[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is an old shower drain in the basement that I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This is an old shower drain in the basement that I don't plan on using. I had a water problem at one point which is now fixed, and water would pool up in that divot. I was originally intending to take it out, so I drilled the hole into the pipe for water too drain into it. Now I'm not taking the pipe out and I want to cap it with a clean out cap. What would be the best way to seal up that hole in the pvc without chiseling out enough cement to slip on a coupling to cover it? I don't expect it to ever back up, but just in case it would be better if the hole were waterproofed.
>>
>>944609
That should be enough room fairly easily to throw a coupling on.
>>
>>944609

I am sure the clean out will fit right over it.

what you have to check is if it completely covers the hole you drilled.
>>
The coupling doesn't fit down far enough without having to chisel out some cement and the clean out doesn't cover it either.
>>
>>944609
Aluminum tape on the inside.
Get some of that epoxy putty and fill the hole.
When all that shit dries, throw some silicone on the outside if you still feel worried.
>>
>>944609
>without chiseling out enough cement

What exactly is your objection to chiseling out more cement? Do it right the first time. Chisel out enough to fit a proper cleanout, keep it flush with the floor and plug that hole.
>>
>>944654

Exactly this.

It wont even take a long time and all he needs is a hammer and some steel with a sharp end if he doesn't want to buy a chisel.

Unless he has the FBI listening on his dungeon construction and has to be as quiet as possible I know of no other concerns.
>>
>>944609
get a plug, pic related, and shove it down enough that its past that hole you made before turning the screw to tighten it
>>
stop overthinking it, just plug it with piece of rubber, there is no way the pressure in that thing will cause it to leak since there will be no place for it to go once the new concrete is there.
>>
Literally duct tape or electrical tape over the end.
>>
I'd chisel out enough cement around it (even an old large common screwdriver would work) then clean off the PVC stub slightly below the floor and glue the correct PVC cap on the end of the tube. Grout result flush with floor and done. No gas, no leaks from future backups, and stupidly cheap.
>>
>>944832
This. Just in case you want to use the drain later, or if a subsequent owner does.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.