[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air compressors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: used-commercial-compressors.jpg (150KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
used-commercial-compressors.jpg
150KB, 530x530px
For under $200, what do you guys recommend for an air compressor that needs to run a nail gun, and occasionally take tires off.
>>
Virtually any air compressor will run a nailgun. They're about the lowest-consumption air tools you can get. I mean, a tiny pancake compressor might have issue with you using framing nailer like a madman, but, short of that, it doesn't matter all that much.

That's assuming you're only going to use it occasionally, though. If you're using it for heavy nailing on the regular, you might want to look into something larger. For smaller nailers or infrequent work, anything will work.

I'll admit I have no idea exactly what you mean by "take tires off", because I have no idea how you'd use an air compressor for that, exactly.
>>
>>945122
>I'll admit I have no idea exactly what you mean by "take tires off", because I have no idea how you'd use an air compressor for that, exactly.

I think OP might want to run an impact gun. For that he'll need a compressor with enough psi to run the impact.
>>
>>945125
Correct. Didn't realise we were in 5th grade here.

I really like the idea of a pancake compressor for portability, but am not sure it has the assignment to pull the lugs off of a wheel, let alone put them back on.
>>
>>945138
My harbor frieght pancake only goes to 100 psi, i think. I seem to recall impacts need 150 or so and a hella bigger tank. I only use mine for filling tires, brad/staples and blowing shit out. I bet /o/ could be of help on this.
>>
I got a twin tank 4 gallon harbor freight compressor. It's not the best due small tank size. You can use a impact tool with it but you couldn't use it very long. So I bought a five gallon air tank and hooked it to the compressor. Now I have a nine gallon compressor. One thing is good you can disconnect the five gallon tank and take it with you. To fill up a flat tire on a car thats on the side of the road.
>>
>>945120
The biggest question here is how often are you using it.

If you're making your living off of it, go with a solid rep brand like an Ingersoll Rand...otherwise, really most anything from a big box store that matches the highest psi and cfm of the tools you plan to use it with. Not sure of Harbor Freight's compressor's reliability, but I can say that I've repaired a decent number of el cheapo compressors and I can say that those dozen or so were broken because the owner wasn't taking care of them for whatever that's worth.
>>
Get this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/21-gal-25-hp-125-psi-cast-iron-vertical-air-compressor-61454.html
I've used one for a few years. Bonus points if you get a long ass hose (50'+). Plenty of power to run multiple nailguns all day, just be sure to lube them up regularly.
>>
>>945120
For impact it's all about cfm's...
>>
>>945159
>I bet /o/ could be of help on this.
No.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.