[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so, can I use a T in place of the Y in this picture? On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (16KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 1152x648px
Ok, so, can I use a T in place of the Y in this picture?

On the left side of the Y in the diagram is a toilet, tub, and sink. On the right side of the Y only three sinks are tied in. The line is a 3" line.

With proper slope of the two lines mentioned above, the Y or T will be about 2 feet off of the ground, angling downward into the field line.

I've read using Ts in place of Ys can cause slowdowns/clogs but all of the solid waste was having to go past that ridiculous curve anyway and from what I've read, that mainly is referring to directional changes along the horizontal or vertical.

I live out in the boonies so I don't have to worry about inspections, just making sure the poop keeps flowing into the septic tank.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 748x430px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 748x430px
>>943397
Sorry, I drew it backwards, this is the way it's oriented.
>>
>>943397
Morning bump...any plumbers who are bored and waiting for a callout?
>>
>>943398
Wtf
Left and right are feeding into the bottom?
I would prefer a tee there, y only makes sense if the bottom line was feeding into the flow from left to right or right to left in op.
As long as the gradients/angles/runs are ok then go for it.
But I'm no plumber.
>>
>>943542
Yeah, the left and right are feeding the downward angle (it's fucking at like 20 degrees downward slope which is more than it's supposed to be, but I won't be able to dig that up and correct that until spring).

I imagine that the OP image was more correct because there used to be a toilet, garden tub, and shower plumbed in on that side, but it was so prone to freezing we plugged that stuff off years ago (I did eliminate deadlegs when I did that -- I do a good bit of industrial line work, so I know how the source side is supposed to work, but I'm kinda lost in the woods on the drain side).
>>
>>943397
If you can, use a street elbow feeding from whichever feed is higher into the top part of the y and feed the lower one into the bent part of the y. Don't use a t, what you heard is correct and it's got a much higher chance of clogging there. You may also need to vent this depending on how it's vented in other places. If you do, a double y will let you vent and combine both in a y, but they're fucking huge.
>>
>>943715
I don't think it needs to be vented because it's been working fine for almost a decade as drawn -- it's just once we stopped using one side of it that problems started happening. I really want to stub off that end, then just use 1 1/2" for the sinks into a gray water discharge that avoids the septic tank entirely, but I've got two ponds and a creek downhill from that, so yeah...

Thanks for clearing that up..the hole it being oriented slightly downward but everything telling me only about verticals and horizontals is what threw me. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day, but at least I'll be able to poop in my house again.
>>
>>943728
If when you do this, it drains slowly and you can hear glugging, it means a vent is needed. If not, you're in business. Good luck.
>>
>>943752
Thanks. Upon further thought, I'll just put a double Y in -- I can always cap the vertical part if venting isn't needed, and I'll have a tie in point if it is needed.

If I ever win the lottery, my fucking home will be fucking plumbed with 3" steel lines with isolation valves on every leg and a pressure nipple where I can hook up an air compressor and blow a couple of thousand PSI through the fucker. Let's see you clog then.
>>
Dont add the y or t horizontally.what you need to do is add 2 seperate elbows so the waste flows down and THEN into a joining fitting.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 692x431px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 692x431px
>>943760
So something like this?

Wouldn't going through that many elbows cause more restrictions though? (not arguing, just genuinely don't see how that's preferable)
>>
>>943759
Cast iron is decent enough and if you design your plumbing well enough, it shouldn't really clog past the trap.
>>
>>943862
Cast doesn't come with hammer unions because fuck finding someone to weld it.
>>
File: y-pipes.png (8KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
y-pipes.png
8KB, 960x720px
>>943770

Plumber here.

Do this and it'll work as it's supposed to.
>>
>>944238
Thanks!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.