Kg-8dNhpL._SL1000_.jpg
126KB, 1000x1000px
I'm struggling to find a better fragrance than this one
>>
>>10784251
If you like ginger try ysl l'homme. (the original, mind, not the shit flankers)
>>
>>10788129
Head on down to your local supplier of fragrances. Bring a friend or two. Start testing fragrances. Narrow your search down to 3-4 and spray one of them on your skin to see how they react and develop on you. Return and do this with the rest of your choices, one by one. Purchase the one you (and your friends) like the most (do it online for 70% of the cost).
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Currently using this one. It's kind of a niche perfume, hard to find.
>>
>>10787951
no, it's fine for daytime use as long the day's high is <15C/60F, use at your discretion for any cool days warmer than that
>>
>>10787894
>Eau Duelle
>aquatic

u wot m8?
>>
>>10788925
How prominent is the hazelnut?
>>
>>10788965
Not that prominent, for me the most prominent smells are conifer(Not sure if translating correctly, a christmas tree) and honey.
>>
>>10788973
That's too bad. It's always fun to try fragrances with notes other than the usual vanilla, wood or citrus etc.
>>
>>10788992
Assuming you would be able to find a store that sells it, I still suggest trying it out. It's very very unique. I never read in to the ingredients too much, the end result is often not just the sum of the ingredients.
>>
>>10788925
>>10788973
when i tried it, i didnt get any of the sweetness. i think i would've liked it if that showed up on my skin, but i guess i;m not compatible with it. in fact, most L'Artisan scents don't work well on me.
>>
>>10787845
This one is initially beautiful (I was really enchanted by the sandalwood) but then it devolved into something... salty and sweaty. Not sure I'll get it after all.

I still love Philosykos though... Really thinking of getting that.
>>
>>10781757
poor fag here
the only fragance I use is my deodorant.
want to start using some cologne but I don't know how to pick one and I can't spend 60€ every two weeks.
any advice? I'm not asking for spoonfeeding, but I need somewhere to start.
I'll be lurking the OPs links.
>>
>>10789043
Where do you stay? If it's the UK or Europe, just go browsing- there are fantastic department stores here where you can literally spend a day with (mostly helpful) sales assistants, browsing perfumes you might like. It's very relaxing and helpful- it's how I made my first shortlist of tentative fragrances.

If you're in the US- even better. I hear there are stores that literally give out samples when asked for (Nordstroms' and Sephora) and so you can test them out over a few days on your skin. When they dry, they change how they smell due to your skin chemicals.

If you already know what type of scents- vaguely- you're looking for, check out fragrantica. It's a great site that lists down the notes for fragrances, so you can write down the ones you think you might be interested in: Tobacco and tar-like fragrances, or white florals etc.

But highly recommended to just stroll and take a full day in the fragrance departments in stores. The first time I went, I had no idea what to do, but it was hugely enjoyable. Most of the time the SAs are extremely friendly and can suggest based on your instinctive preferences. Also, it opened up to me a whole avenue of... let's say 'luxury'.
Pic related: Salons des parfums on the 6th floor of Harrods, tucked quietly away, accessible only through one escalator and where no one goes to. It's a therapy retreat there.
>>
File: 4523.jpg (37KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
4523.jpg
37KB, 300x326px
It's kind of offensive, but I like it.
>>
>>10788999
>the end result is often not just the sum of the ingredients.

Yeah, that's very true. Wouldn't wanna smell of only hazelnut anyway.
>>
>>10789079
meme frag, literally no one would wear this
>>
>>10789079
>>10789095
what does semen smell like anyway?
>>
>>10789138
It's not just semen, it's blood, sweat, AND semen
>>
>>10789138
metallic then powdery.
>>
>>10789165
>semen
>metallic then powdery

what is your diet like for that to happen?
>>
>>10784173
I'd get the EDT if you had neither; I use it in a regular fragrance rotation. EDP screams special occasion, outside of summer anyway.
>>
File: sdfd.png (111KB, 215x212px) Image search: [Google]
sdfd.png
111KB, 215x212px
>>10789176
I misread your comment. I thought you were asking what the cologne actually smells like.
>>
>>10789181
Thanks, you confirmed my hunch. I have enough "special night" fragrances to last me a couple lifetimes. Or I need more special nights.
>>
>>10781761
Male/24/<$100

Looking for a decent lasting (something that will last at least through a work day) summer/spring frag for work, or just out and about if possible. I'm a fan of citrus scents so long as they aren't OVERLY citrus-y. By that I mean not overbearingly sweet like Invictus/One Million. I'll admit I'm kind of new to this so I'm open for anything so long as it's not $1,000.
>>
File: SPO3M.jpg (106KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
SPO3M.jpg
106KB, 350x350px
>>10789661
Pic related is very good and not overly sweet or citrus-y, highly recommend it. Cheap too, haha.
>>
>>10789661
Terre d'Hermes. it's good year-round, too
>>
>>10789710
Eau my from George takei is more meme tier
>>
>>10789661
bleu de chanel is pretty much the ultimate swiss army knife

fantastic for work, great for casual

get the edt
>>
Ordered Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather on a split on basenotes after months of lurking and waiting... freaking excited, can't wait to receive it. I have never been so in love with a perfume just by smelling it twice.
>>
>>10790322
congrats, how much did you pay for what volume?

i scored a 30 ml for 70$ on ebay a while ago and i'm still afraid to wear it because i got such a great deal. ended up buying la yuqawam by rasasi and it's great to wear casually when you don't feel like blowing $5 for the day on your scent.
>>
So I'm completely new to all of this, and first off I'm amazed at how expensive everything is. I thought top end fragrances would be around £50.

