Any wood stove experts in here? My father and i installed one in our home about a month ago. Yesterday i got up on the roof and noticed a buildup of creosote beginning to form. Any idea what could be causing this? Here is a video of the smoke coming out:
Wet wood=burn down the house/kill everyone with CO.
Y'all have a CO monitor, right?
Also, for shits and giggles, read over these
For info on chimneys which should give you some ideas on how to determine how well yours is performing/how to troubleshoot problems.
Wood needs to burn at... I think 350F for creosote buildup to be minimized. That's your minimum, you're going to have creosote no matter what you do (and anyone who tells you otherwise is a dangerous cocksucker) but you should get by with only sweeping your chimney once a year. For safety I sweep mine twice, once during summer and once after the new year.
Didn't sweep it all year. I know I should have but I completely forgot. there was a lot of creosote in the fireplace after I swept it. I had to climb onto my roof in the rain to put the fucking thing out.
Start your fire like pic related. Google "upside down fire". It burns with higher efficiency and less residue.