[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help repainting kitchen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

My aunt has been renting this house for quite some time and all around the kitchen ceiling the paint is falling off like this

I wanna help her out by painting it for her since she doesn't know how to do it, I've watched painting tutorials and everything, simple enough

But what about the peeling paint?

Am I gonna have to scrape the entire room ? It's a pretty thick layer that's falling off as one piece

Did the person that painted this not do it correctly or something?
>>
I'd say to strip it all, give it a light sanding for any crap that wond come off, and then go to store, and ask for a primer suitable for old plaster.

apply a layer of primer, follow instructions on that, then paint the finish surface.

But I mostly wanted to say thankyou to OP for that picture, because, having spent too long on /tg/, all I can see is a fantastic map coastline for a world to be created from that picture.
>>
>>942519
the brown stains indicate water leaking above the ceiling or something, you have a bigger problem than the paint itself
>>
>>942521
Sounds good

And what about the doorways? Sand that down too or just paint over?

>>942522
What kind of damage will this cause? Isn't it the landlord's responsibility? My aunt isn't savvy on these things and may get taken advantage of at times
>>
>>942522
and how can you be so sure? maybe it's just moisture, it's a kitchen afterall
>>
>>942530
or from an old leak that is no longer leaking...

so... if there isn't a current water issue you can scrap off the loose paint or better take it all off down to the plaster then prime the bare plaster then paint. did this in my 100+ year old dining room walls (but I didn't have a water issue at all) and it worked fine. now about 10 years later and the paint on the walls still looks perfect.
>>
>>942741
ALL the paint? or only the loose paint?
>>
>>942529
Yes, it's the landlord's responsibility (assuming you're in the US). Do not touch this project without written permission from the landlord. If you do wind up doing the work, the landlord pays for the materials used.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.