Anyway, my budget is around <£20, and I need something fairly casual with a touch of romance. Any suggestions?
>>
>>10790351
mont blanc individuel has one of the best values for quality:cost

has a dryer sheet, semi chocolate vibe

if you're looking for something on the fresh end, check out nautica voyage.
>>
>>10790333
60ml for 150. You really got a great deal on it!

I heard it's around 10 "splash" per ml. TS is a pretty strong scent, so I'd say 2 splash is enough (IMO) per day (plus the wear is SUPER long).

Doing the math, at 30ml is 300 splashes, so 150 days. At 70$, it's more 50 cents a day.

I say wear the hell out of it.
>>
>>10790322
>>10790333
Same here, I've been addicted on the scent since last week until I caved in and bought Yuqawam. It hasn't arrived yet but I hear great things. Can't afford the original in the beautiful bottle, unfortunately.
>>
Can /fa recommend me a watery mild fresh fragrance that suits the whole year?
>>
>>10790372
Great, thanks anon
>>
>>10790381
i'll keep that in mind!
60 ml for 150 is really nice too, didn't even know basenotes did splits anymore.

>>10790405
i don't regret my yuqawam purchase for a second. the main reason i love tuscan leather is because of the raspberry note and yuqawam cranks that up. it sacrifices some of the masculinity for it, but that note is too good.
what do you mean original in the beautiful bottle? did you find a decant of it or something?
>>
File: BrnacIwdGwY[1].jpg (21KB, 604x287px) Image search: [Google]
BrnacIwdGwY[1].jpg
21KB, 604x287px
>>10790351
Nah, in fact more and more perfumers are starting to open up their newer fragrances in the ridiculous tier price ranges. SL's new collection Section d'Or is going for 50ml for £400... joining the ranks of many more.

What I can't understand is why anyone would buy this fragrance house with meme-tier marketing even if the fragrance is the best thing in the world. It's just embarrassing desu.
>Pic related
>>
>>10790405
Yeah me neither so I got the split.

I'll probably try to get myself a bottle of the Yuqawam while I'll have the TL so I can make a comparison between both.

The price difference is pretty huge. I'm not going to be paying the brand premium if it's actually identical like most people say.

What I'm most concerned about is the duration of it.
>>
>>10790408
ysl l'homme isn't what i'd describe as 'watery' but you're gonna be hard pressed to find an aquatic that suits the fall and winter.

l'homme is bright and fresh but works for the challenging fall and winter months.
>>
>>10790424
yuqawam is certainly no slouch in the longevity department. while not as much of a beast as TL, I get 10-12 hours easy.
>>
File: TuscanLeather[1].jpg (39KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
TuscanLeather[1].jpg
39KB, 480x640px
>>10790422
No, I meant that while the Rasasi comes in a reasonable, if not quite well-made bottle and box, I prefer the aesthetics of the TF bottle. Or maybe it's just my material brand-concious self speaking.
I even considered buying an empty TF bottle to decant it into- until I realised I was being silly. Ah well, it's not like I'm one to parade my bottles in public anyway.
>>
>>10790426
Thanks Annon! even though it's ysl it isn't that expensive. Do you have another fragrance in mind for spring that I ought to look into?
>>
>>10790467
something to keep in mind is that the designer brands we look at with clothing that is ridiculously high priced is almost always the pleb tier of fragrance and is the cheapest.

for spring, allure homme sport eau extreme is my personal favorite, but that might be on the pricier side for you.
>>
File: boss_orange_man_edt.png (138KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
boss_orange_man_edt.png
138KB, 600x600px
opinions on this
I like this.
>>
i just got ysl l'homme libre

did i do good? :(
>>
>>10790426
He asks for something watery and you try to dump L'Homme on him? Seriously?

>>10790408
You have to pick one or the other generally. Do you want want "watery and fresh", which are spring and summer notes or something year round?

>>10790821
Meh. Prefer the original. Not bad though.
>>
>>10790878
i clearly explained that watery and winter are 2 words that don't mix.

if you want to go and recommend that he wear versace eau fraiche every day in the winter then go for it
>>
>>10790944
How is L'Homme the first thing you thought of? It's not really "bright and fresh" as a summer scent, or even at all, which is why he has to compromise
>>
>>10789661
seconding Bleu de Chanel
>>
>>10790322
>>10790381
>>10790446
am i seriously the only one who doesnt get this forever lasting amount for TL
unless TL is the only fragrance that triggers olfactory fatigue for me ive only got about 3-4 hours most out of it
maybe my sample is bad i could always ask my local TF boutique to get me a new sample since the frag dude there loves me

thats about the only thing thats deterring me from walking down there and buying the 100ml
>>
>>10792017
That's so nice- the TF SAs here are so cold and the store is pretty intimidating, I can't imagine myself strolling in straight into the fragrance room and just striking up conversation with them.

But no, I just had my sample on today, and it really does last a good 12 hours on you. Really strong. So you might have olfactory fatigue.

