[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I had thought about this board earlier, because /mu/ was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0573.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I wish I had thought about this board earlier, because /mu/ was of no help whatsoever.

I got this thing new for like $75 and I’m gonna build an EVH Frankenstrat out of it.

I already got the spray cans but I can’t find a Frankenstrat paint tutorial or template that’s simple and easy to follow. Every video just shows a sped up clip of the guy taping the guitar and most templates don’t follow steps, pretty much like “just put the tape and spray, faggot". The ones that kinda do show how to tape it have relicing involved and I don’t want this replica to be all beat up like the others. No cigarette burns on the headstock or anything like that.

It sounds like a pretty simple thing to do but I really don’t wanna fuck this up and end with a different pattern than the original.

So… Experiences with Frankenstrat builds? Or templates that could actually be useful?

Also, tips on installing a mounted (just dive) Floyd Rose would also be appreciated.
>>
File: SwimmingPool.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SwimmingPool.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
>>945773
First order of business is to pull the pickguard up and see how the routing looks.
A lot of those cheap guitars have swimming pool routing which obviously isnt going to work with a EVH replica.

And as for installing a 2 pivot bridge on a 6 screw pivot body, you can just drill the outer holes bigger to install it.

Painting it really is as simple as laying tape and spraying. It cant be that hard to figure out what order of paint to tape to get your desired results.
>>
>>945773
>Frankenstra
For paint, the biggest thing I think is the order of the colors.

I'd basecoat it in black, white mid coat, and then red for the top coat.

You'll paint the entire thing black, let it dry entirely, put tape down everywhere you see black/want to see black. Then paint it white and let it dry.. Put your tape down where ever you want to see white (coverage on each of these layers will be a bitch btw...maybe use selfpriming for that extra color thickness?)...then paint the fucker red.

Pull your tape, buff your layers down, then throw a clearcoat over it.

As for a template, just print out a picture of it in black and white and full sized (will have to be printed across multiple sheets).
>>
>>945773
Eddie went Black, White, Red. He made special note to say that it was Red Schwinn Bicycle paint though. If I were you though I'd turn that into Yngwie's guitar Duck, everyone has seen a Frankenstrat, but build a Duck and scallop the fingerboard and you'll have something special.
>>
Painting white on black will be a pain in the ass so definitely prime before white.
>>
>>945788
That's true, I need to check how the body is routed. If it's like that I'll just use wood filler and then try to route the cavities. Luckily it's not something like an Ibanez so I'm not worried about that. The worst thing that could happen is it having an HSS route (which I am aware that was the original config) instead of an HSH (Gonna throw a neck humbucker in there to fit my playing needs).

>>945788
>>945790
I know how to paint a guitar, I've done it before. I was talking about a step by step guide on taping the original Frankenstrat pattern. Like, where the tape goes exactly for each coat of paint.

>>945813
I don't like Malmsteen. He's a douchebag and all he does is play neoclassical, fast as fuck licks.
>Inb4 ALL SYNYSTER GATES DOES IS SWEEP PICKING BUT YOU HAVE HIS SCHECTER FAGGOT
But I bet you've never listened to him playing jazz.

Anyways, here are some links about Yngwie being an asshole. It's so ridiculous it's funny.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/heres_yngwie_malmsteen_explaining_why_metallica_satriani_death_and_dream_theater_suck.html

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-299973.html

Yngwie Don't like no Fookin Donuts.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.