[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking about starting brewing my own beer at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: beer.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
I've been thinking about starting brewing my own beer at home. Any advice on what to get and how to start?
>>
If you want a simpler method you could get the make your own beer kits that sports stores sell. I think bed bath and beyond might have them too
>>
>>941277
I don't think there is a bed bath & beyond in Turkey. I found a starting kit online but I wasn't sure it would be enough.
>>
>>941245
I'd suggest trying wine or cider before beer as it's generally simpler for getting an understanding of how to make alcohol whilst not needing any specialized equipment.

Buy some distillers yeast off ebay and look up a guide on youtube for apple cider.

You ferment it right in the bottle the juice comes in, can't be simpler.
>>
>>941409
>>I'd suggest trying wine or cider before beer as it's generally simpler for getting an understanding of how to make alcohol whilst not needing any specialized equipment.
Making an all extract beer isn't too hard and will likely give you way better results than some bathtub wine or cider.
>>
>>941424
>>941409
Mead is easy as fuck to make if you don't mind the year and a half delay.
>>
I'd agree with the other poster - try cider first. That's how I got started. I figured that if I fucked up a cider I'd be less likely to notice, whereas having to drink 5 gallons of shitty beer...

I'd recommend some extract-based starter kit first - you can usually get some deal where they include the fermenting vessel, paddles, hydrometer and a malt extract kit. Sometimes these don't come with bottles, so you'd need to check that. If you buy a capper and start saving your beer bottles (or ask a local bar to take away their empties) you'll be able to clean them out and reuse them - they last forever.

All in, it shouldn't cost you much more than £60 to get started.
>>
>>941634
forgot to mention, you can't go wrong with the extract beer kits from Coopers - they're great for starting out with, and the fancier extract kits they sell make really excellent beer.
>>
Making beer at home is so simple

Bottling can be a pain in the ass,

Just use bigger bottles.

Also, how many of these threads are there at a time? Im getting a wine-cider shilly feeling from this one
>>
making 2 gallons of wine right now with ec-1118
had to use winco generic grape juice which tastes pretty decent on it's own so i'm hoping it'll come out pretty well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.