Any chance you might be in London? Or are willing to ship to London? For a fellow fragrance/fa/g?

On another note, who here has tried Songe d'un bois d'Ete by Guerlain? The most enchanting incense I've ever come across. Now that's a sample I would kill for. Nearly was on my knees to get a Harrods SA to let her manager come in and spray two tiny droplets into a vial a brought. Oh, but was it worth it.
Magnificent, magnificent dry down. Enchanting, mysterious but surprisingly mellow for incense- I think it can be worn quite easily. I'm hooked on it. Now how to get more...
>>
>>10792414
well desu all the TF SAs ive come across are complete assholes here(las vegas) like in saks and neiman but i purchased a few things at the official TF boutique so they know me or at least the manager does

if i was in london id share samples with you my friend but im not ):
my friend has been begging me for my TL sample as well so i might just give it to him for his birthday(just passed oops) and go ask for a new sample hoping that one works for me

if you ever do come into las vegas the people at the boutique here are awfully nice even on my first visit
>>
can anyone in london get me a sample of CDG Dot (exclusive at liberty) or murdock black tea :3
>>
>>10792460
Can't as I'm flying out of London for work but maybe someone else can. Or not. From my experience Liberty, although a nice place, has one of the most stuck up employees, particularly their fragrance departments. I remember them just ignoring me after answering every question with single syllables. Good luck getting a sample from them.

I sincerely hope someone from liberty, or any London dept store reads this. If your SAs start giving samples out, I promise you you'd gain a loyal customer base overnight, me included.
>>
does anyone have experience with mad et len?
>>
>>10792017
going to come back about my TL sample
i applied 1 dab after posting(normally do 2 or 3 on a wrist)
literally 2 hours and its almost unnoticeable even to family
more dabs makes it last maybe a few hours longer but im not getting the longevity like you guys or even compared with my TV bottle
spray does put out a lot more than dabbing tho
w_w
all the other samples i had were never this poor
>>
>>10792414
>Songe d'un bois d'Ete by Guerlain
Just copped a few samples on eBay, thanks. They are going for ~$3/ml, which is crazy low.
>>
>>10790333
>la yuqawam by rasasi
And thanks for reminding me to pick that up. beautyspin has it for ~$60 shipped with a -10% coupon. Plus got a handful of cheap samples to boot. Hoping for more colder weather to wear it in.
>>
>>10782170
first off note im a fragrance noob entirely.

i tried some of this on and i liked that it was kind of sweet smelling but still like understated with a little spiciness to it. i actually wore it for nye (sprayed on in sephora lol) and by the end of the night i couldnt smell it anymore. granted i was dancing and sweating, but it didnt seem to last very long. i liked it. However in retrospect, i think i liked tom ford for men better than noir
>>
Has anyone here actually successfully made their own fragrance? I'm really into DIY stuff, but other than everclear, I'm not sure where to start with fragrance making. I know what things I would add the fragrances of if I could, but I'm not sure how I'd go about it and not end up making something that smells like asshole.
>>
>>10792778
The link in the OP has some interesting oil samplers, but I think I'll just buy stuff made by people who know a lot more about this than I do for now. If I ever get tired of buying, then I'll try DIY.
>>
would you guys recommend buying turin's guide? for anyone who has it, what do you think of it?
>>
What stores can I just walk into to buy a cologne? I don't buy things irl so I literally don't know.
>>
>>10793884
Any fragrance store, Macy's, sephora
>>
>>10789069
It's pretty easy to get samples in the U.S, however
I would recommend that higher quality boutiques and stores be visited first before sephora, macys and such, as the likelyhood of finding interesting and lesser known fragrences will increase.

Just be aware that you'll be profiled while in these higher end stores, act accordingly and put on your friendliest face.
>>
>>10794637
>I would recommend that higher quality boutiques and stores be visited first before sephora, macys and such, as the likelihood of finding interesting and lesser known fragrances will increase.
How so?
>>
File: s1030642-main-zoom.jpg (510KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
s1030642-main-zoom.jpg
510KB, 1500x1500px
Any thoughts on this?
I like the warm, leathery vibe but is it too 'old man' for a 20yo?
>>
>>10794716
macy's-tier department stores and many sephoras don't carry niche scents and mostly stock the popular designers

meanwhile, barneys and saks carry le labo, frederic malle, etc.
>>
Good cheaper 'woody' fragrances?
>>
File: sulu-cologne-star-trek.jpg (51KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
sulu-cologne-star-trek.jpg
51KB, 570x570px
>>10790160
is it better than the Sulu fragrance?
>>
>>10788009
Seriously. In the fall/winter, i use it whenever. It's great.
>>
>>10794855
Had this and swapped it out. It's not my style (too "old" feeling) and is too soft and short lived. Although it holds well in the humidity.
>>
Anyone had any experience with Guerlain Habit Rouge EDP?
>>
>>10795354

Never tried the EDP but I do own a bottle of the EDT version, it's actually my second biggest favorite fragrance.

Do NOT blind buy this one, or any of the Habit Rouge frags for that matter. They're *very* dated and not the least bit versatile, despite some reviewers claiming these are good for daily wear or as a signature scent.

