[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanted to ask, I don't own a vacuum food sealer. Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: vacuum seal.jpg (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
vacuum seal.jpg
15KB, 355x355px
Wanted to ask, I don't own a vacuum food sealer.

Is it possible to cut the bags into different shapes? Say a circle or octagon? Planning on using it for crafts.
>>
For that style they need to have a flat side. So no to circle, yes to octagon.
>>
>>941062
Ok cool.

Octagon was more important anyways. If I get the sealer plastic they sell on rolls, is it ok to cut it into the shapes I need?
>>
>>941090
They have two features, impulse seal, which melts the plastic sheets together and vacuum which removes the air.

You can cut the plastic to what shape or size you need.
>>
>>941093
Thanks much for the info. This is gonna make some projects a lot easier.
>>
Where can I get a steak printer like this? Or does someone have a guide so I could build my own?
>>
>>941042
Once it's sealed, you could use a regular bag sealer to cut it to whatever shape you want, no?
>>
>>941042
Look for "heat sealer" and you'll save a lot of money if you don't need to vacuum seal it. Also that is going to be a lot handler to work with.
>>
>>941193
>where can I get a steak printer?
No joke look for "bioprinter" instructables has a DIY bioprinter. Good luck with your Frankensteak.
>>
In an effort to derail OPs semi retarded thread;

Everyone post your vacuum sealers and how well they work. Iv been looking into getting one but I live in a condo so I dont want something that takes a lot of counter space,.
>>
>>941233
I've been using one of the early FoodSavor's we bought from Costco and although it works "okay" the new ones that they carry now are better from what I hear. I think OP's pic related is one. They're something you keep stored out of the way until you need it but they aren't huge.
>>
>>941233
BTW I don't think OP's post is semi-retarded at all... Yours on the other hand is.
>>
File: 1416942319787.jpg (44KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1416942319787.jpg
44KB, 500x367px
>>941266
So its less retarded to ask a question that can be answered in the appliances manual than a question of opinion from real people?
>>
>>941280
OP doesn't own one yet. I can almost guarantee that the manual doesn't cover octagons.
>>
>>941042
I use a Weston 2300 Pro for my food. I have a homemade vacuum machine to do other things.
What is it that you are trying to do. It would help guide you on what equipment to use.
I use vacuum for fiberglass work. It pulls a vacuum on the fiberglass so the resin will impregnate all of the glass and not have air bubbles.
>>
>>941042
Yes. However, you'll need to seal it around the shape using multiple angles. Outward curves like a circle will be easy. Inward curves won't work.

So, an octagon will work just fine. You'll
>>
Vacuum sealers are great.

Learn about Mylar, OP. Mylar bags are light barriers and much better than plastic. Unless you're using UMAi bags to age beef. Mylar might be much cheaper, too.

Check out sous vide cooking, too. Vacuum seals aren't necessary but they still work for it. You can cook literally perfect steaks with sous vide.
>>
>>941280
Maybe he meant how you said intravenously instead of I have, or maybe he's talking about the fact that you have a condo
>>
>>941042
>Planning on using it for crafts

Crafts = sex toy
>>
>>942170

You fell in the gutter of >>941280 you did.
>>
>>941280
with this you'll get more attention on >>/b/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.