[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Construction question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 20160206_134814.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160206_134814.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I was going to take out this closet to put in a bigger vanity, I discovered the post on the corner has been sistered. I wasn't expecting it as the wall the closet opens from seems to be structural too. Is there any other reason those studs would've been doubled?
>>
>>943026
Seeing as how you can't even take a decent picture I doubt you can handle anything that requires skill. Hire a professional.
>>
Sorry guys, didn't realise the picture sucked. Now it won't let me delete the post to add a different pic.
>>
>>943028
Add a second picture in another post.

>>943027
Photography skill =/= Construction skill.
Don't be an asshole for no reason.
>>
What do you mean by "post"? The studs of the door frame? You usually have two studs on either side of the frame unless it's a dinky ass closet then you could get away with one, but I'd still use two regardless.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-19-41-03.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-19-41-03.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Thanks guys, using my phone and its a little hard to navigate pic files via a mobile browser. Here's a better picture. For some reason, they sistered the studs at each back corner of the closet. There doesn't seem to be much of a load on them (when I knock on them, doesn't sound like bearing weight). When I bear weight down on the subfloor right next to the bottom plate, they seem to move separately, like there's no weight pressing the bottom plate hard down. The hallway wall the closet comes off is load bearing. I'm pretty sure of that. The closet is only a small linen closet approx 16"w x 14"d. Why would they have doubled up the framing there?
>>
>>943323
Look, it's a standard jack stud/king stud pairing you can safely delete both if you put in a microlam/paralam beam to carry the load over to the next significant upright pairing.
Simplicity itself.
>>
Thanks very much for all help received!
>>
Thanks for your help.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.