DO try to get a sample (preferably of both the edt and the edp), because it just smells *fantastic*.
>>
>>10794942
Ah, I thought the order in which they were visited was important somehow.
>>
>>10795431
>Do NOT blind buy this one
Seconding this. As someone who loves many mature scents, HR has way too much powdery vanilla for my tastes. I have the same problem with The Third Man. They both feel like something an old lady would wear. I am probably more sensitive to powder than most, and I am definitely open to my tastes changing, and thus will continue to try every couple years or so.
>>
>>10795431

I've heard that the EDP was recently reformulated and is quite different from the EDT, a lot cleaner. Been meaning to try it out but living in Prague makes trying out anything even remotely interesting stupidly difficult.
>>
>>10793838
It's interesting to read but a little outdated. Which means:

- lots of stuff reviewed is disco'd or reformulated
- lots of stuff that you can buy now isn't in there

I have the kindle edition, which is nice for the search capability. His opinions often contradict what is popular. A 5-star review from Turin is a long way off from a safe blind buy, but probably worth hunting down a sample.
>>
>>10794953
Dsquared Rocky Mountain Wood
>>
Anyone know a frag that smells similar to
>https://www.etsy.com/listing/248088179/steel-horse-pomade-oil-based-med-firm
that is to say " sandalwood and vanilla fragrance oils and sweet orange essential oils"
bought it and fucking love the smell of it, I'd love to have something that carries a sweet vanilla smell in addition to my pomade
>>
>>10795948
sounds great, thanks for your response.
I thought I heard somewhere that they release free updates (or newsletters or something) every so often with new reviews in them as a sort of companion to the book. Am I mixed up or is this correct? Do you know where I could find the updates if it is true? thanks again :)
>>
>>10796402
Atelier - Santal Carmin is a very sweet sandalwood fragrance. sounds like what you're looking for
>>
>>10796456
love atelier.

family friends with the shopowner in NYC
been smelling good for years now
>>
>>10796466
what is your favorite from their line?

i've only tried orange sanguine from a sample and it's quite nice
>>
>>10796402
Highly recommend giving Égoïste a try. Top five scent for me, not to mention it has the notes you mention.
>>
>>10796469
Rose Anonym (SP) is a godsend. Been using it for about 1.5 years now and get compliments / questions at least once a week. VERY unisex if not slightly fem. Ladies love it though

Silver Iris is also fantastic. It's my go to "weekend night-out."

If you are ever in the NYC store they will definitely give you a sample of each if you ask for it. Was there for like 2 hours once getting an entire lesson on how they make it / a test of all the scents.
>>
>>10796549
that great huh? i'll have to check it out.

you must really like your florals
>>
>>10796566
i'm definitely biased - get all of it for free

although I have the classics hermes, tom ford, gucci, ysl sitting around, the whole "niche fragrance" thing is a huge plus when you've tried a large segment of the market.
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 1000x1000px
damn this really grew on me
>>
>>10796594
Of the five Burberry frags I've tried, it is by far my favorite.
>>
>>10796617
I like Brit better, the Burberry Frags are pretty boring.
>>
>>10796646
I actually like Brit as well. It does a nice youthful powdery rose note. Too bad I have Burberry Brit Summer but I guess they're kinda similar in some places.
>>
File: image.gif (9KB, 645x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
9KB, 645x623px
>tfw you pass up a $125 fragrance for $60
I could have recouped my money by selling decants and keeping the rest.
Didn't even realize that it was a 5 fl oz bottle
>>
>>10792017
I got a good 12 hour. My arm continued to smell raspberries until 36h after putting (granted a generous "push") and washing my arm vigorously 2 times.

I would blame it on either olfactory fatigue or maybe just your skin not liking it?

>>10792414
I'm interested in this one. I'm a big fan of my Guerlain Vetiver. How does it compare?
>>
>>10783256
bought L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain EDT blind, fantastic. use it for night.

currently wearing YSL La Nuit de l`Homme EDT as daily frag

yes, i realize im basically a walking meme
>>
i grabbed a bottle of wonderwood since it's so commonly recomended. i like it. i mostly smell the pepper but not as much of a blast of wood as people say. Its the first fragrance ive purchased so thats why i went for a meme
>>
>>10796566
If you're not in NY, you can cop fairly generous 2mL samples of their entire line for $30 (iirc around 20 or so scents) from their web store
>>
>>10782008
I've sampled plenty from TF, including a few from private collection.

Tuscan leather is a great entry point for TF scents. Sweet, prepossessing and not usually harsh on the nose. It's dry down is slightly vegetal. A little goes quite far, as in my experience it has moderate projection.

I have one half decant of Amber Absolute and smaller atomizers of Champaca, tobacco oud and Sahara Noir. I like to use patchouli essential oil to temper the animalic qualities of the Sahara.
>>
Do you guys wear perfume in school?
>>
>>10797563
no, all the cool kids will make fun of me ;_;
>>
>>10796837
> LIDG nights
> La Nuit daytime
I'm considering both of those as a winter, daytime, nothing-special scent. Isn't LIDG a little weak for nights?
>>
Will cologne last forever if it's properly stored in a cool dark place?
>>
>>10798452
Pretty much yeah. I've read that the opening can be a bit off for very old (but not spoiled) colognes, but it comes back into its own after 10-20 seconds.
>>
>>10781761
Grill/18/$100/Winter

i like citrus smelling stuff. i dont really wear frags and stuff ive just kinda been using those shit body sprays that i get from victorias secret LMAO

[spoiler]just give me something that will attract boys pls[/spoiler]
>>
You guys ever eat something and notice is tasting like a fragrance. I just drank a Red Bull Zero and then had a piece of spearmint gum and the combination ended up tasting exactly like Guerlain Heritage.
>>
>>10798145
>a winter, daytime, nothing-special scent. Isn't LIDG a little weak for nights?
my thoughts exactly, though i still think La Nuit is still good fire a night-time non-special date/social event
>>
What's the scent in Lush's Rub,Rub,Rub scrub? Most of their scents are awful, but this one they use in the scrub is right up my street.
It's described as "mimosa and orange flowers" by a blogger, does anyone know a perfume that would smell similar?
Preferably for women.
>>
>>10798644
Get some civet-centric scents.

You're going to smell like a really classy slut.
>>
this
>>
>>10799295
god tier
>tfw don't own vintage version
>>
>>10796549
planning to head to NYC this spring to hit the Le Labo-Atelier-Bond no 9 stores all within about a mile of each other. fortunately it's just a train ride for me.

love Cedre Atlas, have ordered a bunch of other samples. hear incredible things about Oud Saphir - can't wait to try.
>>
File: image.jpg (515KB, 868x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
515KB, 868x874px
Has anyone here tried this? What about L'Occitan in general?

This will be my first L'Occitan fragrance, got a good deal on one.
>>
>>10800004
It's a really good earthy, masculine vetiver fragrance, definitely one of the best vetivers on the market. L'Occitane make really high quality scents at affordable prices, everything I've tried from them has been excellent with Eau des Baux being my favorite
>>
>>10799919

You should stop by Aedes too. Best selection I've ever seen.
>>
I've been a cheapskate for most of my life as far as fragrances go, so I only really wore what I'd get for christmas every year. I got 1 million again this year after not wearing it for 5+ years and I hate it; reminds me of highschool - loud, obnoxious, way too sweet.

Went to the store and tried some stuff on and ended up enjoying Vetiver Extraordinaire, but I don't want to shell out $300 on my first cologne. Can anyone suggest something similar?

Past colognes I've worn that I like:
Givenchy Play, YSL L'homme and L'homme nuit, Hugo Boss Boss, Spicebomb, Prada Luna Rossa
>>
>>10800155
I feel that most of /fa/ is in high school.

To them creed git is god tier...but itbsmellsnlikebthat cool water shit or the old nautica scent that people wore in middle school
>>
>>10800155
Give Aventus by Creed a go.

Honestly everyone on /fa/ thinks it's a meme fragrance but I loved La Nuit de L'homme and Aventus was spot on for me.
>>
>>10800004
no idea about this one but i love eau des baux. also havent tried eau de cade edt yet but the aftershave's great.
>>
>>10800155
> Vetiver Extraordinaire, but cheap

Check, if you haven't already:
- Guerlain Vetiver
- Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
- Givenchy Vetyver
- L'Occitane Vetyver ( >>10800004)

They do like to mention Vetiver, don't they.

L'Occitane is cheapest, but they're all cheaper than FM.
>>
>>10800271
We can't expect them to smell like VE just because they all have Vetiver in them.

>>10800049
Isn't it discontinued?
>>
>>10800170

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

>>10800155

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver EDP may be slightly similar, it's also a lot fresher and cleaner than most vetiver's in my experience.

I think, but I'm not entirely sure, Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles may be slightly similar
>>
bought pic related after testing
now realised it's so fucking heavy it makes my head ache

will it ever get better?
>>
>>10800302
Didn't you test it?
Also of its heavy do less sprays.
>>
>>10800298
Nope, you can't, but those all do have a similar vetiver accord unlike, say,

- Lubin La Vetiver
- Diptyque Vetyverio
- Creed Original Vetiver

Plenty of other Vetiver-named ones out there, but I don't know them so I won't say one way or the other.
>>
>>10800338

That's not really true since half of them are nothing at all like each other
>>
>>10800302
Manifesto is much better imo
>>
>>10800302
Probably not as strong as plain (non-black, not pour-homme) Opium. Just opening smelling the cap in the store made me feel like I was wearing it for the next half hour.
>>
>>10800351
But the other half is just like the first half.
>>
>>10800359
perfume critics (kek) are going apeshit over late 70s opium. found a bottle on ebay, should I go for it or is it now considered an old people smell?
>>
>>10800513
No idea what the vintage smells like, or even if it's similar. If you love the current version, sure, I suppose. You can probably resell it if you don't like it.
Be careful about the critics lamenting discontinuations and reformulations. Finding the original can be like hearing one of those stories where "you just had to be there".
>>
22/M
I want to smell like a Norwegian lumberjack in the woods, kind of adventurous, exciting and attractive to girls

I don't really mind the cost, I'll make my mind up after sampling a few
>>
>>10800769

Try Dsquared2 He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood
>was inspired by Canadian mountains and, as its name suggests, it is designed and dedicated to fans of nature. It is composed of rocky notes, mountain aromas and woody accords.
>>
>>10800788
Hey this looks great!
Know of any similar ones to compare it to?
>>
what can i wear to smell the way death grips sounds?
>>
>>10800907
Poop yourself
>>
>>10800836
He Wood Dsquared for men but it might lose the mountain accords in favor of more wood notes.

Tibetan Mountain Temple is a cheapy you can try. It has more of a fresh oriental citrusy mountain feel. The vibe is in the name, essentially, if you want to trade the Canadian mountains for Tibetan temples in the mountain.
>>
>>10800907
Probably gasoline desu
>>
>>10800907
>>10801239
So Dior Fahrenheit?
>>
>>10800142
looking at there website - this place is legit. and 7 samples for $15? shit muh
>>
>>10800907
rub up on some homeless people
>>
>>10796594
It's a really good frag but what kills it for me is the Christmas tree vibe it gives off. IMO literally can't be worn unless it's November or December.
>>
What do you guys think of Dior Sauvage?
>>
has anyone here ever tried anything by Kilian or Memo Paris? Would you recommend?
>>
>>10803901

The new one?

It's really average. It's smells nice but boring. It sort of smells a bit like a random body wash if that makes sense. Longevity and silage don't seem to be great on my skin either.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
so I tried swapping with some currynigger on Basenotes.
He said he'd ship the next day and when I shipped he went ghost and stopped logging in. He has good feedback but I think he's trying to pull a "let me smell his fragrance first and if I don't like it I'll ship his back to him and keep mine", which is bullshit because I don't get to try his fragrance but he gets to try mine.
What do I do?
>>
File: 1446686673051.jpg (74KB, 550x529px) Image search: [Google]
1446686673051.jpg
74KB, 550x529px
>>10804163
>tfw longevity and silage is incredible for me
best edt ive tried in that aspect but yeah it smells like some body wash, also smells like a florist shop too

I really like it though fsr, dont know why its so heavily DOWNVOTED on fragrantica

Also anybody know about winter-y daytime fragrances that smell like clementines?
>>
>>10804254
>dont know why its so heavily DOWNVOTED on fragrantica

Because they expected something more similar to Eau Sauvage because of the name.
>>
>>10804254

Maybe i just don't really notice it after a while because it's so generic
>>
>>10781757
What does everyone think about Black Orchid? I got a sample but haven't tried it on yet
>>
Just got Dior Sauvage 100ml and I'm worried about how many sprays it will last.

Only had it four days, spraying twice in the morning, some times in the evening and it's going quite quickly.

How many sprays do 100ml usually give?
>>
>>10804129
Yup, both.

By Killian hasn't convinced me anything is bottle worthy. Straight to Heaven is pretty good, but did better on paper than it did on my skin (the cedar opening is amazing, but that's gone in 10 seconds on skin). Intoxicated and Back to Black could be good too, but they're just good in an overcrowded market of party/date/night-out scents. Pure Malt and Jubilation XXV are already much better for the exact same purpose (just to name a couple). A Taste of Heaven is god awful, like Caron pour un Homme mixed with bile.

Memo is better IMO. Irish Leather is on top in my daily rotation currently. It's good, interesting, sober, solid. African Leather is crazy in a good way, maybe one of my favorite scents period. Even though I have too many night-out scents, I'm still considering adding African Leather to the collection.
>>
>>10804609
depends on atomizer, usually 600-1300 though
>>
>>10804609
>How many sprays do 100ml usually give?
Average is ~10 sprays/ml.
>>
>>10804181
>What do I do?
In this order, I suppose:

a. Make peace with the fact that the shit is probably gone.
b. Hope it's just an honest fuckup and he'll send you something as soon as he makes bail.
c. Learn your lesson. Don't "swap" with randos online if you need to rely on it working out.
d. (optional) Burn his rep on Basenotes since it's your only recourse.
>>
>>10804609
1ml lasts anywhere from 5-10 sprays.
>>
As an 18 year old should I care about choosing the right cologne? So far I've been content with just soap and deodorant.
>>
>>10804289
The people interested enough in perfumes to rate them on websites want something novel, and Dior Sauvage isn't that. Bleu de Chanel got the same reaction, and now Sauvage smells like BdC, so double bad.
But they both sell extremely well from what I've read.
>>
male/winter/100$/

something i could wear during the day but would not be out of place of it was for an evening occasion.

i kind of like woody smells. maybe some tobacco

suggestions?
>>
FUCKING BURBERRY
>>
is one million intense generally as looked down upon here as one million is
>>
>>10805008
DESU, its really up to you. But once you get to the age of around 20ish, its probably a good idea to invest in some decent cologne unless youve made a decision not to wear aything at all. Just dont be that 20 year old college student that never graduated from middle school and still thinks Axe Dark Temptations is gonna help him pull the pretty ladies because women think axe is disgusting.
>>
>>10805772
>DESU, its really up to you. But once you get to the age of around 20ish, its probably a good idea to invest in some decent cologne unless youve made a decision not to wear aything at all. Just dont be that 20 year old college student that never graduated from middle school and still thinks Axe Dark Temptations is gonna help him pull the pretty ladies because women think axe is disgusting.
>>
>>10805666
basically the same shit
>>
>>10805666
Never had it but One Million smells pretty bad so if it smells even remotly close i wouldnt buy it. But thats just what i think. Dont let some hipsters on the internet make decisions for you. Buy a sample if you really wanna try it or just go to a cheap perfume store and spray some on yourself and see what you think. If you like it theres no shame in that.
>>
>>10805008
If you like the way something smells and it makes you happy, then go for it. It's not like people will think you're weird for not wearing a fragrance. Such a small minority of men wear anything, it will set you apart.

And just to reiterate, wear whatever makes you happy, even it its nothing, because as this guy said:
>>10805772
>women are mostly plebs like everyone else
>>
hey there /frag/, anyone know where I can get a scent pyramid for old spice denali and where I could find cologne that smells similar? really enjoying how it smells and I've gotten compliments (albeit from presumably scent plebs) about the smell. Alternatively, Fiji, since that ssmells aight too
>>
>>10805968
The body wash version smells great
>>
>>10806040
I'm sure you've seen this but: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251573-Old-Spice-Fresh-collection-scent-notes
>>
>>10804730
>Back to Black
>$260 for 50mL

What the fucking fuck?
>>
File: original.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
Checked out Tay's perfume line today. One thing of her namesake was nice to me but hit or miss with many people.. mix of fennel and vanilla. The other namesake was nice but i wasnt able to check it out much.
But finally got to check out her line Wonderstruck. The original has a fruity base with heavy amber and vanilla; subtle notes of florals. The followup to it called Wonderstruck Enchanted is more berries + vanilla, little or no amber? couldnt tell since i had the other on me as well. more prominent floral notes that could be distinguished (I had trouble getting away from all the other perfumes there so my pallet was a bit colored and i couldnt pick stuff out)
But man did i love it. I sprayed a thing to test each of them and some of the original got on my hand. Even now i was lying in bed and noticed my hand still had some on it.. Just wonderful. Its something that would be great if worn often so that even years later, if a loved one got a hint of it, would be instantly reminded of that person. Its a nice scent that no one would ever have a problem with and you could be around it all day and not get annoyed. Apparently it lasts a bit too since i got just a drop on my hand 15 hours ago and even washed it since.
>>
>>10805106

Dior Homme Intense - Quite woody with some tobaccoy undertones (I think at least, but been a while since I last smelt it). It used to be quite strong, more a night time fragrance than day, but if you're careful about applying it'll work during the day as well

Chanel Egoiste Platinum - Drydown is quite woody from what I remember but starts off quite different

Laclique Encre Noire - I haven't personally smelt this one but I've had it recommended to me a couple of times
>>
File: 4 u.jpg (41KB, 422x255px) Image search: [Google]
4 u.jpg
41KB, 422x255px
>>10806082
I have not, thanks anon <3
>>
My average gf really likes daisy dream by Marc Jacobs.

Knowing that, tell me something I should go test out to see if I like?

Thanks in advance for all the hate
>>
File: original_CW.jpg (43KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original_CW.jpg
43KB, 800x800px
Step back for the Armani master race
>>
>>10807290
For you or for her?
>>
>>10804730

Thanks. I bought Irish Leather today and loving it. I tried Intoxicated by Kilian for a day, liked it but didnt love. The Memo African Leather was amazing but not my style, just a little too warm.

Also thinking about picking up Tuxedo by YSL for night scent. Have you tried this one?
>>
L'Artisan is having a pretty good sale right now. Might cop the Eastern Mysteries collection thing.
http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop/online-exclusive-sale-december.html
>>
>>10807567
>L'Artisan

any know if their their body lotions are any good or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
What do you guys think of old spice?

Should I get one? If so which?

http://oldspice.com/en/shop-products/fragrance
>>
>>10789138
not like this perfume
>>
File: tomafford.jpg (34KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
tomafford.jpg
34KB, 300x360px
stick to suits, you old cologne re-bottling fucker
>>
>>10790707

I like it very much. And I own over 15 different bottles (currently maining Allure Homme Sport).
>>
can anyone give me fragrances similar to:
chergui
rocabar

i enjoy the feel of chergui but i agree with others on the potpourri vibe. i love rocabar but it doesnt project or last long at all on my skin.
>>
>>10807554
Not him. The vestiaire line is REALLY overpriced, but I like both tuxedo and caban.
>>
>>10808079
I don't get it. Is it better or worse than Tuscan Leather?
>>
>>10808091
>chergui
maybe indochine by parfumerie generale.
>rocabar
I like kyoto and maybe hinoki by cdg. Tam dao is a good sandal-based light spicy scent.
>>
>>10808162
that's for you to find out, young explorer
>>
>>10806938
By Kilian is way overpriced. That's kind of their whole thing. I'm pretty sure it's actually a major selling point for their target market.

>>10807554
Happy to help, congrats on a good choice. Haven't smelled Tuxedo though, sorry.
>>
>>10808234
hinoki and kyoto's notes look interesting and i'll definitely check it out.
>>
Wanna cop some cdg scents (avignon to be precise), but here's the catch: I live in fucking Finland where nobody stocks anything outside of the regular Dior/Chanel/YSL crew. I can't order from outside the EU (samples are ok but anything bigger and the customs absolutely destroy you, especially for perfumes) and most places within the EU that I know of don't ship outside of their borders.
What do?
>>
>>10809068
Firstinfragrance.com/ausliebzumduft.de
Carries CdG and samples, ships out of Germany. Don't they ship to Finland?
>>
>>10809105
cheers, never heard of em before
>>
>>10807567
how do you guys feel about tea for two? i heard that some people cant stand the smell of it but others say its a great tea scent
>>
>>10808162
SMELLIN LIKE A BRICK

sorry had to
>>
>>10805106
Eau Des Baux, Wonderwood (discounted), He Wood Rocky Mountain

Consider saving up and buying some niche brands anon.
>>
>>10807567
>http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop/online-exclusive-sale-december.html
damn 10x2mL samples $10 is too good to pass up. really liked the sound of passage d'enfer and fleur de narcisse but sadly they're not in there.

also can't imagine myself actually purchasing a full size anything from them but, again, too good to pass up
>>
In-depth article on atelier in NYC if anyone is interested!
http://www.selectism.com/2015/01/21/selectism-visits-atelier-cologne/
>>
Looking through fragrance review sites (German, so mostly parfumo.de), I've come to see that these communities seem to have a deepseated aversion to sweet scents (while it can't be woody, dark and edgy enough it seems) and of course anything that could be considered "mainstream" or in some way "made for the mass market". Any scent review places where people don't have their head up their ass and giving scents a 2/10 because it`s not weird and unusual enough?
>>
>>10810030
$10 with $30 delivery in the US
lol nvm
>>
>>10810052
>>10810052
I get what you mean. Perfumery as a hobby is filled with wanna be pretentious faggots who like to feel upscale (but are anything but) by having perfumes as a hobby. You can see that ITT when you see the posts like
>"GOSH! Why does every one here talk about Dior and YSL?? Why not [insert niche house no one has ever heard of here]?!? Are you all in high school!?!"
You can either look through the reviews in Sephora or MakeupAlley for more reviews by the general common person but you'll only find designer houses and the reviews are pretty basic along the lines of "This smells great on my husband I love it on him" and such.
Otherwise browse forums and learn who is pretentious and who is more "normal", or sift through reviews on Fragrantica. I feel Basenotes is harder to please.
>>
>>10810089
I find it ironic that all the go to brands kids with a "fragrance hobby" lust for are french vanilla variants of fragrances popular with middle and high school boys
>>
>>10810111
What are you even trying to say? Your posts are always incoherent
>>
>>10810128
Take a kids fragrance like jpg, add 1 note to the mid layer, put it in a le labo type decanter orsample vial and you have a god tier fragrance to a 19 year old boy
>>
>>10810111
>french vanilla variants of fragrances popular with middle and high school boys
What brands are you talking about?
>>
>>10810138
Ignore him, he's clueless
>>
>>10810138
Creed aventus and git, the popular Hermes one, the le labo rose one
>>
>>10810137
JPG is no where near a kid's fragrance. Just because JPG is somewhat known compared to Dior or Chanel doesn't make their fragrances "kid's fragrances" especially since shit like Le Male + it's flankers and Kokorico are complete hit or misses. A high schooler would not wear it all. Curve for Men is more for high schoolers though.
>>
>>10810149
Only Aventus has a vanilla note and it's nearly non-existent. None of the other ones have vanilla. You're talking out of your ass.
>>
While we're dissing other people's tastes in fragrances, is Boss No. 1 supposed to smell like a pub toilet? Why is that stuff so well liked?
>>
>>10810163
The fragrance came out in 1985 so it could have been the original formulation that was well liked, followed by the reformulations butchering what it once was. It happens.
>>
File: 886LUuf.jpg (680KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
886LUuf.jpg
680KB, 2000x1333px
idk if u guys can help me here

i want a smell that's warm, soothing and piney but nothing too serious, think a warm fireplace in winter drinking beer with friends
>>
>>10810171
I don't think online review sites were big in '85.
>>
>>10810180
A lot of posts are along the lines of "I wore this back in the day and it was great" or "bought this and it smells nothing like it did" also vintages exist.

Case and point with Chanel Allure
>I got this one back in 1999 when it first came out. I was totally spelbound by it and it was my signature scent for 12 years. For a couple of years this was the only perfume in my bathroom. And when i was not using it I would use Allure Sport or Allure Edition Blanche.
It's beautiful. Sensual, warm and fresh at the same time. The citrus and ginger makes it fresh at the same time tonka bean gives it depth and makes it woody.
Very sophisticated, complex but also easy to wear.
>>
>>10809380
>its a great tea scent
And tobacco
>>
kinda new to fragrance, should i get la nuit or l'homme for a daily workday? or any other suggestions <100$
>>
>>10800907
Kouros as it smells like a toilet which is where Death Grips belong
>>
/fra/ noob here. I have about $80 on a Macys card. What are some good masculine spring-summer scents I should go try out?
>>
>>10810283
La nuit is obviously for nights, not workdays. I wouldn't use either for work, I like them both though.
>>
>>10810304
All of the fragrances you can buy at Macy's, you can get it way cheaper at other places like FragranceNet. I recommend using the card on something else.
>>
man2 is fucking dank
>>
>>10810283
l'homme is work appropriate
la nuit de l'homme definitely is not
>>
>>10796549
How do you feel about Cedre Atlas? The notes interest me and I'm thinking of buying it.
>>
>>10790351
check out armaf senpai they're a clone house that makes clones of popular designer/niche fragrances for sub $40.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>10810667
>>
File: nd.1197.jpg (55KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
nd.1197.jpg
55KB, 300x338px
Opinions on pic related?
I know it's very normal fag or whatever but I'm not trying to be super elite perfume man or whatever
alternatively
>fruity beginner colognes?
>>
>>10810315
what would you recommend for a work day?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.